Author Topic: I modified my computer  (Read 1681 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
I modified my computer
« on: June 27, 2010, 08:57:26 PM »
I modified my computer today.  It was a very substantial modification.  Honestly, I cannot say that it runs any faster.  In fact, it is quite a bit slower if anything.  The operating system is not any flavor of Windows or Linux, but an operating system is probably superfluous.  There are no functioning USB ports.
It is totally unsuitable for surfing the web; emails are right out.  I cannot find an antivirus program that will run on the thing, but I doubt malware will be a problem.  Word processing?  Forget it.  It will no longer read or burn CDs or DVDs.  It won't play music or any other sound through the speakers.
Overall, I am quite happy with the mod.   =)

(eta: Actually, that isn't me, and it isn't my computer.  But it's really cool, just thought I'd share.)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 09:57:49 PM by RocketMan »
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Jim147

• friends
Re: I modified my computer
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 11:39:49 PM »
My post disappeared so I switched to whiskey.

jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 08:30:14 PM »
homebrew?
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 11:01:17 PM »
So it's liquid-cooled?

What's your throughput? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 11:08:46 PM »

Win!
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 12:19:28 AM »
So it's liquid-cooled?

What's your throughput? 

It's a little smelly, is what.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.