Author Topic: Palin for President  (Read 13502 times)

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
Re: Palin for President
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2008, 10:03:29 AM »
I see they polled 5% more Dems than Reps. I wonder why the numbers came out in favor of Obama.... Gee, hard to figure, isn't it?

They polled 5% more Dems than Reps because there's slightly more registered Democrats than Republicans in society.
So they think.  Maybe they're even right...?

All pollsters try to correct their data according to the demographics of society.  These corrections are supposed to make the poll results more accurate.  But the corrections are subjective, they depend upon the pollster's opinions and biases.  The poll results are only as good as the quality of the pollsters.

Dntsycnt

• friend
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2008, 10:13:14 AM »
I find the "cute girl who shoots guns" obsession/reaction as disturbing as the "Hip young agent of Change" obsession/reaction.

You're really advocating this nobody as president, or even vice president?  Come on.  I can see why she might make McCain more palatable for some people, but to say you're voting for her?  Gah...

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2008, 10:31:59 AM »
If Palin were a nobody, then you might have a point.  She may be a newcomer to the national scene, but the woman is solid.

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2008, 10:35:47 AM »
I find the "cute girl who shoots guns" obsession/reaction as disturbing as the "Hip young agent of Change" obsession/reaction.

You're really advocating this nobody as president, or even vice president?  Come on.  I can see why she might make McCain more palatable for some people, but to say you're voting for her?  Gah...
She is hardly an unknown in conservative circles.  But if you spend most of your time at the DU its possible you might never have heard of her before.

Ever hear of Bobby Jindal? He's another up and comer to watch for.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

Desertdog

• friends
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2008, 10:36:26 AM »
It seems the most accurate polls are the polls of "Likely to vote."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2008, 02:49:37 PM »
I can see why she might make McCain more palatable for some people, but to say you're voting for her?

Voting for her, but not for McCain Tongue

grin
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

anygunanywhere

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2008, 03:22:22 PM »
What's the margun of error for the poll?

And, what you tell a pollster is one thing.  What you do in the privacy of the voting booth is something entirely different.

Hasn't anyone here played "Lie to the Pollster"?

My son and I do it all the time.

Anygunanyhwere

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2008, 03:31:46 PM »
What's the margun of error for the poll?

And, what you tell a pollster is one thing.  What you do in the privacy of the voting booth is something entirely different.

Hasn't anyone here played "Lie to the Pollster"?

My son and I do it all the time.

Anygunanyhwere

I've never been polled.

But I've been a Neilsen or Arbitron family about seven times.  That is weird.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2008, 03:32:45 PM »
They've tried to poll me a couple of times.  I usually just hang up. 
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Thor

• friend
  • US Navy (retired)
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2008, 05:06:20 PM »
I like Palin because she seems to be a TRUE Conservative, unlike McCain. I was having personal issues voting for McCain when he hadn't announced whom he had selected for his running mate. I knew at least I was going to vote AGAINST Obama. Now, I'll feel some comfort in my vote, not that it will likely matter.
" a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand." - Lucius Annaeus

for Military, Vets, & Supporters, check out:
USMILNET

Conservative Discussion Forum

zahc

• friend
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2008, 04:59:01 AM »
Well, pending a Texas court decision, Barr may win that state by default.

plz splain? kthxbai
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2008, 06:02:36 AM »

plz splain? kthxbai

Barr is the only one on the ballot.  Neither Republicans or Democrats are on the ballot because the deadline passed before the conventions happened.

At least that's the way I heard it ....
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2008, 06:39:05 AM »
I like Palin a LOT, but she isn't the Messiah either.

In a Republic no one is or should be.

We need to build this thing from the ground up, one active, informed citizen at a time.  There are too many souls yearning to be unfree.  It's disturbing.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2008, 07:28:57 AM »

plz splain? kthxbai

Barr is the only one on the ballot.  Neither Republicans or Democrats are on the ballot because the deadline passed before the conventions happened.

At least that's the way I heard it ....

Wow that's very interesting. Could be bad also though, because a lot of people feel McCain is sure to win TX.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2008, 07:48:51 AM »
I like Palin a LOT, but she isn't the Messiah either.

The Missussiah Huh? 

grin

lacoochee

« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2008, 09:23:02 AM »
No but for Conservatives she is a cold glass of water after 6 months in the desert.   smiley
Deo Vindice

* "[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
---James Madison,The Federalist Papers, No. 46.

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2008, 03:56:28 PM »
No but for Conservatives she is a cold glass of water after 6 months in the desert.

Ron Paul must have been the oasis.

thisguy1157

« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2008, 08:59:38 PM »
I see they polled 5% more Dems than Reps. I wonder why the numbers came out in favor of Obama.... Gee, hard to figure, isn't it?

They polled 5% more Dems than Reps because there's slightly more registered Democrats than Republicans in society.

I also believe those extra 5% are the voting dead.  Dead people always vote democrat.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2008, 02:16:14 AM »
No but for Conservatives she is a cold glass of water after 6 months in the desert.

Ron Paul must have been the oasis.

No, the mirage.  Rimshot.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Modifiedbrowning

• friend
  • Best Avatar on APS
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2008, 08:39:20 PM »
Ron Paul is on the ballot in Montana as the Constitution Party candidate.
Give Peace a Chance,
Kill all Terrorists.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2008, 03:13:33 AM »
Ron who? cheesy

zahc

• friend
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2008, 03:40:37 AM »
Ron Paul is on the ballot in Montana as the Constitution Party candidate.

I thought he promised not to run as an independent?
--Tallpine

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2008, 04:13:28 AM »
If Palin were a nobody, then you might have a point.  She may be a newcomer to the national scene, but the woman is solid.

Not all that solid.  Barely 2 years as governor.  Mayor of a town of 7,000 people before that.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Intune

• The Shakes
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2008, 04:51:30 AM »

Not all that solid.  Barely 2 years as governor.  Mayor of a town of 7,000 people before that.
Definitely solid enough for VP cred.  The dems PRESIDENTIAL candidate doesn't even come close to matching her executive experience.  Do you think that they should switch it to a Biden/Obama ticket to put the most experienced dem person in the White House?   It would support your position.   Let's see what kinda legs that ticket would have.  Hmmm...  laugh

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2008, 05:31:38 AM »

Definitely solid enough for VP cred.  The dems PRESIDENTIAL candidate doesn't even come close to matching her executive experience.  Do you think that they should switch it to a Biden/Obama ticket to put the most experienced dem person in the White House?   It would support your position.   Let's see what kinda legs that ticket would have.  Hmmm...  laugh

I actually would prefer Palin for President over McCain.  She's a true Washington outsider and a conservative.  Unfortunately, the Grand Ole Party would surround her with old washington insiders and the failed policies of the NeoCon movement would continue.
There should be a "None of the Above, try again" option.  Both tickets are *expletive deleted*it. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”