Author Topic: Palin for President  (Read 13503 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: Palin for President
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2008, 05:35:03 AM »
Ron Paul is on the ballot in Montana as the Constitution Party candidate.

I thought he promised not to run as an independent?

That is correct, but there's some hole in Montana law that allows the local cadre to put him on the ballot anyhow.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2008, 07:29:54 AM »
There should be a "None of the Above, try again" option.  Both tickets are *expletive deleted*it.

Be nice to have a ballot option that says:

"Both of these options suck.  We the people want the current official in this office to stay for another 3 months while an emergency election campaign is organized by each party.  The current candidates for this office are ineligible to run because they suck."

Sigh.  Wishful thinking.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Modifiedbrowning

• friend
  • Best Avatar on APS
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2008, 10:58:45 AM »
I thought he promised not to run as an independent?
He's not actually running, but because he had enough of a % in the primary he is eligible to be on  the ballot. So, the local Constitution Party folks had him added. I do believe they asked his permission.
While I like Ron Paul I just hope this doesn't screwover McCain and let Obama win the state.
Give Peace a Chance,
Kill all Terrorists.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2008, 08:42:05 AM »
If Palin were a nobody, then you might have a point.  She may be a newcomer to the national scene, but the woman is solid.

Not all that solid.  Barely 2 years as governor.  Mayor of a town of 7,000 people before that.

Very solid.  Look what she's accomplished in her short political career.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2008, 10:11:07 AM »
If Palin were a nobody, then you might have a point.  She may be a newcomer to the national scene, but the woman is solid.

Not all that solid.  Barely 2 years as governor.  Mayor of a town of 7,000 people before that.

Very solid.  Look what she's accomplished in her short political career.

I agree.  She has more substantive political/policy accomplishments to her name than the other three combined.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton