Author Topic: Waiting for home invasions to start!!  (Read 26994 times)

gregormeister

Waiting for home invasions to start!!
« on: July 22, 2008, 08:34:24 AM »
Man it just go's to show that it don't matter where you live, the idiots are there. Lately in my town..population maybe 500 or less...all 3 mini marts have been robbed, countless people have had their cat. converters stolen from their car and basically any precious metals IEcopper, aluminum, brass) stolen from their homes and the gas drained from their cars via puncture in the fuel tank.. The economy is going to hell and the local factories are laying off at an all time high. 2 weeks ago my car alarm went off at two a.m. and kindly screamed at the dark woods that my AK-47 was real as well as the 357. in my waisteband and that if I saw hide or hair of an individual at my property and they intended to take what was mine I'd kindly donate a hydroshock to the back, belly or head. Now figuring a squirrel with a late night hunger for acorns deposited a shell on my hood and sent the alarm bawling I forgot about the incident till saturday when I saw a S.W.A.T van and 2 State Trooper crown vics at a residence down the road. Seems that a "gang" comprised of 4-5 younger punks and there fat female sidekick have been the ones robbing and pilaging lately...One of em' is a state troopers boy!! And last week a Ford F-150 was stole down the road a mile away that was the getaway car(hmm... my car alarm?). The cops got 1 of em' at the residence and the other 5 are on the run. My wife has gotten a quick refresher course on my 12 guage and Glock 17, and I am always carrying due to my conceal permit. Am I the only one in small rural areas experiencing these situations or is the whole U.S plagued with dirtbags who refuse to work a 9 to 5? And I'm curious as to when I should expect the home invasions to start....We are in sad sad times in the U.S...And maybe its the former Marine in me but I refuse to be a victim and I look forward to making an example out of any of these backwoods hoodlums who want to harm my family or steal what I worked for. A I wrong for the animosity? Anyhow the main question is how do I prepare and counter home invasions?

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
Re: Waiting for home invasions to start!!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 08:51:02 AM »
Welcome to APS. 

I'd suggest extra layers of tinfoil, for good measure. 

That, and paragraph breaks... Wink

Advertising on APS that you'd shoot somebody in the back for property theft?

Your IP address doesn't resolve to Texas, and regardless, it ain't what we do here.

Maybe your second post can be a better one. 
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 08:51:33 AM »
A moat with alligators.

Claymore mines.

5 Bengal tigers

Razor wire.

A welcome mat that says "Go Away"
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 08:57:05 AM »
5 Bengal tigers

Only 5?  You obviously don't care about your life.  You're not really armed until you have a "standard capacity" streak and a spare streak on your belt.

Chris

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 08:58:06 AM »
A moat with alligators.

Claymore mines.

5 Bengal tigers

Razor wire.

One of the "classier" free staters in Manchester (as in, arrested every other week) apparently has a doormat that says "Come back with a warrant." cheesy

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 08:58:57 AM »

I have one of those, so I'm set.

Let the sky fall, I'm ready!

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 09:03:21 AM »
Paragraphs are your friend.

Shooting someone in the back is a bad idea, unless you are certain they're running for cover before they continue to return fire. Yelling that you intend to is even worse. Admitting this on a public forum is an epic fail. Should you ever legitimately need to shoot in self defense, be prepared to have the local prosecutor bring this post up.

Home invasions are unlikely, but can be a threat. Especially in isolated rural communities. Solid doors with good locks hooked to sturdy jams are a good start. No french doors, prickly bushes underneath windows etc. A quick search on the Strategy and Tactics forum of THR would reveal a wealth of knowledge. This is hardly the first time this question has been asked. Although it's usually asked more coherently......
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 09:15:37 AM »
""standard capacity" streak and a spare streak"

Streak...

HUH?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 09:19:47 AM »
the proper name for a group of tigers is "streak".  It isn't used often because tigers are solitary animals.

I thought about using "pack", but I figured some pedant would correct me.  Turns out the pedant didn't know the correct term either. Wink

Chris

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 09:34:57 AM »
Attention K-Mart shoppers, we are offering a special on Bitchslaps in Aisle 5.....
One day at a time.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 09:36:39 AM »
Well here's a day I NEVER thought would come...

Mtnbkr telling ME something I didn't know, although none of the dictionaries I've checked so far can confirm it...

However, I must say thank you for (pending confirmation) increasing my knowledge base.

As for being accused of being a pedant...

I've often thought that individuals who cry "you're a pedant" only do so in order to direct attention from their own crass ignorance...

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 09:39:41 AM »
There was a little side road in Colorado named "Goa Way"   grin
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2008, 09:41:00 AM »
Attention K-Mart shoppers, we are offering a special on Bitchslaps in Aisle 5.....

Wrong answer! Thanks for failing!

It would be a bitchslapping had I said to Mtnbkr "You spelled STEAK wrong, you moron!"

To which he obviously would have replied "Streak is a group of tigers, you imbecile!"

However, I was able to recognize the fact that Mtnbkr was using a word in a manner new to me, so I queried him about it in an effort to gain new knowledge.

So, no bitchslapping was delivered in that instance, it was but an exchange of knowledge, from him to me.

Oh, by the way...

I just bitchslapped you, imbecile. Cheesy

cslinger

• friend
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2008, 09:56:29 AM »
A moat with alligators.

Claymore mines.

5 Bengal tigers

Razor wire.

..........and a partridge in a pear tree?Huh???  or would that be cartridge? Cheesy

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2008, 10:00:56 AM »
1. Study the self-defense laws in your locality and ABIDE BY THEM.

2. Get a rifle in a major military caliber (5.56, 7.62mm*39, whatever).

3. If not 2, get a shotgun.

4. Get training. Preferably a quality professional course.

Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2008, 10:09:29 AM »
Well here's a day I NEVER thought would come...

Mtnbkr telling ME something I didn't know, although none of the dictionaries I've checked so far can confirm it...

However, I must say thank you for (pending confirmation) increasing my knowledge base.

As for being accused of being a pedant...

I've often thought that individuals who cry "you're a pedant" only do so in order to direct attention from their own crass ignorance...

I had a few anti gunners call me pedantic when I tore their argument up.
It was hilarious.
I responded to everything they said with a well thought out counter argument and they called me pedantic.  It was like "You're way better at this and your argument is superior, that is unfair to me, I cry foul."
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2008, 10:15:15 AM »
I normally only use the "pedantic" label for when someone gets torqued over clip/magazine or pack/streak when they knew damn well what the speaker was talking about. Wink

Chris

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2008, 10:20:48 AM »
Man it just go's to show that it don't matter where you live, the idiots are there. Lately in my town..population maybe 500 or less...all 3 mini marts have been robbed, countless people have had their cat. converters stolen from their car and basically any precious metals IEcopper, aluminum, brass) stolen from their homes and the gas drained from their cars via puncture in the fuel tank.. The economy is going to hell and the local factories are laying off at an all time high. 2 weeks ago my car alarm went off at two a.m. and kindly screamed at the dark woods that my AK-47 was real as well as the 357. in my waisteband and that if I saw hide or hair of an individual at my property and they intended to take what was mine I'd kindly donate a hydroshock to the back, belly or head. Now figuring a squirrel with a late night hunger for acorns deposited a shell on my hood and sent the alarm bawling I forgot about the incident till saturday when I saw a S.W.A.T van and 2 State Trooper crown vics at a residence down the road. Seems that a "gang" comprised of 4-5 younger punks and there fat female sidekick have been the ones robbing and pilaging lately...One of em' is a state troopers boy!! And last week a Ford F-150 was stole down the road a mile away that was the getaway car(hmm... my car alarm?). The cops got 1 of em' at the residence and the other 5 are on the run. My wife has gotten a quick refresher course on my 12 guage and Glock 17, and I am always carrying due to my conceal permit. Am I the only one in small rural areas experiencing these situations or is the whole U.S plagued with dirtbags who refuse to work a 9 to 5? And I'm curious as to when I should expect the home invasions to start....We are in sad sad times in the U.S...And maybe its the former Marine in me but I refuse to be a victim and I look forward to making an example out of any of these backwoods hoodlums who want to harm my family or steal what I worked for. A I wrong for the animosity? Anyhow the main question is how do I prepare and counter home invasions?

1. Let the Soldier of Fortune subscription expire.
2. Be careful posting "how I'm gonna get 'em" scenarios on the interwebz.
3. Switch to decaf.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2008, 10:20:52 AM »
"Need more?"

Nope, works well.

I'm rather disappointed in the online version of the American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, though.

I'll have to check the print version when I get home this evening.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2008, 10:23:27 AM »
"I had a few anti gunners call me pedantic when I tore their argument up.
It was hilarious.
I responded to everything they said with a well thought out counter argument and they called me pedantic.  It was like "You're way better at this and your argument is superior, that is unfair to me, I cry foul.""

PERFECT example of what I'm talking about, MBS.

The crassly ignorant find themselves in a knife fight armed with a popscicle stick and get all indignant about it.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2008, 10:30:55 AM »
The crassly ignorant find themselves in a knife fight armed with a popscicle stick and get all indignant about it.

Depends on how good you are with the popsicle stick.  laugh

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2008, 11:16:53 AM »

Brad

Stick placement is everything Wink

grin
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2008, 11:25:04 AM »

Brad

Stick placement is everything Wink

grin

Don't forget proper sharpening, I bet it would make a serviceable one time use shank!

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2008, 11:59:22 AM »
41magsnub, now you've done it....

Everyone take five....Mike's going to have to go to look this one up, too.

grin
One day at a time.