Author Topic: Judge Stuns Court by Whipping Out Knife in Front of Teen Defendant  (Read 1750 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,391241,00.html

A British judge trying a knife-crime case stunned the court by pulling out a blade.

Campaign groups blasted Judge Roger Connor after he brandished a knife in front of a teenage defendant charged with wounding someone with a blade.

The 16-year-olds lawyer asked Connor if he was committing an offense  and was told it was acceptable because the blade was less than 3 inches long.

Connor got out the folding black-handled knife at Oxford Crown Court to show how it worked. The boy, who denies wounding with intent and assault, had admitted using a knife and claimed he needed only one hand to open it.

Connor asked: It happens I have a folding knife in my pocket. You need two hands to open it, dont you?

Under English and Welsh law it is an offense to carry in public a blade longer than 3 inches without good reason.

Furious anti-knife crime campaigners called last night for the judge to be fired.

He should lose his job. One teenager a week is being murdered on the streets of Britain and here he is brandishing a knife, Lyn Costello, co-founder of the Mothers Against Murder and Aggression campaign group, said.

Enough is enough  we need to get tough on knives in this country and our judges should be handing out tough sentences, not brandishing their own.

I can open my folder one handed, and it has no mechanical assist.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Manedwolf

• friend

So can I, my Italian-made SIG folding skeleton knife.

I wouldn't want one that I could not do that with.

Nick1911

• Administrator

So can I, my Italian-made SIG folding skeleton knife.

I wouldn't want one that I could not do that with.

Honestly, I consider that a safety feature.  If a situation arises where one hand/arm is hurt or trapped, I want to be able to open and use my knife.  Maybe I'd even need to cut whatever has ensnared my other arm!

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
They want him fired ?!?!?!

I wanted the judge to "Jesse Jackson" the little sod.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

griz

• friend
Anybody have an idea why the court would care one way or the other how many hands this guy alledgedly used to open the knife?  Maybe he's claiming it accidentaly opened?
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Maybe now the British will ban judges.....  laugh
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
Maybe now the British will ban people.

Standing Wolf

• friend
He should lose his job. One teenager a week is being murdered on the streets of Britain and here he is brandishing a knife, Lyn Costello, co-founder of the Mothers Against Murder and Aggression campaign group, said.

Did he murder anyone?

Why did we sacrifice hundreds of thousands of American lives not only once, but twice in the last century to saved the English from the Germans?
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

freakazoid

• friend
Anybody have an idea why the court would care one way or the other how many hands this guy alledgedly used to open the knife?  Maybe he's claiming it accidentaly opened?

Maybe he thinks if it took two hands it must be to big of a knife?  shocked
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

The Annoyed Man

"That's not a knife."

"That's a knife."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: Judge Stuns Court by Whipping Out Knife in Front of Teen Defendant
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2008, 03:54:50 PM »
Mothers Against Murder and Aggression

Rolling on the floor crying. Or is it laughing?  And I thought the states had stupid activist groups.

Radio ad targeting youth. "Don't fight back, call your MAMA!"   grin
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Judge Stuns Court by Whipping Out Knife in Front of Teen Defendant
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2008, 05:47:29 PM »
Why did we sacrifice hundreds of thousands of American lives not only once, but twice in the last century to saved the English from the Germans?

Well, Churchill was right.  That was their finest hour......it's been all downhill since.......
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.