Author Topic: You are going to love this Biden ad....  (Read 2543 times)

agricola

• friend
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: You are going to love this Biden ad....
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 08:48:11 AM »
ouch!  now thats priceless
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 03:49:53 PM »
I just attended a company picnic with a guy who is on the board of Syracuse University.  He said that Biden went to law school there and was nearly kicked out for plagiarism.  From Wikipedia:

Then in September 1987, the campaign ran into serious trouble when he was accused of plagiarizing a speech by Neil Kinnock, then-leader of the British Labour Party.[26] Though Biden had correctly credited the original author in all speeches but one, the one where he failed to make mention of the originator was caught on video; the New York Times reported "Senator Biden began his remarks by saying the ideas had come to him spontaneously on the way to the debate."[26][27]

Within days, it was also discovered that as a first-year law student at Syracuse Law School, Biden had plagiarized a law review article in a class paper he wrote. Though the dean of the law school in 1988 as well as Biden's former professor played down the incident of plagiarism, they did find that Biden drew "chunks of heavy legal prose directly from" the article in question. Biden said the act was inadvertent due to his not knowing the proper rules of citation, and Biden was permitted to retake the course after receiving a grade of F, which was subsequently dropped from his record.

I guess Obama thinks that Biden's foreign policy experience outweighs all of this.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 08:17:59 PM »
I guess Obama thinks that Biden's foreign policy experience outweighs all of this.

That or Biden is just better at stealing it.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 11:01:22 PM »

That or Biden is just better at stealing it.

Fixed.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

iiibdsiil

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 08:52:18 AM »
I'll give him that citing sources properly can be a real pain in the butt. I just had one professor that stated if the source is not cited 100% properly (screwed up on a date, put it in the paper but not properly, etc) we would be hit with plagiarism. We spent more time in the MLA handbook making sure the sources were right than we did on actually writing the paper.

Not that it makes him any better, I'm just saying...

Edit:

I was nearly kicked out of high school for threatening violence with a firearm. The principal pulled it outta his butt to make an expulsion happen. I had statements both supporting me and against me, none of which had mention of a firearm. Even the "victim" in the situation will tell you to this day that I never mentioned a firearm. But, you know, I was almost kicked out of school for it. rolleyes