Author Topic: Want to destroy someone? Send them a box of pot, police will shoot their dogs  (Read 35926 times)

The Annoyed Man

My original thought was venomous snakes or pointy sticks in the bottom, but that will get you labeled a cop basher  rolleyes

Even if you're only picking on fake cops, like F Troop.   police

Bah, to heck with snakes and sharp sticks.  Put in a moat that is populated with mutant sharks that have freakin laser beams attached to their heads.  laugh
Sigh, lasers are SO outdated, like 20th century. Phased plasma rifles in the 40 watt range is the next big thing. Or do you want to be a luddite loser? laugh

Yes, but sharks lack opposable digits in order to operate the trigger mechanism. 
So what? It's the APPEARANCE man! Function comes after. The other Evil Overlords will laugh at you if you stick to lasers, and they won't invite you to their parties.

The Annoyed Man

Yes, but sharks lack opposable digits in order to operate the trigger mechanism. 

I've got it.

MONKEYS! WITH PLASMA RIFLES!

You sure about giving out highpowered directed energy weapons to a species known for flinging their own poo?

Dude, I really wanted to go that route, but they banned the damned things along with incandescent lightbulbs, and pre-ban plasma rifles are stupid pricey.
So what? As an Evil Overlord, you just use your time machine (powered by mashed spotted owls of course) to go back in time to get all the rifles you need! Moahahahahaha*coughcough*hahahahah*coughcoughcough*hahahaha!

Phyphor

• friend
Perfect, means you can pour boiling oil over any intruders!

That's the idea Wink  Though at $140/barrel you better get some used french fry oil instead.

I like the narrow stairs with no railing leading up to the front door.  It would be pretty hard to bust down the door without taking a step too far back and about 20 feet straight down  grin

Dang building codes probably wouldn't allow it most places, though  angry

It's a pity you couldn't get the steps hinged, and pinned...set up so if you hit a button, the steps collapse into a steep, slick ramp....
  grin
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Phyphor

• friend
Should she also add an ACOG?  Or maybe some blood grooves? 

Probably so, that and the thing that flips up.

Probably something in carbon-fiber too.
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

freakazoid

• friend
It's a pity you couldn't get the steps hinged, and pinned...set up so if you hit a button, the steps collapse into a steep, slick ramp....

lol, like that Halloween episode of the Simpsons, Cheesy "I know I shouldn't, but I just can't resist." Bart
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Phyphor

• friend
Or better yet....building a castle ON TOP of an underground silo.

Another thing I've dreamed of is an unassuming little house with about four levels of basement underneath - sort of like an iceberg Wink

Like the huge pot cave house? That was an awesome thing, really. The cave is two miles long.
Yep, but it's way too small for my plans. I can't raise my half-demon cyborg clone army in such a small cave. Needs to be even bigger.
Seriously though, that place must've been really neat. Didn't that house burn down later?

House did. Cave was sold to a cheese producer for cave-aged cheese. For $285,000.
Hm. Where can I find a suitable cave to start my empire in?

Isn't Sweden pretty much just mountains and such?

Phyphor

• friend
y'all are staying in that hole whilst I call the media and the Sheriff's dept

You're too nice.  I would just shut the trap door to block out the noise.

What, no sewer shunt to the pit?  Amateurs.

grin

Bigjake

• friend

I've got it.

MONKEYS! WITH PLASMA RIFLES!

You sure about giving out highpowered directed energy weapons to a species known for flinging their own poo?

Dude, I really wanted to go that route, but they banned the damned things along with incandescent lightbulbs, and pre-ban plasma rifles are stupid pricey.
So what? As an Evil Overlord, you just use your time machine (powered by mashed spotted owls of course) to go back in time to get all the rifles you need! Moahahahahaha*coughcough*hahahahah*coughcoughcough*hahahaha!

I like the way you think.  

When I'm an evil overlord and arch nemisis of several pesky, alphabet soup .gov agencies, not only will my time machine be powered by mushed spotted owl, any other tasty endangered species will be served as horsey dooveres, breaded and deep fried.

Only the best for the ATF, and if you want to get really technical, it's an appropriate comparison.

yesitsloaded

• friends
You really are evil. Trans fat is so bad it is banned in California. Not just fried but deep fried. Wow.
I can haz nukular banstiks ? Say no to furries, yes to people.

Bigjake

• friend
For that, my secret LAIR, will be in Kalifornistan...

Anybody up for poached condor??

The Annoyed Man

Or better yet....building a castle ON TOP of an underground silo.

Another thing I've dreamed of is an unassuming little house with about four levels of basement underneath - sort of like an iceberg Wink

Like the huge pot cave house? That was an awesome thing, really. The cave is two miles long.
Yep, but it's way too small for my plans. I can't raise my half-demon cyborg clone army in such a small cave. Needs to be even bigger.
Seriously though, that place must've been really neat. Didn't that house burn down later?

House did. Cave was sold to a cheese producer for cave-aged cheese. For $285,000.
Hm. Where can I find a suitable cave to start my empire in?

Isn't Sweden pretty much just mountains and such?

Not nearly enough. We do have a lot of un-used army bases dug into the rockface over here. They're selling some of those now.

doczinn

• friend
Anyone who knows me knows that I am so adamantly opposed to them.

Seems like if this happened to more Drug Warriors, they might get the hint....
D. R. ZINN

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
I've never understood the idea of a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.  Forty watts is hardly enough to warm the skin.  Four hundred watts at a minimum.  No wonder they had so much trouble with the Terminators.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

grislyatoms

• friends
I've never understood the idea of a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.

I always thought it was 40 Megawatt? One of those would warm some stuff up... grin

Ooops, I guess not:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[At a gun store]
The Terminator: The .45 Long Slide, with laser sighting.
Pawn Shop Clerk: These are brand new; we just got them in. That's a good gun. Just touch the trigger, the beam comes on and you put the red dot where you want the bullet to go. You can't miss. Anything else?
The Terminator: Phased-plasma rifle in the forty watt range.
Pawn Shop Clerk: Hey, just what you see, pal.

from IMDB

"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

griz

• friend
Back to the topic:

What crime was the Mayor charged with?  Taking a USPS package into his own house?  No matter what was in it, why would it be a crime?
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

MechAg94

• friend
I've never understood the idea of a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.  Forty watts is hardly enough to warm the skin.  Four hundred watts at a minimum.  No wonder they had so much trouble with the Terminators.
I always thought it was "yard", not watt.

BUT, now that I hear it again, it does sound like watt. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H47QlGq3zQ4
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Dannyboy

• friend
Back to the topic:

What crime was the Mayor charged with?  Taking a USPS package into his own house?  No matter what was in it, why would it be a crime?
I would imagine it's because he is assumed to know what's in the package.  However, the police aren't so sure now.  Of course, none of this will help change things...unfortunately.  Cops will still keep kicking in doors and people and dogs will still be shot indiscriminately.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/03/AR2008080301636.html
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

griz

• friend
I would imagine it's because he is assumed to know what's in the package.

That may not be a bad assumption, but I don't see how it would stand up in court.  Seems they would wait until somebody opened the package.  If he calls 911 and reports it, they're only out the cost of the stakeout and planning.  If people start showing up with cash and walking away with small bags, then maybe knock down the door.

He will win the inevitable lawsuit.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
That may not be a bad assumption, but I don't see how it would stand up in court.  Seems they would wait until somebody opened the package.  If he calls 911 and reports it, they're only out the cost of the stakeout and planning.  If people start showing up with cash and walking away with small bags, then maybe knock down the door.

That's kind of why I like how I've seen AFOSI operate.  They absolutely love giving people plenty of rope to hang themselves.

They'd have waited and showed up in court with not only the shipment, but a client list of purchasers.

Dannyboy

• friend
I would imagine it's because he is assumed to know what's in the package.

There's just one problem with this line of thinking.  It's logical and uses common sense.  You're forgetting that we're dealing with agencies that have to justify their existence and what better way to do that than bust down doors and make drug arrests.  They don't really care too much about the resulting lawsuits because they don't have to worry about forking over any money.  The individual officers are mostly immune to lawsuits so, they don't have anything to worry about.  It's a no-win situation for the public at large.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

MechAg94

• friend
This is also the department that had a bunch of unmarked vehicles suspiciously parked in the neighborhood.  Would they have done that for a basic stakeout?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
If y'all start adding traps to your homes all that means is that the cops are going to go down to the local inn and hire themselves a dwarf or  elf for their 50% chance to spot said traps.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

The Annoyed Man

Warren for the win!

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
Thank you, I'm both proud and humbled.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Dannyboy

• friend
And it just keeps getting better (or worse).  It seems Prince George's County's finest executed a no-knock raid without bothering to get a no-knock warrant.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/05/AR2008080502664.html