Author Topic: Does McCain VP Pick Have Unions Worried?  (Read 1833 times)

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Does McCain VP Pick Have Unions Worried?
« on: August 30, 2008, 07:05:34 AM »
They sure waited till the last minute to announce this. I think they are a tad bit scared. When are these unions going to realize the Democrats are not actually helping them?

Grand Rapids union leaders cancel Labor Day parade

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. -- Union leaders in Grand Rapids have canceled their annual United Labor Day Parade and Picnic so resources can instead be focused on the upcoming presidential election.

Sue Levy, who is a community action programs coordinator with the United Auto Workers union, told The Grand Rapids Press that officials aren't sure whether they will bring back the downtown parade next year.

The UAW's international executive board in June endorsed Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama for president.

Obama plans to visit Detroit on Monday for a rally at the end of the city's Labor Day parade. Republican presidential candidate John McCain is expected in Michigan after the GOP convention in Minnesota.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Teknoid

Re: Does McCain VP Pick Have Unions Worried?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 07:17:32 AM »
Maybe they're worried. Her husband, Todd Palin, is a union member belonging to the United Steel, Paper and Forestry, Rubber, Manufacturing, Energy, Allied Industrial and Service Workers International Union (United Steelworkers). I doubt the Dem ticket has any union connections at all. It might be said that Obama does, since he shares many of the views held by the former Soviet union though. I don't think the Liars Club has a union, so Biden certainly doesn't. Wait, is there a plagiarists union?... Maybe he belongs to that...

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 01:41:57 PM »
I thought I heard Biden had some family union connections, but I don't remember. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Stevie-Ray

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 02:59:12 PM »
The UAW's international executive board in June endorsed Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama for president.
Was there really any question? I am a retired UAW worker, and I am thoroughly disgusted with the UAW and have been since 1978. These robots will vote for anything that says democrat. Obama says he will fix our oil crisis by punishing the American auto industry and the UAW says "YES!!! We endorse him because he's a by-God democrat." I hear Adolf Hitler is coming back from the dead to run in the next election as a democrat. Guess who the UAW will support?
On Sarah Palin.....The screeching moonbats, whose daily lives are a swamp of discontent, fault finding, anger, angst and every other dark emotion embraced by the left, can't stand to see someone who is normal and enjoying life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.....grampster