Author Topic: Thousands sign petition to make Texas an open-carry state  (Read 7905 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Thousands sign petition to make Texas an open-carry state
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2008, 06:28:51 AM »
I thought people like that were rightfully restricted to the fringe?

The fringe of what? 

Those sorts of fringers have been elected to the US Congress, thanks to racially gerrymandered districts:  Cythia McKinney, Kieth Ellison, Berniece Johnson, others.

Explicitly black culture is rife with conspiracy theories.  The closer one gets to the poverty-ridden inner-cities, the more so, but it can be found even in the college educated.  An Army buddy of mine had no problem with white folks, but he did not like asians in the least.  His college-educated self held firmly to the belief that asian immigrant store owners in the inner city were not legally bound to pay taxes and thus had an unfair advantage vis a vis black store owners.  I am not making this up.

Another fellow I worked with doing landscaping (not college-educated) was certain Arkansas had a law back in the 1800s and early 1900s that said the only part of the pig a black person could eat were the ears and feet.  Again, I am not making this up. [He also asked to borrow $25 from me after declaring, "The white man is a MF."  I wonder why I didn't loan him the cash?]

Think of, say, Russian peasants back in the 1800s and how they would get all up in arms and blame the "Joos" for all sorts of things.  Or today, how native  Indonesians have their own set of conspiracy theories (and riots!) with regard to the overseas chinese living in Indonesia.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2008, 06:30:22 AM »
...wait... but this is the 21st century...

Your MicroBalrog unit has shut down in the realization of just how stupid some people are. Please take it in for repair.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2008, 07:05:40 AM »
Yeah, it took me a few moments to register that the words they were saying were, in fact, English.  Cause when they were put together, they made no sense.

I'm sure if we look back in my family history, at some time, back in the Old World, one of them was participating in the same sort of foolishness.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2008, 08:05:47 AM »
I thought people like that were rightfully restricted to the fringe?

Yep......if you consider the "spiritual leaders" of the leading Presidential candidate fringe-y......  undecided
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2008, 04:34:29 AM »
...wait... but this is the 21st century...

Your MicroBalrog unit has shut down in the realization of just how stupid some people are. Please take it in for repair.

This is a great explanation on how I felt when I heard that garbage.
I had said that the circuit breaker in my brain protecting me from the dumb had tripped.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM