Author Topic: Would You Let Your Kid Eat a Popsicle for Breakfast?  (Read 7879 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
Would You Let Your Kid Eat a Popsicle for Breakfast?
« on: July 24, 2008, 11:40:59 PM »
Actress Leah Remini let her daughter Sofia, 4, eat a popsicle for breakfast.

http://www.usmagazine.com/poll-would-you-let-your-kid-eat-a-popsicle-for-breakfast

The reason for the question.

Me myself vote number 3.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Regolith

• friend
Re: Would You Let Your Kid Eat a Popsicle for Breakfast?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 11:48:57 PM »
Ok....not really sure why the hell this is such a big deal. 

And just what are we defining as a popsicle?  Any type of frozen juice can be a popsicle, from kool-aid to carrot juice.  So it's not necessarily unhealthy, and might be appropriate on a hot day.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 12:09:46 AM »
Why on earth is this a poll?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 12:13:06 AM »
Because I felt like posting it.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 01:27:56 AM »
You can't have ice cream before you finish your cookies, and I mean it this time, kid!
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 01:35:35 AM »
You can't have ice cream before you finish your cookies, and I mean it this time, kid!

Everyone knows that you either eat your ice cream before the cookies, or use the cookies as implements to transport the ice cream from the container to your mouth.

Waiting to eat your ice cream until after you finish eating your cookies only results in the ice cream turning into soup.

As for the original question - are we talking about a whole popsickle, or just 1/2?

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 01:38:34 AM »
As for the original question - are we talking about a whole popsickle, or just 1/2?

The whole popsicle.  Who would only eat half?  Gee some people on here.

grin

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2008, 01:42:07 AM »
Because I felt like posting it.

Yes, but why does USMagazine care?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2008, 01:55:50 AM »
1. I voted "Only after they eat their cake." Cake is healthy. Bill Cosby said so....

2. Can we start a poll titled "Who wants to wake up and have actress Leah Remini serve you breakfast?"   grin grin grin
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2008, 02:03:51 AM »
1. I voted "Only after they eat their cake." Cake is healthy. Bill Cosby said so....

2. Can we start a poll titled "Who wants to wake up and have actress Leah Remini serve you breakfast?"   grin grin grin

How about Leah Remini being breakfast? grin angel

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2008, 02:05:07 AM »

I had to google her to find out who she is.  Just checked out the pictures.

Why do we need to start a poll?  The answer is "YES".

The guys will answer "YES" because we are filthy sexist pigs.  The wymmn will answer "YES" because they want to see her suffer for her sins, or because like me they are lesbians  grin *

stay safe.

skidmark

* It's an old and crude joke. angel
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2008, 02:20:33 AM »
Popsicle for Breakfast - pretty much only in special circumstances.  Such as illness, recent operation, etc...

And yes, if I was aware that eating solid, non-cold food was going to be a problem, fruit juice Popsicles would be in the freezer.  Might be anyways.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2008, 04:41:43 AM »
As long as she didn't let the kid pee in the street after......
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2008, 06:56:50 AM »
If it were a 100% fruit juice popscicle, who gives a damn?

Its a glass of juice frozen on a stick.

A lot of the fruit "juices" that are marketed to kids are less nutritious that some popscicles.

What a bunch of overblown crap.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2008, 08:46:55 AM »
Things must be going reeeeaaaallllllyyyyy well in Iraq, if wmenorr67 has time to read US magazine and post silly polls on APS.   Shouldn't you be out whacking terrorists ??   rolleyes cheesy grin

I voted #4  grin
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2008, 09:21:47 AM »
Sure, as long it's a rare thing.

I have given my daughter ice cream for breakfast on a couple of occasions. Both of them involved her being sick as a dog and no appetite to speak of, even after not eating for 18 hours or so. Ice cream was the only thing that piqued her interest.

Even under normal circumstances, why not? A popsicle for breakfast a couple times a year is not going to hurt anyone.
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

coppertales

• friend
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2008, 09:41:59 AM »
I eat ice cream sandwiches for breakfast all the time.  I just like them better than popcicles.  Besides, didn't popcicle do away with two sticks?  Same for pizza, I eat it for breakfast all the time......chris3

mfree

• friend
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2008, 10:24:22 AM »
On a regular day? probably not.

Of course I take afte my father on childrearing purposes, and if my child were to incessantly whine about eating ice cream or popsicles for breakfast, I'd allow it... as long as they ate it as quickly as possible.

The end result being a tempering of any impulse for frozen breakfasts during the resulting horror.

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2008, 10:30:11 AM »

I was saving that for dessert..... Wink
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2008, 10:38:44 AM »
They're kids.  Sometimes you have to spoil them.  Eventually they grow up....at least give 'em something to look back at and smile about.  USmagazine can take a flying leap and die....die...die!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2008, 10:41:04 AM »
I voted 'yes', but it has to be a special occasion.

I generally insist on my kids eating healthy breakfast food like a poptart, bacon and eggs, a sausage biscuit or donuts...   smiley
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2008, 04:56:05 PM »
If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding.
How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

It's happened, It'll happen again.  I don't like it, but I need to choose my battles.

Feinstance  -

me "You did have a popsicle for breakfast, "
she "Yes, okay."

It's all give and take
7-11 was a part time job.

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2008, 04:59:41 PM »
I voted 'yes', but it has to be a special occasion.

I generally insist on my kids eating healthy breakfast food like a poptart, bacon and eggs, a sausage biscuit or donuts...   smiley

What?.....No gravy?......  sad

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2008, 07:20:30 PM »

After seeing how much prices at the butcher shop have risen, I don't see why not.  Medium well, tenderized and a good marination...  Might go well with some scrambled eggs and hash browns. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2008, 07:51:30 PM »
Things must be going reeeeaaaallllllyyyyy well in Iraq, if wmenorr67 has time to read US magazine and post silly polls on APS.   Shouldn't you be out whacking terrorists ??   rolleyes cheesy grin

I voted #4  grin

My MOS allows me to do that from a desk with a couple of computers in front of me. grin laugh