Author Topic: Obama Caught In a Major Lie In Very First Election Ad  (Read 6249 times)

Monty

Obama Caught In a Major Lie In Very First Election Ad
« on: June 22, 2008, 08:30:16 AM »
Great catch!!!  From Gateway Pundit (link at the bottom).....

"That's why I passed laws moving people from welfare to work... cut taxes for working families... extended healthcare for wounded troops that had been neglected (Public Law 110-181). I approve of this message because I'll never forget those values."

Barack Obama
    "The Country I Love"
    First General Election Ad

Bummer-- Barack Obama says he'll never forget those "Kansas Values" from his grandparents but it looks like he already has.

Here is a frame from Obama's very first general election ad:

Obama says that he "extended healthcare for wounded troops that had been neglected" and cited Public Law 110-181 as proof of this.

The problem is: Obama didn't show up to vote. Only 9 senators voted the bill down or did not show up to vote.
Obama was one of the 9.
The bill passed the senate 91 to 3... without Obama's vote.

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2008/06/bummer-obama-caught-in-major-lie-in.html

Monty

agricola

• friend
Re: Obama Caught In a Major Lie In Very First Election Ad
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 08:46:26 AM »
Do they actually have people checking this stuff?
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 09:03:18 AM »
Decent records and the internet are the bane of fibbers and shavers of the truth.

Of course, someone, somewhere is fact-checking this. 

But, facts don't matter to many folks, nowadays.  A case in point are the numerous quotes by Dems saying bellicose things about Iraq, pre-2003. 
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 11:11:55 AM »
What ?!?!?!  What ?!?!?!  It's not a lie, just click your heels together and BELIEVE !!!

rolleyes
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 12:32:02 PM »
Unbelievers!  The Obama can make Change and bring Hope with his mind.  He does not need to vote, merely blink his eyes!

Repent, Unbelievers!
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 01:00:31 PM »
It has been interesting to watch this campaign. During the last, there was some degree of impact from internet and bloggers, but I feel like this time, they are really available for those who want truth. It's a sort of transparency that politicians have never had to deal with before, and they can't seem to wrap their heads around the fact that the memory hole is getting harder to use...
Hi.

agricola

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 01:30:40 PM »
It has been interesting to watch this campaign. During the last, there was some degree of impact from internet and bloggers, but I feel like this time, they are really available for those who want truth. It's a sort of transparency that politicians have never had to deal with before, and they can't seem to wrap their heads around the fact that the memory hole is getting harder to use...

While this is true, one would have hoped that even the media would have noticed this.  As a linked aside, did anyone see this in the same blog?

"Let me say this about the Democratic Party. I think that we can take a lesson from the Republicans in the sense that we seem to be continually looking for the next Messiah. I think thats a bad habit."

Barack H. Obama
    The Aspen Institute
    July 2, 2005

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/

grin grin
"Make peace, you fools"

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 03:33:59 AM »
Decent records and the internet are the bane of fibbers and shavers of the truth.
IIRC, Bill Clinton complained about about "being held hostage" by the Lexis/Nexus database . . .

Poor little baby . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 04:30:49 AM »

While this is true, one would have hoped that even the media would have noticed this.

Why would the media want to say anything bad about Obama?  The way the media talks about him, you'd think that he has already won the presidential election!

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 04:32:33 AM »

While this is true, one would have hoped that even the media would have noticed this.

Why would the media want to say anything bad about Obama?  The way the media talks about him, you'd think that he has already won the presidential election!

Yes, they already dumped the oil on his head a long time ago.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2008, 04:57:52 AM »
Blogs are great IMO.  They are normally one sided and partisan, but they drag out a lot of details and history into the light that the media tends to either ignore or simply can't get to.  You just have to remember to separate fact from opinion.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

agricola

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2008, 09:14:14 AM »
Even MoveOn and the Guardian are criticising him now:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/jun/23/barackobama.uselections20081
"Make peace, you fools"

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2008, 09:20:42 AM »
but but he didn't oppose so of course he was for it!
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2008, 09:36:15 AM »
Unbelievers!  The Obama can make Change and bring Hope with his mind.  He does not need to vote, merely blink his eyes!

Repent, Unbelievers!

I just have little Hope for some Change left over in my pay check when he is crowned.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2008, 12:33:42 PM »
Do they actually have people checking this stuff?

Of course some one checks. Otherwise the sheeple would believe every syllable of dreck these mooks uttered. A lot still do because facts inconvenience them.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

Monty

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2008, 04:34:16 PM »

I'm just have little Hope for some Change left over in my pay check when he is crowned.

grin Monty

HankB

• friend
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2008, 06:23:20 AM »
Interesting how I haven't seen this revelation on any of the TV stations . . . even one of the talking head shows on Fox only played the first part of the ad, and chopped off the lie. Hmmm . . . wonder why . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2008, 06:24:48 AM »
Interesting how I haven't seen this revelation on any of the TV stations . . . even one of the talking head shows on Fox only played the first part of the ad, and chopped off the lie. Hmmm . . . wonder why . . .

Murdoch has reported that he's fascinated by Obama.

From their morning show content, I actually am wondering if they'd gotten new marching orders, now, regardless of what it'd do to their ratings. Tongue

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2008, 06:29:43 AM »
What extended health care for troops? I didn't get any of that after my year in Baghdad.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2008, 01:10:31 PM »
Yeah, but first he has to turn all the hospitals in the US into VA hospitals. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge