Author Topic: Waiting for home invasions to start!!  (Read 26989 times)

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re: Waiting for home invasions to start!!
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2008, 04:56:41 PM »
No, I carry either a .22 or a .38 Special.

Occasionally I'll carry a 9mm or a .357 Mag.

But nothing that starts with a "4"?  Good grief, you euro-weenie, you might as well not carry anything!

shocked

Bigger holes don't mean squat if you can't hit what you're aiming at.......and us .35-caliber afficianadoes can afford to practice more....  cool
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2008, 05:00:18 PM »

But nothing that starts with a "4"?  Good grief, you euro-weenie, you might as well not carry anything!

shocked

Bigger holes don't mean squat if you can't hit what you're aiming at.......and us .35-caliber afficianadoes can afford to practice more....  cool
Yeah, but that doesn't change the fact that .35 caliber is smaller than .45 caliber.

Tongue

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2008, 05:15:11 PM »

shocked

Yeah, but that doesn't change the fact that .35 caliber is smaller than .45 caliber.

Tongue

This is bigger......

...but I can carry this and get the job done better.....

That's why I like the .35's......  grin
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2008, 07:03:36 PM »
skid mark,

I believe "fenestral" (pertaining to windows) is the proper term.   smiley

Can't you all take a joke (or a difference of opinion) on caliber choice, number of rounds to keep on your person, etc.?   rolleyes
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2008, 03:50:17 AM »

shocked

How's a .38, .357, or .22 Euroweenie?

All three were deveoped here in the US.

Oh, silly me, I forgot...

Unless the bore of one's handgun is larger than one's penis, you're a Euroweenie.

Sigh...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2008, 03:54:23 AM »
So we all must carry Serbu Buttmasters?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2008, 04:07:59 AM »
"Yeah, but that doesn't change the fact that .35 caliber is smaller than .45 caliber."

Yes, and .45 is SMALLER than .50!

What are you, some sort of sissy Europunk trash who doesn't care about being a Frenchy nancyboy and who sits around sipping Perrier water and waiting to surrender to the next next individual who goes "BOO!"

Is your manhood that unimportant to you that small children will look at you and call you pansy?

Is your life that unimportant to you that you would carry such a weak, antiquated, and ineffectual "weapon"?

It seems to me that you'd be better off carrying a Fairy Wand and errecting magical Fairy Dust barriers to keep bad guys at bay.

You know, EVERY time I've been accosted at the range by some know it all who starts spouting off about how a .45 is the ONLY gun for defense becuase... well, because it's BIGGER... it's turned out that super know can't hit the broadside of a bull with a barn.

%()*&^$()*&$^ing 'tards.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2008, 04:15:27 AM »
You know, EVERY time I've been accosted at the range by some know it all who starts spouting off about how a .45 is the ONLY gun for defense becuase... well, because it's BIGGER... it's turned out that super know can't hit the broadside of a bull with a barn.

%()*&^$()*&$^ing 'tards.

Yeah, someone did that to me ONCE. "That's a little gun!" then the mentioned bit, regarding my P7.

It happens to be the gun I shoot best. In response, I put the silhoutte further out, and proceeded to do a tight group in the upper chest...one-handed. They went away. smiley

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2008, 04:16:07 AM »
Yes, and .45 is SMALLER than .50!

Yeah, well I've got my old Brown Bess ready for CCW action.  I limp a lot, but hey, it's got a nice big bore!  laugh
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2008, 05:46:48 AM »
Now, now.  No one's saying that carrying a 9mm makes you a weenie.  Not at all. 

It's just that if you carry one, then we know you were already a weenie to begin with. 

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2008, 05:56:00 AM »

It's just that if you carry one, then we know you were already a weenie to begin with. 

I shall take a photo of the target the next time I do Mozambique drills with mine. Tongue Wink

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2008, 08:22:25 AM »
"In response, I put the silhoutte further out, and proceeded to do a tight group in the upper chest...one-handed. They went away."

That's how I normally deal with them, too.

It's always the ones who can't shoot who pull this crap.

I was taking guff some some assclown years ago for shooting a revolver.

"Eh, you only got six bullets (that was a signal of what we were dealing with right there). I'll still be shooting while you're reloading!"

When he pulled his target in from 10 yards it was apparent just WHY he needed high capacity magazines. Of about 30 shots, I'd say a good third of them were pure misses. The ones that did get into the kill zones were obviously random. The guy didn't have groups, he had patterns.

He was PLENTY pissed when I told him good marksmanship with 6 rounds is a lot cheaper than poor marksmanship with 30. But, after seeing my 12, all in the kill zone at a similar distance, he kept to himself, and that's what I cared about.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2008, 08:31:57 AM »
So would a 4mm pistol be adequate ? Tongue
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2008, 08:32:56 AM »
Eight rounds doesn't work for me.  I'm always attacked by gangs of nine or ten, and it's too much hassle to line up two of them for one shot.  I realize Quigley did that, but he had a Sharps and lots of time.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2008, 08:57:48 AM »
Eight rounds doesn't work for me.  I'm always attacked by gangs of nine or ten, and it's too much hassle to line up two of them for one shot.  I realize Quigley did that, but he had a Sharps and lots of time.

Just carry a Tokarev and you can shoot through two at once. grin

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2008, 09:01:26 AM »
Actually, a gang of four would do you in if you insist on Mozambiquing each one (as you properly should). grin grin

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2008, 09:30:44 AM »

I shall take a photo of the target the next time I do Mozambique drills with mine. Tongue Wink

Oh, there's no help for you.  You could Mozambique ten targets, with two extra shots in the pelvic cradle, with a double-stack 1911 in .50 GI.  At 100 yards.  In five seconds.  And you would still be a weenie. 

I thought that would go without saying.  Tongue   angel

Edit:  My only handgun right now is a .38 Special.  And it don't even work good.  So I guess I'm a weenie, too. 

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2008, 09:37:57 AM »

Oh, there's no help for you.  You could Mozambique ten targets, with two extra shots in the pelvic cradle, with a double-stack 1911 in .50 GI.  At 100 yards.  In five seconds.  And you would still be a weenie. 

I thought that would go without saying.  Tongue   angel

Edit:  My only handgun right now is a .38 Special.  And it don't even work good.  So I guess I'm a weenie, too. 

If I were to carry all the handguns I have, it would probably end up like that scene in "I'm Gonna Git You, Sucka". And that would not be overly useful. smiley

I could always carry both vintage Soviet Tokarevs crossdraw and use both at once, which would provide a lot of fireball and noise, but they're not particularly accurate... cheesy

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2008, 11:19:20 AM »

[Bob Munden gunsmith voice] I think I've diagnosed the problem with your .38......it's that weenie-like thing attached to the grip..... [/Bob Munden gunsmith voice]

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2008, 01:17:41 PM »
Well, it was working when I got it, so you really can blame me for that one.   smiley  S&W made them more idiot proof in later versions. 

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2008, 09:55:29 AM »

shocked

How's a .38, .357, or .22 Euroweenie?

All three were deveoped here in the US.

Oh, silly me, I forgot...

Unless the bore of one's handgun is larger than one's penis, you're a Euroweenie.

Sigh...

Should have included the winking smiley, as I was just kidding.  This is one of the more tired arguments, ranking up there with any other caliber debate.  FWIW, I carry a 9mm or a .38, depending on what I am wearing. 
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2008, 09:59:39 AM »
Bah.  I prefer to roll with a 12 gauge.  Ain't much arguing with that.   cool
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2008, 07:36:10 PM »
Oh dear...

I'm apparently even MORE weinerfied now...

I just added another .38 Special, and this one isn't even capable of using .38 +Ps...

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2008, 10:24:47 PM »
Bah.  I prefer to roll with a 12 gauge.  Ain't much arguing with that.   cool

You need THIS:

yesitsloaded

• friends
« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2008, 04:42:14 AM »
Serbu Super Shorty?
I can haz nukular banstiks ? Say no to furries, yes to people.