Author Topic: Burgler dead, killed with his own gun  (Read 1632 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Burgler dead, killed with his own gun
« on: September 05, 2008, 09:02:26 AM »
One piece of human debris permantly removed from the gene pool, one wounded (Darn -Brad).  Both shot with their own gun by the couple they intended to rob.

From Fox News...

BLUE MOUND, Texas —  When two gunmen smashed through the glass front door of her suburban Fort Worth home, Kellie Hoehn didn't think twice.

The 34-year-old mother of two grabbed a shotgun that had been pointed at her face early Wednesday, starting a struggle that ended with one intruder killed with his own weapon and another in the hospital.

"I wasn't going to let them get to my babies," she said, recalling the moment when she pushed up the muzzle of the shotgun, pointing it away from her children's rooms.

Although the intruders told her to keep quiet, she screamed for her husband. She told her 12-year-old son, who was awakened by the sound of the shattering glass front door, to get his 5-year-old sister and hide.

"It was like a horror movie," her husband, 32-year-old Keith Hoehn, told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "I thought I was a dead man. We're fighting for our lives."

With Kellie Hoehn clinging to the weapon's muzzle, her husband tackled the man who held the shotgun. She knocked the intruder in the head with a jar candle, giving her husband a chance to wrest the shotgun.

By then the tussle had spilled out onto the front lawn. Keith Hoehn shot one of the men who had a pistol, police said. Wounded, that man ran away.

Then the intruder who initially had the shotgun charged Keith Hoehn.

Kellie Hoehn told The Dallas Morning News that she screamed at her husband, "Shoot him, shoot him, shoot him."

Her husband fired the shotgun and the man fell to the ground. Then the shot man lunged a second time.

"Well, I shot him again, and I guess that was it," Keith Hoehn said.

Dakota Scott Benoit, 20, of Richland Hills, was pronounced dead at a hospital. John Garland Pierson, 25, of Haltom City, was in critical condition and in police custody at the hospital.

"I am not happy that someone is dead," Kellie Hoehn said. "But I am glad that my family is alive."

Police said Pierson was shot in the left arm and the bullet pierced his diaphragm and other organs but his condition was improving. He will face charges of burglary of habitation with intent to commit another felony, police said.

Investigators say the couple were just defending their family and probably won't be charged.

It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Burgler dead, killed with his own gun
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 09:44:41 AM »
Well I guess the anti's were right after all.  If you have a gun someone will just take it from you and use it against you.   rolleyes

Looks like the bad guys found out the hard way that Mrs. Hoehn is Momma Bear.

Prayers and best wishes to the Hoehn family.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 10:33:44 AM »
Good for her for fighting back and not just submitting.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

John G

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 11:11:00 AM »
Thank God the family is okay. 
I like spiedies and old guns

Umber

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 12:26:31 PM »
You might not be wise taking a knife to a gunfight, but a jar candle might work out okay.  laugh

Umber

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 12:41:02 PM »
I imagine that the jar candle might work just as well as a guardrail nut:

Quote from: Hywayman on THR
In my other pocket I have a 1-1/2" Guardrail nut looped on a piece of 550 cord. Not whiz bang tactical, but one smack in the grape and its coloring books for Christmas time.

grin
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 01:01:04 PM »
I still prefer to bring my own gun, and not count on borrowing the robber's  rolleyes
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 02:28:52 PM »
Not a Momma bear, a cornered cat.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2008, 03:51:18 PM »
See, yankees are good for something.
With Kellie Hoehn clinging to the weapon's muzzle, her husband tackled the man who held the shotgun. She knocked the intruder in the head with a jar candle, giving her husband a chance to wrest the shotgun.

Yankee candles that is.  laugh

Kellie is a badass.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.