Author Topic: Someone breaks into Mallninja's house?  (Read 1346 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
Someone breaks into Mallninja's house?
« on: August 10, 2008, 12:56:43 PM »
The reporting, it burns, so bad...

Assault Rifle, Samurai Sword Stolen In Merrimack
Police Say Stolen Sword Is 600 Years Old

POSTED: 5:16 pm EDT August 9, 2008

MERRIMACK, N.H. -- Someone stole an automatic assault rifle and an ancient sword in Merrimack, police said.

On Friday morning, the assailant broke into the home of a collector who had a number of weapons, including some antiques, police said.

"There was an assault rifle taken. It was an AK-47 assault rifle with a 30-round magazine attached to it, and a very expensive Samurai sword that is supposedly 600 years old," Merrimack police Sgt. John Mailley said.

Police said the rifle was not loaded and that investigators do not believe any ammunition was taken.

Bet you it was a WASR-10 and a sword from a flea market.

WHY IS IT ALWAYS AN AUTOMATIC AK-47 WHEN IT'S JUST A STUPID WASR OR SOMETHING...Scary rifle, oooooo!

Blah.

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Someone breaks into Mallninja's house?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 02:00:53 PM »
So, like -- is there such a thing as a "manual assault rifle"? Usually, one uses an adjective such as "automatic" to differentiate between possible options -- like the transmission in a car, for example. So, since the press seems bent on pointing out every time a news item involves an automatic assault rifle, I want to be equally informed whenever they encounter a story involving a manual assault rifle.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 09:04:36 PM »
An honest to God 600 year old Katana is some serious hardware to lose.

Heck, I just want one made by one of today's japanese swordsmiths, and that will set me back anywhere from $3000 to $10,000 depending on what I want.  It's been on my "someday" list for about 15 years.

I feel bad for this guy... who gives a crap about the AK-clone.  Some jackass is probably out hacking at 2x4's right now with a beautiful piece of history, something that legally cannot be exported from Japan without government permission for each historical blade.

Granted, we don't know what samurai it might have belonged to in the past (or dozens of samurai as it was passed down through history), but imagine if George Washington's cavalry sword was stolen from its current location.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 01:14:08 AM »
If the sword was a WWII bringback from Japan & had the Imperial flower still imprinted, it could be near priceless.....

...hope they find it before it DOES end up with some mallninja....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 04:01:53 AM »
No, no, what I meant with is that every time I've gone to the flea market, EVERY made-in-Pakistan katana is "at least 600 years old"...and people who are also buying throwing stars do buy them, awed. Wink The term "supposedly" is what rings the alarm bell. Every sword collector I know of with a real one has gone and gotten provenance on it, and keeps it securely. smiley

And there is, shall we say, a certain demographic that has WASRs, flea market katanas, throwing stars and the like and does not secure any of them. The Cheaper than Dirt catalog seems to have evolved to solely suit that demographic, if you've looked at it lately. grin

As for the "AK-47", that's just the typical atrocious reporting that the nooz does over and over and over and over and over... That's the bit that annoyed me.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 05:57:41 AM »
It would be ironic if it was a serious collector with a legit NFA Vietnam bring back AK and relic sword.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 06:02:05 AM »
It would be ironic if it was a serious collector with a legit NFA Vietnam bring back AK and relic sword.

Possible, but since the nooz seems to have let it vanish, (paper didn't even pick it up) highly unlikely, I'd think. They were all over when someone did a heist and stole a rare manuscript from someone's collection.