Author Topic: Confessions of a *gag* McCain Supporter  (Read 5536 times)

Monty

Confessions of a *gag* McCain Supporter
« on: June 20, 2008, 07:02:13 PM »
Why whyNOTbarackobama?

This is not where I saw myself several months back. Around the first of the year, before either party's nominee was determined, when it seemed like Hillary was a lock and the Republican race was crowded, I was a staunch RON PAUL supporter. Ron Paul was always a long shot and I didn't expect for him to be around in November but I remained firm in my support as I think that his ideas are the real "change" that this country needs. Then a few unexpected things started to happen: the Republican race quickly thinned out and nobody's favorite John McCain became the obvious nominee. Hillary started to look like less of a lock as long-short Brack Obama unexpectedly pulled even with her and then pulled out in front.

I stated publicly several times before the Democrat ticket was determined that I would not vote McCain just to keep Hillary out of the White House, I would remain committed to Ron Paul through November. If Obama got the nomination though, I did not think I would be able to sit by and allow him to be elected.

Well that's where we are now and this is where I am. As for why I am against Obama....well I'll just let my blog speak for itself. I hope you'll take the time to stop by and check it out and also forward the link to all your friends so come this November they will know whyNOTbarackobama.

Thanks!

Monty http://whyNOTbarackobama.blogspot.com/

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: Confessions of a *gag* McCain Supporter
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 04:59:35 AM »
We found the McCain supporter! We found him!
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 08:39:39 AM »
Actually, we found a spammer whose only purpose is to promote his blog.

Dolt.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 01:28:19 PM »
Great, warring spammers, old school, meet Monty. Monty, meet old school.

Where's the vomit smilie Huh?
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 01:37:28 PM »
Great warring spammers old school, meet Monty. Monty, meet old school.

Where's the vomit smilie Huh?

Okay, I just snorted my beer through my nose.  You, sir, owe me!!
 cheesy
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 01:47:52 PM »
Let me know whenever you'll be in the Chicago area and I'll gladly pay. (Both in beer and range time !!)
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Pyle

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2008, 04:33:54 PM »
sorry, bad post.......    undecided

Dntsycnt

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2008, 04:39:41 PM »
Let me know whenever you'll be in the Chicago area and I'll gladly pay. (Both in beer and range time !!)

I think you two just had a "moment".

Monty

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2008, 08:24:28 AM »
Actually, we found a spammer whose only purpose is to promote his blog.

Dolt.

Yeah I'm promoting my blog but it's a blog for a good reason, defeating Obama.

Planning on sticking around and checking this place out, appreciate the warm welcome   grin

Monty

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2008, 01:32:51 PM »

Planning on sticking around and checking this place out...

Why?.....  undecided
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2008, 05:10:40 PM »
Planning on sticking around and checking this place out, appreciate the warm welcome   grin

Why bother?  Those of this forum aren't likely to visit your blog, neither are they likely to vote for Obama anyways.

Personally, I took one of those online quizzes and scored just over 50% for McCain.  Under 20% for Obama(and a point less for hillary).  I haven't seen anything to change my mind.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2008, 07:58:35 PM »
Link me to one of these quizzes, Firethorn.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Monty

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2008, 02:22:53 AM »

Why bother?  Those of this forum aren't likely to visit your blog, neither are they likely to vote for Obama anyways.

Personally, I took one of those online quizzes and scored just over 50% for McCain.  Under 20% for Obama(and a point less for hillary).  I haven't seen anything to change my mind.

Maybe cause I like chatting and hanging out with like minded people?  Why do you bother to be here?

Monty

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2008, 05:15:51 AM »
Link me to one of these quizzes, Firethorn.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=presidential+candidate+match+quiz&spell=1

Ah, I think this is it, it's been updated:
http://www.selectsmart.com/president/2008.html

Bob Barr leads at 73%
McCain 65-69%
Obama 40-44%
Clinton 39-42%
Nader 30-31%

I took the test twice, paying a bit more attention to the 'important' slider the second time.  This increased McCain&Clinton, reduced Obama and Nader.

Looking through, Obama gained on McCain in Gay rights, pro-choice, and drug rights.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2008, 05:18:02 AM »
Back it off a notch, kiddies.

And Monty, I apologize for the "dolt" remark.

We've had a lot of "my blog is the greatest blog in the world so I'll register everywhere and only post links to my blog so people will realize that my blog is the greatest blog in the world and they'll hail me and give me movie deals and I'll help save the world from whatever I hate most and I'll finally get my own place and out of my parent's basement and maybe I'll actually be able to kiss a girl...." retards showing up here the last couple of months.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2008, 05:21:24 AM »

We've had a lot of "my blog is the greatest blog in the world so I'll register everywhere and only post links to my blog so people will realize that my blog is the greatest blog in the world and they'll hail me and give me movie deals and I'll help save the world from whatever I hate most and I'll finally get my own place and out of my parent's basement and maybe I'll actually be able to kiss a girl...." retards showing up here the last couple of months.

I don't follow blog links because they're usually just attempts to bump up Adwords hits for money.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2008, 05:21:44 AM »
75% Ron Paul
73% Barr
53% McCain
46% Thompson [Whiskey... Tango..]
42% Obama

Monty

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2008, 12:06:22 PM »

Understand 100% Mike, appreciate the apology but it certainly wasn't necessary.  Looks like a lot of good folks here, no intention of rocking the boat (well at least not tipping it over   grin).

Concerning Adwords, there is no advertising on any of my sites.  I've been approached by legitimate advertisers but so far everything I do is on my dime (or in this case Bloggers, my first time playing with that service).

If I could recommend a place for new member introductions, might be helpful for the members getting to know the first timers.

Thanks!

Monty