Author Topic: New indoor shooting range opens in Bothell, Washington  (Read 3710 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
New indoor shooting range opens in Bothell, Washington
« on: August 16, 2008, 11:50:13 AM »
Last night, a few of us were discussing this new range: http://www.shootingsportsnorthwest.com/?q=node/1.  We thought that it would be opening by the end of this month.  I rode my bike down there this morning to check it out and discovered that the range has been open for about two weeks.  It is in the North Creek Business Park which is located just north of the intersection of 180th and the Bothell-Everett Highway.  The Business Park is on the east side of the highway. 

It is a very nice facility with 15 lanes including several rifle lanes and several with reactive targets.  The maximum lane length is 25 yards.  It will be a membership only range with annual fees ranging from $ 50 to $ 250 plus a range fee at each visit.  The range fee varies from $ 15 for a single visit to $ 10 per visit if you purchase a $ 250 punch card.  Each range fee gets you a token that you load into a lane mechanism.  This powers up the lighting and target runner for that lane for an hour.  The low-end annual membership gets you pistol only, while you have to buy the $ 250 membership in order to use rifles up to .308.  You cannot draw from a holster or do rapid fire until you pass their onsite Tactical Certification, which is an additional fee.

There are dozens of pistols and rifles to rent but you can also bring your own firearms.  The reactive target lanes require frangible ammunition which must be purchased onsite.  They have an onsite VIP lounge accessible only with the Premier level of membership. 

My take on the whole issue:  a very fine quality facility, but boy do you pay for it.  Going once a month with the basic membership will run you $ 205 per year inclusive of range fees or $ 17.08 per visit.  Going once a month with the premier membership will run you $ 390 per year inclusive of range fees or $ 32.50 per visit.  Bear in mind that each visit gets you an hour of range time.  If you need more time you pay another range fee.  They do not offer free or low-cost tryouts.  If you are from out of state and wish to try the facility, you can buy a two-day pass for $ 100 plus range fees.

I have not decided if I will become a member.  It is only five miles from my house, but Sams Gun Shop and Range is eight miles from my house, offers similar shooting facilities (but without reactive targets) and is cheaper to shoot there.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: New indoor shooting range opens in Bothell, Washington
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 12:37:23 PM »
Wow  sad

My range is free and is only 100 yards from my back door.

Can you drive up into the national forest and shoot?
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 12:47:20 PM »
Outdoor shooting on State or Federal lands in the greater Puget Sound area is almost non-existent, if you obey the law. 

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 01:54:13 PM »
Wow, it's open already? I was talking to sumpnz about getting an Aps shoot going there. If it's members only and so expensive tho...... Sad

That is really unsat. Where's that Sam's range at MillCreek?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 03:44:11 PM »
Sam's gun shop (http://www.beegc.org/samsgsr/samsgsr.html) is just north of the intersection of Highway 99 and Airport Road.  It is on Airport Road just south of Paine Field. 

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008, 06:52:45 PM »
Sams does sound like a better deal, even if rifles (most likely) aren't allowed.
Formerly sumpnz

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2008, 07:33:58 PM »
Actually, Sams does allow rifles and shotguns in Bay 1 (the lanes to the left of the entrance).  I can't remember the caliber restrictions, but I have used my ARs and Ithaca 37s there with no problem.