Author Topic: How 'bout them Horns!  (Read 2003 times)

Art Eatman

• friend
How 'bout them Horns!
« on: September 10, 2005, 07:11:30 PM »
Horns hooked'em, 25-22.

IOW, just barely. Smiley  Give OSU a bunch of credit; no flies on those folks.

Art
The American Indians learned what happens when you don't control immigration.

Dannyboy

• friend
How 'bout them Horns!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 07:13:08 PM »
I was blue at the end of that game.  I think I held my breath for the last 5 minutes.  That was definitely a great game and next year should be good too.  I should be back in Austin by then so hopefully I'll be there.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

Subby

How 'bout them Horns!
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 07:45:19 PM »
Yeah, it was a really good game.  Rough day for the Big 10, OSU, Michigan, Iowa all went down.  Not that I mind.  The only way the day could have went any better is if somehow Michigan and Notre Dame both lost the same game.

Sub
Penn State Fan

...has left the building.

How 'bout them Horns!
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2005, 09:28:36 PM »
I was at the Purdue/Akron game today...our offense is switched on but our defensive secondary looks like a high school team! Argh. They have the talent but not the drive apparently since some of the cornerbacks appeared to be jogging while their receiver was breaking free down the field.

Lee

• friend
How 'bout them Horns!
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2005, 11:32:56 AM »
It was a great game- in spite of the fact that the wrong team won Smiley.  I thought OSU played the better game....they just couldn't punch it in the EZ.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
How 'bout them Horns!
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2005, 03:02:00 PM »
I no longer follow sports, but when I did...

My favorite baseball teams were the Chicago Cubs and whoever was playing the NY Mets.  ("The Mets are worse than cancer"----Bill Murary , subbing for Harry Carrey after his stroke)

My favorite college football teams were Texas A&M and whoever is playing the Longhorns.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

crt360

• friend
How 'bout them Horns!
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2005, 02:02:27 PM »
That was a great game.  I watched it with 3 other Longhorns and every time Young stumbled around trying to throw the ball with a couple of OSU linebackers hanging all over him I was thinking someone might have to call 911.  OSU's team looks the best it's been in years.  With the turnovers I was sure Texas had given it away, but the defense kicked ass all day and somehow Vince managed to pull it off.  What was with the instant reply/official review?  They spent forever with it on the obvious touchdown reception by Sweed, but it was nowhere to be found on Melton's attempt to cross the goal line.
For entertainment purposes only.

client32

• friend
How 'bout them Horns!
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2005, 04:17:38 AM »
It was a good game.  I'm glad Texas' defense was able to hold them to only a field goal several times.

Hopefully somebody in Austin can teach them how to catch a ball.  I think it might help.
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations - APS homepage 3/4/05 - 5/20/05

Never ask a man where he is from. If he is from Texas he will tell you. If he isn't there's no need to embarass him.

Dannyboy

• friend
How 'bout them Horns!
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2005, 04:52:16 PM »
Quote from: crt360
Melton's attempt to cross the goal line.
Somebody needs to set that boy down and and have a good long talk.  They need to explain to him that at 270 lbs. he doesn't need to try and go around a safety, he can go right over the safety.  He really should have scored on that run.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

grampster

• friend
How 'bout them Horns!
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2005, 06:07:55 PM »
Just had my prostate removed.  Ain't got no horns no more. Tongue
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
How 'bout them Horns!
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2005, 05:59:01 AM »
At least you guys can look forward to football season.  I went to undergrad at Indiana University.

We used to joke that the giant "I" on the helmet stood for "Incomplete Pass"!
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Smoke

How 'bout them Horns!
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2005, 03:20:00 PM »
From someone that bleeds purple........"How 'bout them Frogs!"

I liked to fell out when we beat Oklahoma during the opening weekend of Dove season no less.
"It just don't get no better"

Smoke
TCU Ranch Mgt. Class of '84 "Go Frogs"

Smiley

crt360

• friend
How 'bout them Horns!
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2005, 03:35:04 PM »
I liked to fell out when we beat Oklahoma during the opening weekend of Dove season no less.
"It just don't get no better"
That was impressive.  They actually looked like a great team doing it, too.  So, what happened against SMU?   :oops:

Dang it, my smilies are broken.
For entertainment purposes only.