Author Topic: Barry needs a nap.  (Read 2487 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
Re: Barry needs a nap.
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 08:45:56 PM »
Nothing like going blank in a public speech to improve your image.
Look, tiny text!

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 03:27:26 AM »
Twelve "uh's" in the first minute alone.  I thought this guy was supposed to be a great public speaker.  Or is that only when he has the teleprompter?
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 03:30:36 AM »
Twelve "uh's" in the first minute alone.  I thought this guy was supposed to be a great public speaker.  Or is that only when he has the teleprompter?
He's quickly gotten the rep of doing well with a teleprompter and pre-written speeches plagarized from Malcolm X and others.
Without those, and when hit with hard questions, the empty suit starts to collapse.
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 03:47:30 AM »
Wizard of Uhhhhs, yes.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 04:04:18 AM »
If a Repub talked like that he'd be called stupid. Barry will probably be called...thoughtful.  rolleyes
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

agricola

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 04:13:14 AM »

i thought it was teleprompters?
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

yesitsloaded

• friends
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 04:30:07 PM »
They'll blame Ron Paul supporters adding the uuhs to the teleprompter from their cheeto ridden computer command centers.
I can haz nukular banstiks ? Say no to furries, yes to people.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 05:33:40 PM »
Hmm.  Tampering with teleprompters reminds me of the line, "Go @&%$ yourself, San Diego."  It's not too late  for Rev. Wright to claim that "God Damn America" was slipped into the teleprompter as sabotage. 

Oh, wait, yes it is.   laugh
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 01:37:23 AM »
He was listening to an aide give him helpful policy hints.  The ear piece was defective and he could not hear himself as he was speaking.  Hence the comment "I can't hear".

Empty suit.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon