Author Topic: Report: Ultra-Rich Man Flies Lamborghini to U.K. From Qatar for Service  (Read 5109 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,395275,00.html

A bunch of greenines just had heart attacks.

A rich Arab has caused uproar after reportedly putting his Lamborghini on a 6,500-mile round trip to Britain  for an oil change.

The $376,000 supercar was put on a flight from Qatar to Heathrow Friday before being flown back after the service, the U.K.'s Sun newspaper reported Thursday.

The transport of the Murciélago LP640  driven by Batman in "The Dark Knight"  would have cost the owner  believed to be a Sheikh  about $40,000, the paper reported.

The move sparked fury from employees at Heathrow.

This car doesnt have a carbon footprint  more of a crater, one airport worker told the paper.

The overall cost of sending the black-and-gold supercar to London for the oil change would have cost more than $45,000, The Sun reported.

On Monday, the vehicle was flown back to Qatar.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Manedwolf

• friend
But the car doesn't weigh as much as ALGORE, who flies around with his powerpoints all the time...

mtnbkr

• friend
What sort of oil change would a car like this require?  Does it require a 14.2225mm socket that only authorized Lambo technicians can acquire?

Chris

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
How many airport workers had to be interviewed before one looney concerned person was found who gave a shi cared enough to mention the carbon footprint?

Maybe his warranty would be void if the car was serviced outside the factory/dealer network.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

wmenorr67

• friend
What would it have cost him to fly a tech to Qatar?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

mtnbkr

• friend
Maybe his warranty would be void if the car was serviced outside the factory/dealer network.

Dunno what the rules are like over there, but that is against the law here.  You can have your car serviced by anyone as long as you're meeting the scheduled maintenance cycle and your warranty is not voided.

But, it could be one of those things where having the right tools for the job means it isn't possible any other way.  I dunno...

Chris

Manedwolf

• friend
What sort of oil change would a car like this require?  Does it require a 14.2225mm socket that only authorized Lambo technicians can acquire?

Chris

I doubt the guy cares. The UAE has a seven-star hotel with rooms from $1000 to $28,000 a night, and some of the sheiks in Qatar and Saudi Arabia could literally use a car once and throw it away. $40K might be a typical evening of dinner for some friends. Money is an endless flow, a meaningless number.

A number of people there are VERY rich.

mtnbkr

• friend

Chris

I doubt the guy cares. The UAE has a seven-star hotel with rooms from $1000 to $28,000 a night, and some of the sheiks in Qatar and Saudi Arabia could literally use a car once and throw it away. $40K might be a typical evening of dinner for some friends. Money is an endless flow, a meaningless number.

I'm well aware of that, but I would expect there to be Lambo mechanics nearby considering the money that the region has.  Regardless of the wealth, it makes no sense to ship a car to another country for an oil change. 

Chris

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
Maybe he was going to the UK on holiday and wanted to drive his own car?

From my dealings with Purdue students from UAE, Mane is spot on.  Money for some there has no meaning.  Imagine living as though your thoughts become reality.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

wmenorr67

• friend
Maybe he was going to the UK on holiday and wanted to drive his own car?

From my dealings with Purdue students from UAE, Mane is spot on.  Money for some there has no meaning.  Imagine living as though your thoughts become reality.

The $376,000 supercar was put on a flight from Qatar to Heathrow Friday before being flown back after the service, the U.K.'s Sun newspaper reported Thursday.

On Monday, the vehicle was flown back to Qatar.

Nope, just sent it for the oil change.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Imagine living as though your thoughts become reality.

I'm willing to be the official APS guinea pig, even though I understand that I might suffer psychological, emotional and/or physical harm of an undetermined nature during or following participation in said study.

And the rst of you bozos who did not think about volunteering - back off!  This is my gig.

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

HankB

• friend
. . . The move sparked fury from employees at Heathrow.

This car doesnt have a carbon footprint  more of a crater, one airport worker told the paper.
Well, they found one airport worker to quote, so perhaps it " . . . sparked fury from an employee at Heathrow."

Aren't Lamborghinis made in Italy?

Wouldn't it have made more sense (if that's the word) to send it back to the factory if you were flying it out for an oil change?

Or have the factory send out a tech to do the oil change on-site?

. . . $40K might be a typical evening of dinner for some friends. Money is an endless flow, a meaningless number.

And they have been for a long time.

My Dad worked for an engineering consulting firm back in the late '50s and early '60s, and had a colleague who spent a couple of months working in the Middle East for Aramco or something. When he left, one of the sheikhs he worked for gave him a parting gift as he was getting on the airplane - he thanked him, and didn't think anything of it. When he got home, he found it was a fancy pocket watch.

Just for the heck of it, he took it to a jeweler to have it appraised.

It WAS gold, and the gems it was decorated with were REAL . . . appraised price was $17,000, which was enough to buy a house back then.  shocked

Dad observed that if he told anyone else and the word got out, he'd be dinged for taxes and import duties, and maybe a penalty for failing to declare it.  police
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
Why fly it to the UK?  Why not Italy?

yesitsloaded

• friends
Maybe he has a favorite shop. We have average people drive 50 miles to go to the shop where I work, so if you have that much money, why not?
I can haz nukular banstiks ? Say no to furries, yes to people.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Why fly it to the UK?  Why not Italy?

Because the line at the London Jiffy-Lube was shorter ??
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
Imagine living as though your thoughts become reality.

Whoa unto the galaxy should such come to pass...

It IS rather amusing listening to the local granola eco-freaks around Boulder get their undies in knot about this.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Antibubba

• friend

No, he's rightly afraid of what would happen if he took it to the knuckleheads at the local Jihadi Lube.  A stripped oil pan would be a $20,000 repair right there.  Trust me, Arabs under the hood=bad idea.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

MrRezister

• I resist. It's what I do.
  • friend
  • Shank, shank, shank mommy's ankles!
Re: Report: Ultra-Rich Man Flies Lamborghini to U.K. From Qatar for Service
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2008, 11:13:38 PM »
Maybe he has a favorite shop. We have average people drive 50 miles to go to the shop where I work, so if you have that much money, why not?

This.

A lot of people asking "why" as though it matters.  The man owns the car.  The man can afford to send that car on a short vacation to another country.  This does not affect me in any way aside from making me jealous.
He never brought you an unbalanced budget, which is a perennial joke. He never voted himself a wage increase and, to this day, gives back part of his salary every year. He has always voted to preserve the Constitution, cut government spending, lower healthcare costs, end the war on drugs, secure our borders with immigration reform and protect our civil liberties.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2008, 03:09:49 AM »

This.

A lot of people asking "why" as though it matters.  The man owns the car.  The man can afford to send that car on a short vacation to another country.  This does not affect me in any way aside from making me jealous.

So?  It's interesting.  We're discussing it.  It's no different than discussing the weather.  If you' don't care, why did you bother to post at all?

Chris

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2008, 01:29:48 PM »
What would it have cost him to fly a tech to Qatar?
Do you think you could find a lamborghini tech that would want to go to qatar?
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Rovi

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2008, 02:58:41 PM »
A quick bit of Google-fu turns up this-
Qatar
Lamborghini Doha
Suhaim bin Harnad Street
Phone : +974 444 5112/3 / Fax : +974 74 437 2135

Given the mention in most of the articles on this of the new Batman movie, and the worldwide promotional campaign currently in full swing for said movie, I'm wondering if this is all some sort of marketing gimmick to raise the media profile of both the movie and the car.