Author Topic: TSA Gangstaz  (Read 5018 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
TSA Gangstaz
« on: June 19, 2008, 10:06:39 PM »
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
Re: TSA Gangstaz
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 01:38:37 AM »
I'm a screener with the TSA and we find this hilarious and surprisingly accurate....we've been laughing at this for a few months now...

I hate my job..... Sad
Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 01:57:49 AM »
A Ron Paul supporter working for the TSA... the thought somehow disturbs me.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 04:48:00 AM »
why? its just a job. like being a cop or a fireman or a janitor.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 04:54:21 AM »

Well, put it this way. These people generally believe the very existence of the TSA is unconstitutional and oppressive.
That said, I do not have anything t

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 06:13:02 AM »
Finch, I was a screener too, but it isn't just a job.  The liberties that people were willing to surrender for the a small bit of security always bothered me.  Was I keeping America safe from terrorism?  I don't know about that, although I certainly saved America from stupidity several times a week.  How can anyone think it's ok to pack a chainsaw with a full tank of gas?  Or the folks who were going camping and packed several bottles of propane?  Or the gallon of tolulene? 

The money is good, the bennies are the best, and if you were working for a private company you might, might, be able to say it is like being a rent-a-cop.  But you are an employee of the government, and you make a living searching through people's underwear, and you are almost beyond the reach of civil law.  Some of your co-workers are very competent.  Many aren't.  I worked with a guy who spent 20 years in the Navy and never made it to even NCO rank.  Imagine Archie Bunker, but not nearly so smart.  That guy was my boss.  America was less safe with that jackass on the job.

Now is a bad time to be looking for work, and the compensation package at TSA is seductive.  But if you truly are a libertarian you have to have developed an ulcer by now.  Just putting on the uniform, and seeing yourself in the mirror--

Good luck to both you and your conscience, Finch.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

InfidelSerf

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 06:25:53 AM »
Hilarious.. and I can't stand rap music.   

Hey Finch any chance you could get my Gerber folding knife back for me Smiley   
The TSA stole it in Vegas a year or so ago.  After I already made it through KCI.

:note to self: all ways check the pockets of jeans before tossing together a bag for a spur of the moment trip.
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 06:30:09 AM »
I'm a screener with the TSA and we find this hilarious and surprisingly accurate....we've been laughing at this for a few months now...

I hate my job..... Sad

Find another job?

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2008, 06:34:12 AM »

That's a dangerous statement. A cop or a fireman isn't actively fomenting stupidity and security theater.

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2008, 06:41:42 AM »
Hilarious.. and I can't stand rap music.   

Hey Finch any chance you could get my Gerber folding knife back for me Smiley   
The TSA stole it in Vegas a year or so ago.  After I already made it through KCI.

:note to self: all ways check the pockets of jeans before tossing together a bag for a spur of the moment trip.

They stole a pair of pliers from me in Denver.

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2008, 06:44:22 AM »

That's a dangerous statement. A cop or a fireman isn't actively fomenting stupidity and security theater.
neither are most of the tsa screeners. the real stupidity starts many layers above the guys you see at the airport. in fact, the real stupid is rarely if ever seen at an airport other than to be whisked through the vip section.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2008, 07:26:26 AM »
Two points:

1. Just about busted a gut on that video

2. Thankfully, I always keep a mono earphone plugged into the headphone jack.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2008, 07:42:52 AM »

neither are most of the tsa screeners. the real stupidity starts many layers above the guys you see at the airport. in fact, the real stupid is rarely if ever seen at an airport other than to be whisked through the vip section.

That is a somewhat valid point. I am in the National Guard, and that doesn't mean I am a warmonger. The opposite is true.

I am still somewhat uncomfortable with the idea of working for the TSA - personally I'd rather spit in a bucket and be penniless.

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2008, 09:21:12 AM »
Been wondering this for a while.
What's the preferred airline for us type folk?  I imagine they're all pretty crappy now, but what's the lesser evil?
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2008, 09:59:24 AM »

Well, put it this way. These people generally believe the very existence of the TSA is unconstitutional and oppressive.
That said, I do not have anything t

I work in baggage, so I don't have to do something like tell a mother she can't take baby food on board for her newborn, or enforce other asinine rules. But I do, quite often, get into arguments with my coworkers over the constitutionality of TSA and the rules it brings. I've been pulled aside many time by supervisors and given the whole "maybe this isn't the right job for you" speech. They are right, it's not, but it pays the bills. And when told that, it just makes them start questioning my loyalty and patriotism....it's great.

Find another job?

Oh Believe me, I'm working on it. They pay me just enough to make it difficult to find another job...

Finch, I was a screener too, but it isn't just a job.  The liberties that people were willing to surrender for the a small bit of security always bothered me.  Was I keeping America safe from terrorism?  I don't know about that, although I certainly saved America from stupidity several times a week.  How can anyone think it's ok to pack a chainsaw with a full tank of gas?  Or the folks who were going camping and packed several bottles of propane?  Or the gallon of tolulene?

The money is good, the bennies are the best, and if you were working for a private company you might, might, be able to say it is like being a rent-a-cop.  But you are an employee of the government, and you make a living searching through people's underwear, and you are almost beyond the reach of civil law.  Some of your co-workers are very competent.  Many aren't.  I worked with a guy who spent 20 years in the Navy and never made it to even NCO rank.  Imagine Archie Bunker, but not nearly so smart.  That guy was my boss.  America was less safe with that jackass on the job.

Now is a bad time to be looking for work, and the compensation package at TSA is seductive.  But if you truly are a libertarian you have to have developed an ulcer by now.  Just putting on the uniform, and seeing yourself in the mirror--

Good luck to both you and your conscience, Finch.

What scares me the most is when I hear a passenger say something like "yeah, it's inconvenient, but it needs to be done" or something to that effect...it hurts. You're absolutely right, Americans are willing to give up way to much, and I think that this job is why I have so little hope for this nation. I've seen first hand how much harassment at the hands of the government people will tolerate and I worry that no amount is great enough for them to start pushing back.

But what has really gotten me lately is the newest brainchild of the TSA - the Behavior Detection Officer. A group of people who are given more money to stand around and stare at you, when they think you are acting suspicious, they pull you aside and start grilling you, maybe even get the LEO's involved to run your background. Just the name of the group alone gives me chills, sounds like something out of 1984....
Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2008, 10:42:34 AM »
What's the preferred airline for us type folk?  I imagine they're all pretty crappy now, but what's the lesser evil?

Your own Piper Warrior. 
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2008, 12:16:22 PM »

Everyone goes through the same security gate for all the airlines. I'm not sure what you're asking.

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2008, 12:33:17 PM »
Yea I guess that was a dumb question.
For some reason I was thinking TWA, which is an airline,  instead of TSA, which is universal.
Your own Piper Warrior. 
Sounds good. Cheesy
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2008, 02:22:21 PM »
Maybe you could explain why a zippered sweatshirt is a "coat" and must be taken off and put on the conveyor, but a big bulky knitted crew neck sweater is okay to walk through the metal detector Huh?   rolleyes laugh

TSA - Tough S***, America  angry
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2008, 02:28:23 PM »
I worked with a guy who spent 20 years in the Navy and never made it to even NCO rank.

That's not possible. If you don't achieve certain rank milestones by a certain period in your enlistment you aren't allowed to re-up. He may've been severely busted in rank late in his career or something, but you can't literally be E-3 for life, despite the jokes of the Marine Corps Space Program.  grin
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2008, 09:42:54 PM »
Maybe you could explain why a zippered sweatshirt is a "coat" and must be taken off and put on the conveyor, but a big bulky knitted crew neck sweater is okay to walk through the metal detector Huh?

If you have to ask ... you obviously would not understand.

Do not question. Merely comply. It will go easier on you.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2008, 09:49:01 PM »
I've never seen so much equivocation condensed in one thread.  But I understand you all have to earn a paltry wage.  TSA can kiss my Irish ass. (Without feeling my nuggets, btw).   I'll either drive to my destination, or take a friend's private jet.   IOW, TSA can KMA

Dntsycnt

• friend
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2008, 06:35:45 AM »
By the by, does anyone else think, "It came from Oleg's blog" sounds like an old monster movie?

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2008, 07:35:40 AM »
I worked with a guy who spent 20 years in the Navy and never made it to even NCO rank.

That's not possible. If you don't achieve certain rank milestones by a certain period in your enlistment you aren't allowed to re-up. He may've been severely busted in rank late in his career or something, but you can't literally be E-3 for life, despite the jokes of the Marine Corps Space Program.  grin
I thought "up or out" didn't apply to regulars at all until they hit 20 years.
bob

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2008, 12:42:37 PM »
That's not possible. If you don't achieve certain rank milestones by a certain period in your enlistment you aren't allowed to re-up. He may've been severely busted in rank late in his career or something, but you can't literally be E-3 for life, despite the jokes of the Marine Corps Space Program. 

Well, given that he was never wrong, even after having his faced rubbed in it, busted is a possibility.  Sadly, if true, it did not adversely affect his civilian employment.

If you're reading this (doubtful, given that reading cannot possibly be something you do unnecessarily) Mike Thibideaux, you're the biggest jackass I've ever met.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.