Author Topic: Obama talks of sacrifice and national service  (Read 13965 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: Obama talks of sacrifice and national service
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2008, 08:22:02 PM »
I was kind of hoping that he would pay a visit to my FOB while here the past couple of days.  Have a few questions I would ask him just to see if he would answer them truthfully or at all.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2008, 06:23:29 AM »
I doubt you or your questions would ever see the light of day.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2008, 06:49:53 AM »
He sat down at a couple of meals with different service members.  I am one that just wouldn't roll over and play nice.  I don't mind rocking the boat.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2008, 12:40:28 PM »
From Reuters/Getty Images today

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2008, 05:13:16 PM »
is it just me or can that guy only do one type of portrait?  laugh

Notice that every single painting in that photo is a right-side profile.  Not too original there, bud. 
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2008, 07:53:46 PM »
is it just me or can that guy only do one type of portrait?  laugh

Notice that every single painting in that photo is a right-side profile.  Not too original there, bud. 

Well it looks as if all of his subjects are left looking people.