Author Topic: The KosKids really are retards  (Read 34237 times)

anygunanywhere

Re: The KosKids really are retards
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2008, 02:56:01 AM »
Our oldest son attended our wedding and spoke of his Mommy as she and I spoke our vows. That was 33 years ago.

He was a math major so I know he can figure it out.

The subject has never been an issue. We do not care what people think. Think is the key word.

With regard to the spoken word, people who know us (Mrs. Anygunanywhere and I) kind of instinctively know better than to broach the subject especially in a derogatory manner.

If someone made it an issue in an attempt to smear one of us the guilty party would have to find another line of work because of the severe physical disability resulting from the beat down and stomping under my size 11 1/2 Tony Llamas.

Scum that write this filth would be erased if the proper application of responsibility for ones actions were applied in generous measure.

Even though our sons are grown men, I will still defend them to the very end.

Sarah Palin is an amazing woman and I am excited for the election.

Anygunanywhere

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2008, 06:56:44 AM »
In the words of one pundit:

"Extreme liberalism is a mental disorder."

It's not about getting stuck on stupid, it's about a kind of sick viciousness that we have seen for years now in Bush Derangement Syndrome.  A lot of this is nothing but bratthink, pretending to adult sophistication.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2008, 07:27:07 AM »
There is now breaking news on FOX that says that the daughter is pregnant and will marry the father.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

agricola

• friend
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2008, 07:29:51 AM »
There is now breaking news on FOX that says that the daughter is pregnant and will marry the father.

Confirmed:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/palin-confirms-daughters-pregnancy-915378.html

"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2008, 07:30:30 AM »
If the liberals dare object to that, they need to be punched. They usually celebrate that.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2008, 07:33:10 AM »
No, they celebrate the unwed mom NOT getting married.

Chris

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2008, 07:42:16 AM »

Chris

Oh, yeah, true.

agricola

• friend
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2008, 08:00:56 AM »
The cynic in me wonders whether the rumours about Trig Palin were a cunningly disguised trap to get this news out by getting the idiot blogs, Obama camp and more than a few mainstream media types to look foolish by repeating the Trig rumours, then owning them by releasing this statement - which was the real story all along.

"Make peace, you fools"

eflatminor

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2008, 08:35:41 AM »
Okay, I'm going to REALLY play devil's advocate here.  Does the timeline support the idea that the daughter could have gotten pregnant TWICE?  The first time her mother claimed it to be hers, and now pregnant again, her Mom says "I can't cover this up twice!  You're getting married!"

Just to be clear, I do not suspect this but I wonder if the liberal bloggers will suggest it.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2008, 08:37:17 AM »
The cynic in me wonders whether the rumours about Trig Palin were a cunningly disguised trap to get this news out

I won't say it was a plan (but you never know). I will say that the DailyKos faction really hurt the Dems with what they did, and they did in fact help Palin and the Republicans with damage control.

If the pregnancy would have come out as just her daughter's pregnancy (without the "fake pregnancy", incest, etc. claim prelude) I think the Palin camp would have had to go into high gear to control accusations from the left about "the moral right" and teenage pregnancy, etc. But now it's gone from a "cover-up" to, "Oh, yes, my daughter is pregnant and she's getting married (yawn)."
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2008, 09:13:57 AM »
Whoooooooooooo cares?

eflatminor

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2008, 09:20:59 AM »
Who cares?  Maybe not you and me, but many, many voters do, especially if someone lied.  Witness Clinton's blowjob.  Nobody would have cared about the sex; many cared that he appeared to lie about it.

Me, I couldn't give a rat's you know what but I'm fasinated by the political process/machine.

agricola

• friend
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2008, 09:27:11 AM »
Okay, I'm going to REALLY play devil's advocate here.  Does the timeline support the idea that the daughter could have gotten pregnant TWICE?  The first time her mother claimed it to be hers, and now pregnant again, her Mom says "I can't cover this up twice!  You're getting married!"

Just to be clear, I do not suspect this but I wonder if the liberal bloggers will suggest it.

If they do, then they will make themselves look even more stupid (which is not to say they arent doing it already and claiming (sadly backed up by the BBC) that they "forced" Palin to reveal this information). 

As for the timeline, no.  Bristol Palin is around five months pregnant, if the statement put out is to be believed.  Trig Palin was born on April 18th, four-and-a half months ago. 
"Make peace, you fools"

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2008, 10:06:06 AM »
Wow, John Edwards really gets around...

The script on Palin is this: She's a freak (guns, moose-gutting), a lightweight, and, now, uppity trailer trash.

It will backfire.  The Left likes early pregnancy only when it leads to victims, preferably minorities.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

alan2

« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2008, 11:39:20 AM »
And the importance of Governor Palin's daughters condition(pregnancy) is important how? It escapes me.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2008, 11:40:58 AM »
And the importance of Governor Palin's daughters condition(pregnancy) is important how? It escapes me.

It isn't.  It's just the Kos Kids trying to make a cheap (and rather sleazy) political score.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2008, 12:49:49 PM »
The more I think about this, I doubt it will hurt substantially.  I have a cousin who got a girl pregnant in high school.  He is now married to her and they have at least 4 kids.  I doubt I am the only one who knows someone in that position.  Conservatives may be concerned about morals, but they are not puritans. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2008, 01:02:17 PM »
Pretending that this doesn't hurt the McCain/Palin ticket is denial.

It should not matter, and it's wrong to make her a target or to involve her family in politics this way.  But that's the way politics are done here-happens to all sides. 

Just because you support one side over the other doesn't mean that it will escape the damage from something that, in a perfect world, would not matter.

This is one of the more unsavoury aspects of "character" or "identity" politics: when you are running primarily on who you are, and the quality of your "character" as opposed to your willingness to enact specific, well-defined policies, these sorts of things impact your odds of winning an election.

If elections were about policy and specific plans for government, this wouldn't matter, but these elections aren't really about policy. 
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2008, 01:07:02 PM »
And it looks like...Obama is doing the right thing on this one.  Good for him.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0908/Obama_on_Palin.html?showall
"I have said before and I will repeat again: People's families are off limits," Obama said. "And people's children are especially off-limits. This shouldn't be part of our politics. It has no relevance to Gov. Palin's performance as a governor or her potential performance as a vice president. So I would strongly urge people to back off these kinds of stories. You know my mother had me when she was 18 and how a family deals with issues and teenage children, that shouldnt be a topic of our politics."
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2008, 01:21:02 PM »

It should not matter, and it's wrong to make her a target or to involve her family in politics this way.  But that's the way politics are done here-happens to all sides. 

The thing is, there isn't a negative here for any flavor of social conservative I'm aware of.  As was said, the things they believe in are designed to prevent these situations in general (because they are usually not good in general), but, regardless of smears, the basis is love, not puritanism.

1)  She had premarital sex, but her mom is in favor of a more abstinence-based education.  But the girl is 17 and kids do dumb things.

Net loss of conservatives - 0; with a net possible gain from comprehensive sex ed. salt-of-the-earth types whose kids also go against their wishes and teaching and they have to deal with it on a host of issues.

2)  She is having the baby when it would be perfectly legal in AK without parental consent, but her mom is pro-life.

Net loss of conservatives - 0; with a net possible gain from pro-choice s-o-t-e types who also have family or friends dealing with teen pregnancy and keeping the baby.

3)  She is marrying the father of the baby, and her parents (and presumably his) are supportive of the young couple.

Net loss of conservatives - 0; with a net possible gain from s-o-t-e types whose grandparents, parents, themselves or their kids did the same thing and the relationships worked out.

4)  The left can hit her with snarky "See how well your "family values" work, neener neener." attacks, but that won't resonate with many parents or people who sympathize with a less-than-desireable situation for a kid.

I don't see this affecting enough of the base to matter but rather increasing her resonance with normal folks who may differ with her on some issues.

As you say, personality matters and America loves this kind of schmaltz.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Prophet

« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2008, 02:38:19 PM »
It seems to me that Obama is taking advantage of the emotionalism for his own gain. By "defending" Sarah's family from the media, he's played up/dragged out the issue and is getting a little bit more media coverage... good coverage for him, and potentially bad news coverage for the Palins (yes, I've followed the thread and see that the opposite can be argued. But think of it the way Obama's campaign would). Anyone who is... gullible enough to fall for what the media broadcasts will give props to Obama for what he calls his take on the issue, and will further publicize the issue of Sarahs daughter. Again, whether that is a good thing or a bad thing can be argued, but I just felt that this should be pointed out.

Carry on, ladies and gentlemen.  police

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2008, 02:54:26 PM »

Just because you support one side over the other doesn't mean that it will escape the damage from something that, in a perfect world, would not matter.

Palin's daughter got pregnant and is marrying the father.

Obama's best friends are Ayers, Wright, and Rezko. 

Equivalency?

I think the people will decide that one.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2008, 03:02:56 PM »
Wow, so the Kossacks were right...about 9 months too late.  How far along is she now? 
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2008, 03:14:21 PM »

Chris
No, they celebrate the unwed mom killing the the child before it's born.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2008, 03:24:37 PM »

Chris
No, they celebrate the unwed mom killing the the child before it's born.
They are cool with either so long as we pick up the welfare tab
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.