Author Topic: A newspaper is trying to censor me  (Read 4928 times)

resistcensors

Re: A newspaper is trying to censor me
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2008, 06:12:30 PM »
I don't get the stuck part.  I was happy to pay what I actually owed, once I found out what I owed.  Am I unhappy the price is different from the one quoted?  Sure, who likes that?  Am I going to start a website over it?  Of course not.  The fight was never over what was owed, it was over what was not owed.  If I know you are trying to cheat me, I don't care if it is a single dollar, my answer is no.  In this case they wanted $390 for services I did not want.

If you went in to get your oil changed and after it was all said and done, they wanted $500 for the oil change and a bunch of other things you did not ask for, but would not tell you how much the oil change cost, how are you going to pay for the oil change?

The issue with money is resolved.  What is not resolved is the website.  I probably would take it down if asked.  I won't take it down to threats.  I would hope most people would stand up to threats.

My hope is that the next time this happens, and someone was charged for advertizing not ordered, the newspaper will remember this event and decide to provide customer service.  In our business sometimes, by mistake, we over charge.  Some customers are on the ball and point it out.  It's that kind of customer that keep us and other businesses honest.

I am trying to keep this bunch honest. 

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: A newspaper is trying to censor me
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2008, 06:44:00 PM »
On your website, it appears you covered up the number of the check, yet published the number of the account for all to see. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife