Author Topic: White House: Bush to lift offshore drilling ban  (Read 21472 times)

Ezekiel

• friend
  • Intellectual Masturbationist
Re: White House: Bush to lift offshore drilling ban
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2008, 10:12:08 AM »
Whose fault is it that people who have been retired for a number of years are finding that their monthly retirement/pension and social security incomes aren't able to keep up because in the last 10 years gasoline and heating oil have quadrupled in price?

"They chose poorly, over years."

There is a price to be paid.

If I choose poorly, that's on ME: so don't try any reflexive arguments, please.  (The pitard is there for me to be hung upon, I just choose to endeavour for that NOT to occur, by trying to anticipate SIGNIFICANT market fluctuations that are not in my favour.)
Zeke

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2008, 10:27:49 AM »
Reflexive arguments?

Such as when you came here looking for a sympathetic shoulder when you were having trouble with your divorce?

Curious that such a tender-hearted individual is so coldly crass when it comes to others.

Ooops, sorry, that was reflexively comparative.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2008, 08:45:10 PM »
"They chose poorly, over years."

There is a price to be paid.

It's a bit more complex than that.

You can start with the fact that interest rates have been kept artificially low and savers and investors are radically penalized by outrageous tax rates and double taxation.

If Social Security embodied true inflation adjustment payouts to beneficiaries would be much higher than they are.

The government is essentially conning the American people, transferring wealth from the small investor class to the welfare class.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2008, 05:43:56 AM »
This thread has drifted well beyond offshore drilling.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."