Author Topic: Pelosi on 'Hush Rush,' and Filibustering FISA  (Read 7847 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: Pelosi on 'Hush Rush,' and Filibustering FISA
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2008, 05:24:36 AM »
I'm quite serious in my question. Has Obama stated anywhere he supports the Fairness Doctrine?
He is against it. As of 6/25/08. Whether that changes in the future, who knows.

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6573406.html?desc=topstory
"Sen. Obama does not support reimposing the Fairness Doctrine on broadcasters," press secretary Michael Ortiz said in an e-mail to B&C late Wednesday.

"He considers this debate to be a distraction from the conversation we should be having about opening up the airwaves and modern communications to as many diverse viewpoints as possible," Ortiz added. "That is why Sen. Obama supports media-ownership caps, network neutrality, public broadcasting, as well as increasing minority ownership of broadcasting and print outlets."

...now I have doubts again...
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2008, 05:24:47 AM »
MB:

STG has a more recent quote/position/source: 2008-08-25 vs 2008-02-07.

I suspect BHO is "against the Fairness Doctrine" in the same way the McCain is now "In favor of 'enforcement first' at the borders." 

IOW, the position is convenient for the current season.  If the opportunity arises to enact their true desires, I would bet on either "Fairness" or "Comprehensive Immigration Reform" to be rammed up our backsides, sideways.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2008, 06:06:59 AM »
I understand STG's is newer.

Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner