Author Topic: Why BHO is "better" then McCain  (Read 11536 times)

Dntsycnt

• friend
Re: Why BHO is "better" then McCain
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2008, 11:28:27 AM »
The fact is you don't know what you're talking about.  The fact is the limit on federal funding of stem cell research has produced myriad complications in everyday research beyond its intended, misguided target, which has a lot to do with shared usage of equipment and resources and the bureaucratic red tape that inevitably results from arbitrary bans.  The fact is stem cells- the evil, godless, mustn't-be-funded kind- still hold our best chance for defeating most of the world's worst afflictions.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2008, 11:47:27 AM »
The fact is you don't know what you're talking about.  The fact is the limit on federal funding of stem cell research has produced myriad complications in everyday research beyond its intended, misguided target, which has a lot to do with shared usage of equipment and resources and the bureaucratic red tape that inevitably results from arbitrary bans.  The fact is stem cells- the evil, godless, mustn't-be-funded kind- still hold our best chance for defeating most of the world's worst afflictions.
It's just so awful that those want to perform stem cell research have to pay for it themselves.  It's so inconvenient when the government doesn't pay for it all.

rolleyes

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2008, 11:53:35 AM »

Typical Democrat logic. Not funding something is a ban. Not increasing the size of an entitlement is cutting it back.  rolleyes

If the tech for stem cell (or bio-diesel, solar or wind, electric cars etc) was all that viable, fed.gov pork wouldn't be needed. Only loser ideas need the .gov to steal my money to fund them.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

richyoung

• friend
  • bring a big gun
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2008, 11:54:30 AM »
So, I'm wondering how 5 years as a POW makes one a 'hero' let alone qualify him for POTUS.   I thought 'heroes' either killed or captured the enemy, not were captured by them.

That Skyhawk he flew?  It dropped BOMBS, not chinese fortune cookies.  Not everyone that contributes to killing the enemy does so first hand - the air-to-air tankers, the jamming birds, the search and rescue guys, the photo joes, even the guy that washes the pots in the galley all have a hand in putting the trigger-pullers and bomb droppers in position.

McCain reminds me of 'did you know I was in Vietnam'?  Kerry.

Try "I was ordered into Cambodia by Richard Nixon a year before Richard Nixon took office" Kerry, & see if the comparison still holds...
My dad had a boatload of military medals I never knew about until after he died.

He was a hero. 

Tru dat.

[/quote]
 McCain is an opportunist.
[/quote]

That is an "opinion" - and being an "oppertunist" DOESN'T mean you AREN'T a hero - see Boyington, Bong, McGuire, McArthure, Patton, Halsey, Doolittle, Lindberg, Audie Murphy,, Sgt. York, etc, etc, etc....
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't...

Desertdog

• friends
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2008, 11:54:48 AM »
It is my impression is that the ONLY stem cell research the feds won't pay for is Embryotic Stem Cell research, except the existing embryotic stem cell lines.  And these laws do not apply to privately funded Embryotic Stem Cells.

Dntsycnt

• friend
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2008, 12:07:24 PM »
Typical Democrat logic. Not funding something is a ban. Not increasing the size of an entitlement is cutting it back.  rolleyes

If the tech for stem cell (or bio-diesel, solar or wind, electric cars etc) was all that viable, fed.gov pork wouldn't be needed. Only loser ideas need the .gov to steal my money to fund them.

You're oversimplifying.  If it were simply a case of not funding, the word "ban" would be inappropriate.  But the way it is executed is an effective ban.

It's true, while those beneficial technologies will come to fruition even with government interference, said interference does slow it down.  But hell, I'm young.  I guess I could just wait a bit longer as the old fat people die of cancer and diabetes, but I'd rather they didn't have to do that.  We have an opportunity to speed things up, but we'd rather wail and moan about decaying embryos having souls, and liberal handouts.

Do you think all the technologies you enjoy came about without any government assistance?  How many loser ideas enable your lifestyle?

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2008, 12:15:11 PM »
I notice the feds are late on sending me the funding for my ammo buying. THOSE BASTARDS ARE BANNING ME FROM EXERCISING MY 2ND AMENDMENT RIGHTS BY NOT SUBSIDIZING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rolleyes

It's ok tho, everyone over 35 will die a horrible death if no tax money is spent on this. After all, the research is so promising no one else will fund it!

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Dntsycnt

• friend
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2008, 12:27:59 PM »
Calm down.  No one is talking about supposed violation of rights.  It's okay to disagree on this, you know.  It doesn't make either of us idiots.  I can see your perspective on this, but I think there's a lot more to it than you're addressing.

And I think you should do some reading before you state that "no one else will fund it".  That's simply not true.

Again, I'm not saying this research won't happen without government funding, but that doesn't mean government funding would not be beneficial.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2008, 12:36:59 PM »
Calm down.  No one is talking about supposed violation of rights.  It's okay to disagree on this, you know.  It doesn't make either of us idiots.  I can see your perspective on this, but I think there's a lot more to it than you're addressing.

And I think you should do some reading before you state that "no one else will fund it".  That's simply not true.

Again, I'm not saying this research won't happen without government funding, but that doesn't mean government funding would not be beneficial.

So your contention is that the feds have banned it. But it'll still happen, just slower. Do you see how this position is just a tad inconsistent?

Dntsycnt

• friend
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2008, 12:57:09 PM »
No.  Say I own four labs, and Jed owns three.  I ban the evils of electricity to be researched in my labs.  Jed allows it.  While there exists a ban, electricity will still be researched, and thus will still advance, but will do so more slowly than it would with the added assistance of my labs.

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2008, 01:03:42 PM »
The fact is the limit on federal funding of stem cell research has produced myriad complications in everyday research beyond its intended, misguided target, which has a lot to do with shared usage of equipment and resources and the bureaucratic red tape that inevitably results from arbitrary bans.

Wait, wait, wait.

*sarcasm mode = on*
I, for one, find it hard to believe that the federal government would cock-up the situation that badly.  I mean, really.  It sounds so simple to execute... and they got it wrong?  Unpossible!
*sarcasm mode = off*

I think the boy has a point, guys.  Hell, we might  be wasting more money just complying with the darned restrictions than we're actually saving.  Maybe.  Just throwing that out there.

I guess I could just wait a bit longer as the old fat people die of cancer and diabetes, but I'd rather they didn't have to do that.
Damnit!  If we fund embryonic stem cell research we're just gonna muck up Social Security!

Thor

• friend
  • US Navy (retired)
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2008, 01:09:02 PM »
I'm with the AZ/Scout/ HTG crowd. Just because .gov doesn't fund something doesn't mean it's "banned". I have the same attitude towards abortion. I see NO reason WHY the taxpayer must subsidize abortion. I'm kind of tired of the .gov getting in my pockets all of the time and for whatever cause they want.

Ohh and for that person that claims McCain is not a hero, what about him refusing to get out of POW Camp early because of his familial ties Huh? He stayed an extra four years because he felt he owed something to his fellow POWs. That meant more torture for him. He could have just said, sure, I'll go and left his bretheren behind. He didn't. He endured countless hours of additional torture because he has principles. That, alone, makes him a hero in MY eyes. Of course, I'm retired Navy and was in the Aviation community.

For the record, I'm NOT a McCain fan. At least I wasn't until he chose Palin. In any case, he's STILL better than our alternative, IMHO.
" a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand." - Lucius Annaeus

for Military, Vets, & Supporters, check out:
USMILNET

Conservative Discussion Forum

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2008, 01:33:23 PM »
No.  Say I own four labs, and Jed owns three.  I ban the evils of electricity to be researched in my labs.  Jed allows it.  While there exists a ban, electricity will still be researched, and thus will still advance, but will do so more slowly than it would with the added assistance of my labs.

Oh, so you're saying the fed.gov controls the majority of the research labs trying to find a cure for cancer and diabetes etc?

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2008, 03:57:58 PM »
While we're on the subject, I'd like someone to cite the section of the US Constitution that delegates the authority FedGov needs to dabble in stem cell research.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2008, 07:41:14 PM »
Fact is this thread could use an injection of stem cells to reverse the rampant 'tardation that's going on.

Unfortunately, the stem cells have higher standards.

Jesus...

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.