Author Topic: Roll Call!  (Read 15768 times)

Jason

Roll Call!
« on: March 10, 2005, 06:51:29 AM »
Sound off!
Seriously, where is everyone?  I'm in the Salt Lake valley....West Jordan, Utah.

Of course, the next question, anyone nearby me interested in camping, fishing, shooting, hiking or mountain biking?  My days off are tues/wed.

mtnbkr

• friend
Roll Call!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 06:59:45 AM »
Northern Virgina.  My days off are whenever I choose them.  I have a flexible schedule.  Cheesy

interested in camping, fishing, shooting, hiking or mountain biking?

Yes.  You left out hunting, btw.  Tongue

anyone nearby me

Unfortunately, no.

Chris

Unisaw

• friend
Roll Call!
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2005, 07:08:03 AM »
Redmond, WA.  I enjoy backpacking and woodworking in addition to shooting and reloading.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

theCZ

• friend
    • http://www.hunewill.com
Roll Call!
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 07:41:05 AM »
Missoula Montana, but only until I graduate from UM in May.

Then:  Europe for a month as my graduation present to myself Cheesy

Then: Bridgeport, California on my family's dude ranch until November or December, or until the snow hits, then;

Smith Valley, NV at the winter ranch.

Ukraine Train

• friend
    • http://ukrainetrain21.tripod.com
Roll Call!
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2005, 07:49:17 AM »
Sound off!
Seriously, where is everyone?  I'm in the Salt Lake valley....West Jordan, Utah.

Of course, the next question, anyone nearby me interested in camping, fishing, shooting, hiking or mountain biking?  My days off are tues/wed.

How do you like living where you are? I'm trying to find an area to move to after I graduate in the southwest possibly.  How cold are the winters? I'd like to go somewhere that doesn't get below freezing in the winter.

Right now I'm living in Bowling Green, OH because I co-op nearby for school. Home is in Cleveland and I go to school at Kettering University in Flint, MI.

Wedge

• friend
Roll Call!
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2005, 08:08:35 AM »
[Led Zeppelin]...come from the land of the ice and snow...[/Led Zeppelin]

Rochester, NY

Chut1st

• http://www.geocities.com/chut1st/night_vision
Roll Call!
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2005, 08:26:03 AM »
Chester County, West Tennessee
"There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action."  Goethe

Jason

Roll Call!
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2005, 08:58:49 AM »

How do you like living where you are? I'm trying to find an area to move to after I graduate in the southwest possibly.  How cold are the winters? I'd like to go somewhere that doesn't get below freezing in the winter.

Right now I'm living in Bowling Green, OH because I co-op nearby for school. Home is in Cleveland and I go to school at Kettering University in Flint, MI.

Utah, especially the valley, has four true seasons.  This means real snow in the winter, and winter averages in Dec-Feb of about 35 high 25 low.  Its not nearly as miserable as a midwest winter, though.  As a bonus, one can take up true winter sports to get one through.  
I really like Utah.  Its got a weird religious influence on the local culture, due to the Mormons, but its tolerable.  
Utah has a good CFP law, and is a Shall Issue with training state.  
Housing market is going up, but one can still find really nice single family homes for under $200,, but you don't get much for less than $140,000.  
Buttloads of recreation nearby, including world-class hunting and fly-fishing, mountain biking, and skiing, all within 1+ hours.  
Why, just this week I was up at the Green River, near flaming gorge.  Its a 3ish hour drive, and the Green is a world reknown fly-fishing river, both for its fishing (quality and quantity), and the sheer beauty of it.
Salt Lake has all the trappings of modern metropolitan life, including theatre, symphony, decent nightlife, sports (Utah Jazz pro b-ball, AAA baseball and hockey, getting a pro soccer team and a pro arena football team both within the next year or two).  
Lots of Kalifornia escapees, but the overall makeup of the state is very conservative.  Major airport services most other major airports in the country.  
I could go on...you should come out and visit sometime.

jamz

• friend
  • bleem
Roll Call!
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2005, 09:09:51 AM »
Sudbury, Massachusetts!

However, we put our house on the market at 11 AM today.  It's 2 PM, and we already have an offer pending.  :shock:

So we don't have any other place picked out, so we'll probably be one of those homeless families they talk about for a while.  Then movin up to Maine when we find a good enough place.

Love, James
Everybody loves Magical Trevor

Control Group

• http://control-group.livejournal.com
Roll Call!
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2005, 09:23:58 AM »
Born, raised, and living in Milwaukee, Wisconsin - though I'll be moving to the People's Democratic Republic Of Madison this summer.

And commuting to Milwaukee every day...at least until I find a job in Madison.

Anyone hiring systems analysts?

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Roll Call!
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2005, 09:25:16 AM »
Maryville, TN.  Close to Knoxville.  Foothills of the Smokies.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

cfabe

• friend
Roll Call!
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2005, 10:15:17 AM »
Northeast ohio here, Cleveland's east suburbs.

Ukraine Train

• friend
    • http://ukrainetrain21.tripod.com
Roll Call!
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2005, 10:24:55 AM »
Sudbury, Massachusetts!

However, we put our house on the market at 11 AM today.  It's 2 PM, and we already have an offer pending.  :shock:

Lucky you, my parents put their place up for sale today and the realtor said it'll be on the market two to three months lol.

Ktulu

• http://www.michiganshooter.com
Roll Call!
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2005, 10:43:44 AM »
Livonia, MI - 30mins NW of Detroit
Jeff

MichiganShooter.cOm

"Assiduus usus uni rei deditus et ingenium et artem saepe vincit" - Cicero

Stetson

• friends
Roll Call!
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2005, 10:52:17 AM »
Arvada, CO.  A suburb of Denver...for 5 days a week.  The weekends I spend at my FILs ranch helping him out with the critters and other ranch work

Roll Call!
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2005, 11:01:50 AM »
Central AR

Trying to figure out how to get out and go  to TX.
Even considering AZ and other areas.
All I want is a small rural setting, a job, and a Community College I can transfer to and finish up what started. Oh - Quail hunting would be really really nice.

I'm adoptable.  :mrgreen:

agirlindallas

Roll Call!
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2005, 11:03:57 AM »
Originally from Northeast Ohio, Moved OUT OF THE SNOW and cold weather to Dallas, Texas two years ago - LOVIN the city and WARM WEATHER!!!!! Tongue

Newt

• friend
Roll Call!
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2005, 11:37:32 AM »
Arkansas... Mid west part of the state.  I'll probably be here unti I die.  I have a decent job and lots of kin folk here.    :mrgreen:

P.S. - Steve, what's wrong with Arkansas?  Why you leaving?
Newt

wasrjoe

Roll Call!
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2005, 11:54:40 AM »
Avondale, Arizona - for now. Uncle Sam wil be moving me to Monterey, California for about a year - then I'll be visiting Texas for a bit, and after that I don't know...
Disenchanted with the Libertarian party and seeking practical ways to promote personal liberty.

Schuey2002

• friend
Roll Call!
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2005, 12:24:07 PM »
Along the Oregon Coast (approx. 100 miles or so north of the OR/Kali border)..  Wink

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
Roll Call!
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2005, 12:29:58 PM »
On the banks of the raging Wabash, Lafayette, Indiana, the home of:  Eli Lilly, Great Lakes Chemical, the Baja by SIA, Purdue Univesity, the Battle of Tippecanoe, Shannon Hoon, Axel Rose and El Tejon. Cheesy

Well, at least for now.  Some in party want me to stay and run for Prosecuting Attorney in '06; some, mostly women, want me to leave the planet.  Trying to set up knight's fork for spring of '06.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Wingshooter

Roll Call!
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2005, 01:49:16 PM »
I live in Fort Worth, Texas.  I moved here from West Texas when I was in High School and been here ever since.  The only city I've ever liked more was Salt Lake City, Utah.  I was up there for a conference in 2000 and loved the city.

I actually enjoy living in Fort Worth, it's a larger city without the big city mentality.  If I want that I can go over to Dallas.   I think working over there for 10 years was enough though.
Pedro offers you his protection...

Roll Call!
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2005, 02:16:04 PM »
Hillsdale, Michigan

Yes, these are my own teeth.
No, I'm not married to a blood relative.

Strange but true.

Chas

Roll Call!
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2005, 02:17:09 PM »
Born and raised in the Bay Area of Cali. Moved to Colorado Springs in '85 and ain't never going back. Just moved to Monument, CO a few months ago which is north of the springs...wish we'd moved west into the mountains though.

Hunting, fishing, hiking, camping and my Scout II are my current hobbies. OH! and woodworking is my newest interest...Hey Unisaw, I recongnize you from Woodnet.  Smiley
Chuck
Ignorance is curable, stupidity is forever...

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
Roll Call!
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2005, 03:08:39 PM »
Atc1man wrote:
Sound off!
Seriously, where is everyone? I'm in the Salt Lake valley....West Jordan, Utah.

Oregon. about an hour east of I-5. Last gas for 70 miles.

chas wrote:

Born and raised in the Bay Area of Cali.

Me, too. I left in December of 2004. Never going back.
Hi.