Author Topic: The firearm community is so screwed  (Read 15761 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: The firearm community is so screwed
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2008, 07:20:53 AM »
EH, there is some ex nam vet somewhere who can't own a gun because he was depressed in 1969...I do not know him but am sure he exist.

JM is trying really hard to lose, at first I thought "no way does BO win"
but everyday I get more and more disgusted with JM.

God Help Us!

Wrong. They had to have been judged mentally incompetent by a court. Depression and treatment for depression does not create any sort of record that affects NICS. Larry Pratt's rants were lies that quoted California laws as if they were part of the NICS overhaul. They were not.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2008, 09:09:34 AM »
EH, there is some ex nam vet somewhere who can't own a gun because he was depressed in 1969...I do not know him but am sure he exist.

Manedwolf's correct.  It has to be judged by a court - take it from a vet who's being treated for PTSD.  I don't want to lose all my firearms because of what the VA's giving me, so I have been checking into this supposed threat.  It's not there.  The GOA screams about it, but the truth is a judge has to find one mentally unfit before they lose their guns, no different than what's already established out there. 
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2008, 12:34:56 AM »
What IS the standard for mental unfitness for US courts?

Also, isn't anybody who's been involuntarily committed also at risk?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2008, 11:14:06 AM »
Inquiring minds want to know.
yup!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2008, 11:15:16 AM »
Which state?
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: The firearm community is *maybe* screwed
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2008, 07:17:20 PM »

It is far far too early to predict who will be the next president.  I think McCain's chances are better than what one might predict from looking at the current polls. 
Congress is another matter.  The repukes have basically scre*ed themselves the way they've been spending the past 8 years.  Hopefully they will retain enough power to throw a wrench into any real serious antigun laws being proposed.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2008, 03:49:01 AM »
I've got the perfect solution for all of this.  Obama taps McCain as VP.  They agree on pretty much everything, and McCain brings experience and national security to the ticket. :puke:

Then the GOP can nominate someone worthwhile....

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2008, 05:00:37 AM »
I've got the perfect solution for all of this.  Obama taps McCain as VP.  They agree on pretty much everything, and McCain brings experience and national security to the ticket. :puke:

I second this motion.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2008, 06:38:37 AM »

Great idea!  They deserve each other  sad

"McBama - Change Worth Killing People For"   grin
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin