Author Topic: Forclosures on deployed Military members...  (Read 4764 times)

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
Re: Forclosures on deployed Military members...
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2008, 09:56:15 PM »
Sounds more and more like the guy had all the opportunities in the world to keep his house, but for whatever reason he and his wife chose not to use any of them.

If he isn't willing to lift a finger to help himself, then why should I feel sorry for him?

As I said before, I hope he takes his military obligations more seriously than he took his other obligations.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2008, 04:48:49 AM »
If he was single and was somehow not notified (military mail being what it is) then he'd have a case. If his wife is retarded or otherwise incompetent to represent them, and he wasn't notified, he'd have a case.

But the facts are very different. Deployed servicemen should (and do!) enjoy a lot of protections. Those protections are not relevant to this case.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2008, 11:55:30 AM »
If he was single and was somehow not notified (military mail being what it is) then he'd have a case. If his wife is retarded or otherwise incompetent to represent them, and he wasn't notified, he'd have a case.

Kinda like me and my phone bill?  I came back to a big stack of mail that hadn't been forwarded.  My 'forward the bill to my credit card, which I can pay online' fell through.  I didn't notice.

But the facts are very different. Deployed servicemen should (and do!) enjoy a lot of protections. Those protections are not relevant to this case.

That's my thought. 

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2008, 07:23:27 PM »
Foreclosure takes months, sometimes years, so there was ample opportunity for him to learn about it and react. 

perhapos with some reputable lenders thats the case. i've seen it be otherwise. seen a company start proceedings when they went 2 months down. some folks arenot wise enough to know what to do and then do nothing for a while. had a guy get a 15 days notice that gave him 4 buiness days when it got to him. there are folks out there in the money game who are from the mud below the bottom of the barrel, especially if you get stuck by one of the "we can help" finance folks. we had a beaut in dc took many folks  foreclosed on a church  was prosecuted  went into a coma after falling from his horse just before trial and the folks are still in limbo waiting for him to die last i checked
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I