Author Topic: Infant boy is killed by pet dog  (Read 5063 times)

Antibubba

• friend
Re: Infant boy is killed by pet dog
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2008, 09:48:01 PM »
Baby swing, little bare feet swinging back and forth, back and forth, six week old puppy grabbing and dragging, grabbing and dragging, the little feet. Yeah I can see it. It must have taken a while. Horrible. The mom and grandmother being far enough out of the picture not to hear the screaming over an extended period and not checking is the worst.

A baby that small, I would imagine he lost consciousness from blood loss quite quickly.  Not that it would have slowed the swing any.  That room must have looked like a scene from a horror film.

I'm going from analytical and detached to nauseous, and back again.  I wonder if either parent will test positive for drugs?
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2008, 09:08:37 AM »
In the vein of trying to find something positive here,maybe the teen parents can grow up now & make something better of their respective lives.

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2008, 09:21:41 AM »
In the vein of trying to find something positive here,maybe the teen parents can grow up now & make something better of their respective lives.

Neutering would be the smart thing to do...

Prior to letting them loose on society that is.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

taurusowner

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2008, 10:36:44 AM »
This just goes to show, there is no such thing as a totally 100% safe dog.  Every single dog that's bitten someone started out never having bitten before...until it did.  They all have the potential to cause harm under the right circumstance.  The vast majority of the time, things are fine, and people tell themselves they understand their dogs or dogs in general and "I just know he's friendly".  But the truth of the matter is, dogs are not humans.  We cannot adequately communicate with them or any other animal.  Any perceived "certainties" we have about dog behavior are just illusions.  No matter how much you love your dog, no matter how much time you have spent around dogs, and no matter how much you think you know about them, you can neither read their minds, or tell the future.  Anything is possible.