Author Topic: Soldier forced to sleep in car after hotel refuses him a room  (Read 8193 times)

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
Re: Soldier forced to sleep in car after hotel refuses him a room
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2008, 04:57:51 PM »
From my personal experience, yeah, young mails often don't give a damn about anyone's property but their own.  And that was just spilling drinks and such.  However, this was a guy with a cast for whom I would probably have made an exception.  Guys by themselves would seem to be a good exception also.

A lot of young males don't even care about their own property.  And I agree - it's much more prevalent when you get a group.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2008, 04:11:40 AM »
From my personal experience, yeah, young mails often don't give a damn about anyone's property but their own.  And that was just spilling drinks and such.  However, this was a guy with a cast for whom I would probably have made an exception.  Guys by themselves would seem to be a good exception also.

A lot of young males don't even care about their own property.  And I agree - it's much more prevalent when you get a group.

Ask any woman what women to do public ladies' rooms.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2008, 11:54:55 AM »
Ask any woman what women to do public ladies' rooms.

Don't need to.  Had to clean them for my first couple jobs...

Except for one incident with a neanderthal, the women's was always substantiall worse.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2008, 04:01:46 PM »
I know what you mean re. the "fairer sex." 14 sea-going years in the navy and a shower I took at a 25K per year college in a female dorm is still in the top 10 most nasty. It was #1 for awhile until someone on our last ship started doing #2 in the showers.

I assume the restrooms get that way due to the hover trim indicator being off. That and wanton disregard for the final disposition of certain products.

Had to go into a few women's restrooms used by 1-200 ladies  as part of navy firefighting. Never been so happy to be wearing 30lbs of self contained breathing apparatus in 100 degree heat.

On the original subject, I've stayed in many hotels thanks to the military, never destroyed one. Hotel in OP is scum. I could say it is Britain but here in America a lot of hotels are just as unpatriotic. I've gotten some good sneers asking about military discounts. The one that made me walk out with angry commentary was the Best? Western that wanted an ID because I was paying in cash. Gotta fight terrorism don't you know? I went to the cheaper, cleaner Pakistani-American owned hotel a few doors down, really nice friendly people. He thought I looked a lot like Ben Franklin and gave me a good room.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

mgregg85

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2008, 03:23:41 PM »
I'm thinking this shouldn't be too much of a surprise from the UK. 
This from perhaps their greatest military commander...
Our army is composed of the scum of the earth - the mere scum of the earth.
Duke of Wellington

I don't think the attitude has changed much in around 200 years either.