Author Topic: The Dark Night-Warning spoiler if you have not seen.  (Read 1562 times)

yesitsloaded

• friends
The Dark Night-Warning spoiler if you have not seen.
« on: July 27, 2008, 06:38:17 PM »
I'm going to be honest guys, that movie was just wrong. The Joker was the most sadistic character I have ever seen in a movie. He makes Hannibal Lector look like a cute puppy. It really was quite disturbing. The movie was almost depressing. The best part to me was when the huge black prisoner threw the detonator out the window. "I'm gonna do what you should have one ten minutes ago".
I can haz nukular banstiks ? Say no to furries, yes to people.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: The Dark Night-Warning spoiler if you have not seen.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 08:08:53 PM »
The Hannibal Lector who drugged a guy up, then had him slice his own face off and feed it to dogs? Ledger did a great job, but the character was hardly the creepiest ever.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 08:26:34 PM »
I'm going to be honest guys, that movie was just wrong. The Joker was the most sadistic character I have ever seen in a movie. He makes Hannibal Lector look like a cute puppy. It really was quite disturbing. The movie was almost depressing. The best part to me was when the huge black prisoner threw the detonator out the window. "I'm gonna do what you should have one ten minutes ago".

I think he did an excellent job of playing a psycho.  Probably the best I've ever seen on the big screen.  Sadistic?  Maybe.  Moreso, insane with a facination with knives, explosives and setting things on fire.  That people were killed I think is of a secondary concern.  Entertainment (or rather, listening to the voices/impulses in his head) is his primary concern. 

You gotta admit, the pencil magic trick was just downright funny.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 07:26:23 AM »
The Pencil Trick was genius.  I'm usually not a fan of super hero movies, but this one was great.

Iapetus

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 12:41:57 PM »
IMO the funniest part though was:

"Let me get this straight. You think that your client, one of the wealthiest, most powerful men in the world, is secretly a vigilante who spends his nights beating criminals to a pulp with his bare hands&and your plan is to blackmail this person?"

Phantom Warrior

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 02:42:50 PM »
I agree with you wholeheartedly, yesitsloaded.  The movie was amazingly well done and well acted, but I probably won't ever watch it again.  There is enough darkness in the world already without me putting that much of it in to my head in one sitting.  And after being in Iraq for 15 months I've found I have even less tolerance for dark and disturbing movies than I used to.  Dunno why.

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 06:28:39 PM »
I have yet to decide which "Batman" I like better, Tim Burton's or this one.

For whatever reason, I feel like Micheal Keaton was a better Bruce Wayne, but Christian Bale was a MUCH better Batman.

Also, Vicki Vale was much nicer to look at.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 06:54:42 PM »
I hear ya Phantom. I used to love war movies, all the first person non-fic war books you can get from the military book club etc. After Iraq I have no interest in them any more.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 07:02:46 PM »

I don't watch many military movies myself anymore.  Not so much due to PTSD, but moreso due to the fact that I grind my teeth at the legion of inaccuracy. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2008, 10:30:03 PM »
It was awesome, Cheesy And the pencil trick was hilarious. I thought it was pretty funny how he seemed top take a personal offense at being called crazy. It was pretty interesting how the Joker wasn't just doing things because he is insane, which he really is, but he also had a point on what he was doing. And I really liked how it wasn't just all action, there were the discussions on vigilantism.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic