Author Topic: Oh, d*mmit, McCain!  (Read 8294 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: Oh, g*d*mmit, McCain!
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2008, 06:07:43 AM »
Chris, the image that conjures up will haunt me for the rest of my days. I'm sending you my therapy bills. angry
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2008, 06:21:14 AM »
I'm still annoyed that Richardson didn't make the Democratic primary.
Richardson seems to be the kind of guy I could argue with over a couple of beers at the local watering hole . . . probably wouldn't see eye to eye on much, but I think we could part on civil terms.

The other Dems were/are raving Marxist moonbats by comparison . . . including their presumptive nominee.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2008, 07:28:21 AM »
Obama: Change--because it's cool, that's all.

McCain: After me, the deluge. grin
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2008, 08:37:37 AM »
How did we get to a choice between a Marxist and this dork, who is the only choice that's not the Marxist? HOW?!

You elected him for the nomination. grin

You now fully deserve to have him as your candidate.

Who elected him?  I doubt it was anybody in this thread. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2008, 10:08:09 AM »

Earlier this year, I was all ready to hold my nose and vote for Obama; but I think I've SEEN THE LIGHT and will vote for the *expletive deleted*che over the turd sandwich.

Now that's a bumper sticker worthy of Bogie's production....  grin
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

wacki

• friend
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2008, 03:22:02 PM »
Electric cars are the way of the future, McCain declared, and to underscore the point met reporters after the meeting beside a battery-powered Tesla Roadster. The sports car goes from zero to 60 in less than four seconds and produces zero tailpipe emissions, but retails for $100,000. The manufacturer compares it to cell phones that cost $2,000 in1985.
"Hydrogen is one of the future sources of energy in America," he added. "It's clean. It's good. But there's a lot of challenges. That's why we've got to let a thousand flowers blossom: Wind, tide, solar..."

McCain said the urgency of it all prompted him to reverse his position on off-shore drilling, last week calling for an end to a federal moratorium that is grounded in environmental concerns. He emphasized that drilling decisions should be left to states, but in answer to a question said he remains skeptical that drilling can be done safely in the "pristine" Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (commonly called ANWR), even though Alaskans overwhelmingly favor drilling there.

*facepalm*

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/06/23/mccain_talks_energy_in_califor.html

How did we get to a choice between a Marxist and this dork, who is the only choice that's not the Marxist? HOW?!

And hydrogen is not an energy SOURCE, it's an energy storage MEDIUM. You have to MAKE it. GAHHHHH!

I highly doubt that McCain doesn't understand that.  So, care to explain what is so bad about an alternative energy x-prize?  It's not going to be as effective as a Manhattan project but it's a low cost, low risk technique.  What is wrong with that?

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2008, 03:44:45 PM »
Nothing at all, as long as the money was not involuntary collected from taxpayers. If it is all donated voluntary then I think it is an excellent idea! In fact, I'd consider donating for this cause...

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2008, 04:57:31 PM »
You elected him for the nomination.
Actually, I voted for Huckabee.  How McCain won is beyond me.  How Romney got so many votes is even more beyond me.

But I'm realistic enough to realize there is no really better alternative in this election, there is no viable third party candidate, and voting to try and prove some sort of point is like rushing the machine gun nest to prove my honor.  Yes I've made my point, but where did it get me?

So I will hold my nose.  Voice my disgust as needed.  But I will do damage control and vote for the guy who will screw up the country less.  Because frankly it's less damaging then voting to make a point knowing it will be for nothing.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2008, 09:31:00 PM »
Who elected him?  I doubt it was anybody in this thread.

Fistful. You are truly trying to persuade me this is not your fault? grin
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner