Author Topic: So I saw the polls today  (Read 14768 times)

freedom lover

• resident high school student
  • "Who is the Coon?"
In Fact
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2008, 11:44:47 AM »
All monarchs are evil and illegitimately rule. There, I said it.

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
Re: So I saw the polls today
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2008, 12:23:52 PM »
One other thing to consider is the fact that more and more people are forgoing landline phones in favor of all cel.  Many of my employees have only their mobiles, which aren't listed in directories.  Much of O's support is from this age group.  Historically, that demographic has low (very low) turnout, but I haven't seen that issue addressed anywhere.  Regardless, I'll be hoping for bad weather along the Eastern Seaboard 11/4.

Exit polls are different, but I'd hate to go to bed and find a "Dewey Defeats Truman" waiting for me.
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2008, 01:23:28 PM »
You can't mention Kucinich without mentioning his way-out-of-his-league wife.  I believe it is an internet political law.

And I am the only one so far to adhere to that iron- taffy-clad rule.

Matter of fact, I'll provide a photo:

Get that boy some lifts!

OK, one more:

Isn't there a law against women having sex with lower animals....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2008, 11:28:35 AM »
. . . Exit polls are different, but I'd hate to go to bed and find a "Dewey Defeats Truman" waiting for me.
Weren't the Dems crying a river in the last election because exit polls in states like Ohio were wrong?

Back around 1980 or so, the late syndicated columnist Mike Royko wrote a column about exit polls, in which he urged everyone to lie if they were asked who they voted for as they came out of the polling place.

Didn't make him popular with the pollsters.  grin
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2008, 11:48:11 AM »
Back around 1980 or so, the late syndicated columnist Mike Royko wrote a column about exit polls, in which he urged everyone to lie if they were asked who they voted for as they came out of the polling place.
That could conceivably be a very dangerous thing to do this time around.

If folks lie to the pollsters and lie by saying they voted for Obama.

Polls indicate he's a strong winner everywhere as a result.

Official results are he gets creamed.

Obamaniacs freak out, claim the fix is in. Insuing riots and other nastiness could be really, really bad.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2008, 12:07:07 PM »
Yes, Dennis the K has had the courage to be wrong, consistently, for two decades.  Wasn't he the hippie prodigy who drove Cleveland into bankruptcy?
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2008, 05:14:47 AM »

Obamaniacs freak out, claim the fix is in. Insuing riots and other nastiness could be really, really bad.
I usually vote straight ticket libertarian as a protest vote unless there is downballot contest I'm interested in.  I live in Texas, so I can do whatever I want.  It'll still be a red state.  This year I will be voting for McCain.  Strictly so that the popular vote count doesn't amount to another four years of listening to whinging about "stolen elections" and "popular majorities"...
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2008, 05:26:44 AM »

Something tells me that even if it isn't close, if Obama loses we are in for some rough times.  I may even wish I was back in Iraq.  Could be safer.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2008, 09:35:13 AM »
What does this all mean?  It means that Palin, while a great pick for McCain, will have little effect on the votes he gathers.  It will still be President Obama come January 20.

Ah, come on, you're being premature.  Last night's Fox Report indicate a tiny gain in favor of McCain.  Not much (1%) but the tren is in the right direction.
There's a significant number of people saying they'll vote for Obama who won't; they say it to be "politically correct."
The election is close, real close, and too close to call right now. 
But we should be optimistic.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2008, 09:52:08 AM »
Something tells me that even if it isn't close, if Obama loses we are in for some rough times.  I may even wish I was back in Iraq.  Could be safer.[/quote ]

As opposed to Obama WINNING? Cheesy
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner