Author Topic: Alabama Boy Gets Death Threats for Hunting 1,000-Pound Monster Pig  (Read 7637 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,394344,00.html

When a 1,000-pound wild hog was shot last year in Alabama, 11-year-old hunter Jamison Stone couldnt have been happier. But his prize photos of the 9-foot-long boar have continued to cause a stink, one the Stone family cant seem to shake.

The backlash has only grown worse, with one group calling for the hunters' prosecution.

"It is unbelievable what my family has been through over the past year," Mike Stone, Jamisons father, told The Birmingham News. "It has taken 10 years off my life."

An online petition has garnered more than 800 signatures from around the world demanding prosecution for what activists are calling animal cruelty, according to the newspaper. Rhonda Roland Shearer, a New York City organizer seeking punishment for the hunting team, says it took three hours for the monster pig to die after the animal was shot 12 times with a pistol.

"My concern is that this case has brought a negative image to Alabama and to hunters who hunt ethically," Shearer told the News. Shearer has demanded investigations from the county and federal attorneys offices and two conservation departments, but no charges have been filed.

But her fight is not over.

There are people all over the world who are outraged," she said.

The Stone family is feeling their wrath.

"You should see some of the emails and hear some of the calls we have received," Jamisons father said. "They are explicit. They tell how they are going to kill my son, like cutting his head off.

"It has had us scared to death ... All I did was to take my son on a legal hunting trip."

The prize pig, shot by Jamison Stone on an Alabama hunting preserve in May 2007, was 1,051 pounds and measured 9 feet, 4 inches from the tip of its snout to the base of its tail.

If the claims are accurate, Jamison's trophy boar would be bigger than the original Hogzilla, the legendary 800-pound, 8-foot-long wild hog killed in south Georgia in 2004.

All I would say is that they better come well armed.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Re: Alabama Boy Gets Death Threats for Hunting 1,000-Pound Monster Pig
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 06:47:50 AM »
Wow, a whole 800 signatures on a worldwide petition. The outrage!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

alex_trebek

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 06:53:57 AM »
Rhonda Roland Shearer, a New York City organizer

Looks like bloomberg isn't the only one trying to enforce NYC laws in other states...

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 07:09:14 AM »
Good luck to you.

You want to threaten a KID who hunted down a 1000 pound animal with a pistol?

Seems like the kid is a good shot under pressure.  If I was out for your typical 50 pound javelina and saw one running around that could theoretically eat ME, I'd go find another place to hunt javelina.  Seriously.  If he can face down a 1000 pound land shark eating machine, I don't think he's too worried about a bunch of elitist urbanite snobs with pretentious overblown claims to violent tendencies.

And if they come... he's got his 500 magnum to deal with them.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 07:11:07 AM »
He might be getting death threads, but man, think of the rack of ribs...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 07:23:59 AM »
What are a bunch of urban bunny-huggers going to do?  Hit the kid with their Mao bags?

Yeah, always a good idea to threaten a Southern family that is armed to the teeth. rolleyes
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
I'm wondering where the information that the pig was shot 12 times and took 3 hours to die came from, and the accuracy of the information.

Because I'd be looking to sue Rhonda Roland Shearer for slander. 

edit:  Found one source that mentions that the boy pursued it for three hours to finish it off.

That's not torture, that's an unfortunate part of hunting.  Once you wound the animal, if at all possible you're to track it down and finish it off.
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8PBKB5G0&show_article=1&image=large

Still has inconsistances - it mentions 8 shots, before the coup de grace of the 9th shot.  Not 12.  Hmmm...

As for the eight shots - well, in a proper hunt once you've shot your target once, I figure most here would keep shooting it as long as it's still up and the opportunity to make a safe shot exists. 

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2008, 08:25:43 AM »
What are a bunch of urban bunny-huggers going to do?  Hit the kid with their Mao bags?

Yeah, always a good idea to threaten a Southern family that is armed to the teeth. rolleyes

William Ayers is a leftist. Leftists can be surprisingly violent, but they usually choose cowardly methods like sabotage of vehicles, bombs, etc.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2008, 08:37:56 AM »
The ends justify the means with many of those people.  Hard to say how low they will go. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2008, 10:10:53 AM »
i would send everyone who signed some barbacue.  grin

taunting hippie dippies is fun!!!!!  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2008, 10:46:49 AM »
She is the widow of Stephen Jay Gould, and almost certainly has patchoulie-stink about her. 

But:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_Pig
Barbara Mikkelson over at snopes has doubts as well.
(go to snopes.com and look up hogzilla)

Not condoning the death threats to an 11 year old boy, and I've killed my share of feral hogs, but the hunt itself seems to have been a canned hunt. 

The parents were foolish to have called attention to it, and it does the hunting community at large no favors, either.
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2008, 10:52:15 AM »
hold on, why is the boy being charged instead of the hunting preserve?

unfortunatly there is so much hype and warring agendas that i can't make heads or tails of this stuff.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

FTA84

• friend
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2008, 10:57:15 AM »
What is wrong with people.  Killing a human over the death of a pig?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2008, 11:17:47 AM »
"You should see some of the emails and hear some of the calls we have received," Jamisons father said. "They are explicit. They tell how they are going to kill my son, like cutting his head off.  "It has had us scared to death ... All I did was to take my son on a legal hunting trip."
If this is true, I would have turned those threats over to the police.  Regardless of any cruelty claims, death threats are illegal. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2008, 11:18:40 AM »
hold on, why is the boy being charged instead of the hunting preserve?
I don't think he is being charged.  I thought that was someone's excuse for not bringing charges. 

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2008, 11:19:04 AM »
As a Monster Pig, I find this whole incident revolting.   sad
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2008, 11:37:47 AM »
You should sign the petition.
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2008, 11:43:16 AM »
So wait.

The kid goes after a wounded animal which is something like fifteen times his own size, pursues it for three hours, and kills it?

And the tofu-eating idiots are going to do him in... how?

Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2008, 12:05:00 PM »
You should sign the petition.

You mock my lack of opposable thumbs. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2008, 12:14:06 PM »
So wait.

The kid goes after a wounded animal which is something like fifteen times his own size, pursues it for three hours, and kills it?

And the tofu-eating idiots are going to do him in... how?

As I said, they like things like pipe bombs. They're scared of confrontation. They blew up the windows of a Times Square recruiting station a while ago.

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2008, 12:30:07 PM »
"KILLING IS WRONG! I'M GOING TO SHOW YOU THAT...
...BY KILLING YOU!"

Moonbat logic at it's finest.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2008, 12:33:34 PM »
I'm seeing the plot for a Hollywood film, here.

An 11-year-old with a giant revolver vs. a pack of feral hippies.

The promotional artwork would feature an adorable blond kid with a .45-70 revo, standing tall as multiple Priuses burn behind him.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2008, 01:03:26 PM »
I'm seeing the plot for a Hollywood film, here.

An 11-year-old with a giant revolver vs. a pack of feral hippies.

The promotional artwork would feature an adorable blond kid with a .45-70 revo, standing tall as multiple Priuses burn behind him.

I'd see that movies ten times in a row......  grin

Can we start a petition to have Rhonda Roland Shearer, a New York City organizer, locked in a room full of monster feral hogs for a week?  Bet she'd be glad to have an 11-year-old with a .500S&WMag come in and save her hippie butt then.....  angry
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2008, 01:28:00 PM »
"KILLING IS WRONG! I'M GOING TO SHOW YOU THAT...
...BY KILLING YOU!"

Moonbat logic at it's finest.

Yep, brought to you by the moonbats from both the right and the left.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2008, 01:38:06 PM »
Killing is not wrong. Murder is wrong.

Killing someone because they're coming to kill you is perfectly morally okay, and in fact is the sacred duty of the believer in some major religions (Judaism comes to mind).

Killing someone because they're coming to enslave you is perfectly morally okay.

Killing someone because they're engaging in murder or enslavement of others is also perfectly morally okay.

The problem with these idiots is that they equate the life of a pig with that of a human. Which devalues human life to the point where they' think it's okay to kill someone because he killed a pig.