Author Topic: Bill to require pet evacuations  (Read 6176 times)

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
Bill to require pet evacuations
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2005, 08:28:35 AM »
I truly feel sorry for "people" who cannot understand the bond that forms between humans and their pets.
And I feel sorry for any 'people' who feel that animals are people's equivalent.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

Robert Sears

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2005, 11:55:19 AM »
jefnvk,
  I didn't say they were equivalent but they are members of my family. I will protect my family as I am sure would you. People define  who is in their family differently.

Bob

Zundfolge

• friend
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2005, 12:16:19 PM »
Quote from: jefnvk
I truly feel sorry for "people" who cannot understand the bond that forms between humans and their pets.
And I feel sorry for any 'people' who feel that animals are people's equivalent.
I never said people and animals are equivalent, I just said that the lives of people who would harm my dogs (or force me to leave them behind to die) are less valuable to me then my dogs.

Of course the life of anyone who wants my wallet is less valuable to me then my wallet.

jefnvk

• friend
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2005, 12:35:49 PM »
That I can deal with.  I was more upset about the quote marks around the people, like whoever wrote that was trying to imply that if I don't have this bond with animals, I am sub-human.  Kinda like the worms remark.

lifer

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2005, 10:34:14 PM »
Lifer seems to have done a fantastic job of beating the everliving snot out of any possibility of having credibility

I am more credible than anyone else that has posted. Killing people over dogs and cats? Leaving a human being behind and taking your pets? You are all pathetic. A disgrace to MY race. The time is coming when we will all pay for this kind of idiotic thinking. What you spend on your dung machine in food and medical every year would clothe, house and educate one of those future terrorists and make him "one of us." Get it? Or are all of you too stupid to understand what I am talking about?

lifer

« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2005, 10:52:51 PM »
Now for my gentler side; pets are one of those luxuries we take for granted. It's nice to have an animal to play with- like a little child with a puppy. But we are not little children- and pets are not children or replacements for children. If you think they are then I am sorry, there is something wrong with you. If you would save your dog or cat instead of a human being there is something wrong with you. If you would kill someone for "harming your property" then there is something wrong with you. In non-troll words, I am right and you are wrong. Now you can say I am wrong- that yes, your family pet is a being equal to a human being, but that would kind of prove me right. Pets are just one of the many billion dollar "industries" I rage at for wasting the vast treasure that would make this world a decent place to live in for my children's children. Enjoy your stupid animals; there is not much difference between you and them.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2005, 08:13:15 AM »
"I am more credible than anyone else that has posted. Killing people over dogs and cats?"

Yep, you're a legend in your own mind.

"Pets are not replacements for children."

Nope. In my opinion, they are superior to children. No college fund, no wrecking your car, no staying out until three a.m. making you wild with worry. I used to think that I wanted kids. Now I'm more than content to leave my friends have the kids and all of the incredible pain in the ass worries that they bring.

One friend's daughter is, at 15, spreading her legs for anything with a penis, has been arrested close to a dozen times for theft, possession, drunk in public, disorderly conduct, and is turning into a hardcore substance abuser. The way I figure it, it won't be long before she's selling herself for a line of coke. Gotta love her, though, I guess, simply because she's a "human" being.

My dog, as a puppy, was better behaved than her, and a hell of a lot more interesting, to boot.

"And I feel sorry for any 'people' who feel that animals are people's equivalent."

Animals aren't equivilent to people.

They're better in far too many ways to count.

Don't like my attitude? Oh well, it's not as if I give a damn about what you think about me. I do, however, care what my dogs think.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

lifer

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2005, 11:01:30 AM »
Don't like my attitude? Oh well, it's not as if I give a damn about what you think about me. I do, however, care what my dogs think.

If you care about what your dogs think you are too far gone to worry about and no longer deserve membership in the human race; like I said, you should have been born a bitch.

lifer

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2005, 11:20:00 AM »
I used to think that I wanted kids. Now I'm more than content to leave my friends have the kids and all of the incredible pain in the ass worries that they bring.

And by the way, you are not fit to breed anyway. When you are old and gray and waiting for the end, and you have left nothing of yourself behind in this world, you can take comfort in all the money and love you lavished on your dung machines. Good job!

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2005, 11:29:08 AM »
Um, he wasn't asking you to breed with him.

jefnvk

• friend
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2005, 11:44:30 AM »
No, your attitude is fine.  Your point of view is fine, I just cannot share it.  It is good that we have differing points of view, if everytone always thought the exact same, the world would be aboring place.

What I don't care for, from either side, is trying to smear the other side based on 'my view is better than yours, and you aren't human if you don't agree with me'.  I did it in hopes of trying to get others to realize they did it, instead of typing this up, which I now realize was probably the better choice.

If you have such a great bond with your pets, fine.  I don't.  You are probably not going to change that, certainly not if I keep getting refered to as being about the same level as worms, or subhuman because I don't share your point of view.

Zundfolge

• friend
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2005, 12:59:29 PM »
Quote from: lifer
What you spend on your dung machine in food and medical every year would clothe, house and educate one of those future terrorists and make him "one of us." Get it? Or are all of you too stupid to understand what I am talking about?
Wow ... lifer goes from simple jerk to full blown Communist within one page.

Way to go!

Robert Sears

« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2005, 02:02:51 PM »
jefnvk,
  Please show me where I said you or anyone is a worm or sub -human. I didn't some people are more caring than other. That I consider my dogs to be family members and you don't  shows that people are different.
Lifer, I said I wouldn't pick up up on the side of the road. Why should I, I don't know you and have no feelings for you. For all I know you might be part of the small % of society that thought shooting at Rescue helicopters in NO was the right thing to do .  My dogs look to me to do what is right for them. I do have feelings for them.I left food, water and extra gas at home when I evacuated for Rita so I had room for my dogs. There was no extra space in my Explorer. I would not throw out my dog to pick you up although I would give you some water.

Bob

lifer

« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2005, 03:17:03 PM »
Wow ... lifer goes from simple jerk to full blown Communist within one page.

If understanding that the basic prerequisite of any society not based on slavery
is some form of redistribution of wealth makes me a communist, then that makes you the jerk. You are obviously one of those wack jobs that is going turn this country into Brazil north with 1% owning everything and the rest of us living in cardboard boxes. As it is, most dogs in the U.S. live better than most people on this planet, and they are not happy about it (the people that is, the dogs are very happy).

lifer

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2005, 05:03:33 PM »
I would not throw out my dog to pick you up although I would give you some water.

Does anyone else on this board understand what it means to place the life of a dog above that of a human being? The next stray I come across is going to pay for my unhappiness right now. I am going to stomp that miserable mutt into a bloody pulp.

Zundfolge

• friend
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2005, 05:26:51 PM »
If understanding that the basic prerequisite of any society not based on slavery
is some form of redistribution of wealth makes me a communist, then that makes you the jerk.
Redistribution of wealth in any form other then via the free market is theft ... theft controlled by the state is a form of slavery.

The fact that you take umbrage at they way I spend my money and believe I shouldn't be "allowed" to (I guess because I'm some sort of traitor to my species?) because you know how it would be better spent makes you a thief and a slaver (or rather it would if you where in charge ... thankfully you're not).

The next stray I come across is going to pay for my unhappiness right now. I am going to stomp that miserable mutt into a bloody pulp.
Wow ... from jerk to Communist to psychopath ...  I'm beginning to think your handle is a description of your current living arrangements ... I'm surprised the state lets you have unmonitored net access.

Anyway, this thread makes me glad I own guns.

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2005, 05:38:10 PM »
Ok, either Lifer is some kinda doggie hating psycho, or he's a typical troll.  
lifer wrote:
The next stray I come across is going to pay for my unhappiness right now. I am going to stomp that miserable mutt into a bloody pulp.
Yes, because clearly, it's the dogs fault that you're pretty much losing an argument AND threatening the misuse of deadly force, not to mention threatening to 'punch people in the face.'  If you're not a psychopath, you most certainly aren't the brightest bulb in the string, making threats to people over the 'net has gotten people in trouble before.
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Zundfolge

• friend
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2005, 05:40:27 PM »
Quote from: Phyphor
not to mention threatening to 'punch people in the face.'
in all fairness, it was me who threatened to punch him in the face ... he's willing to murder people and brutalize innocent dogs, but he never said he'd punch anyone Wink

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2005, 06:06:29 PM »
My mistake, big difference there, heh.
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Justin

• friend
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2005, 07:10:45 PM »
Would it be poor taste for me to point out at this juncture that Lifer has been PWNED with a capital P?
Your secretary is not a graphic designer, and Microsoft Word is not adequate for print design.

jefnvk

• friend
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2005, 09:08:25 PM »
Please show me where I said you or anyone is a worm or sub -human
The worm came from Mike Irwin.  By putting people in quote marks in the following quote, I thought you were meaning to imply that they really wern't.  My apologies if I read too far into it.

Would it be poor taste for me to point out at this juncture that Lifer has been PWNED with a capital P?
Well, that all dependes on whether or not you are a 12 year old CS l337 Tongue

lifer

« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2005, 10:19:55 PM »
I wouldnt really stomp a mutt to death, and I never threatened to kill anyone, and if taxes are not redistribuition of wealth then I am elvis. What is PWNED? What is a 12 year old CS 13337? What the hell am I doing here?

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2005, 05:28:38 PM »
I wouldnt really stomp a mutt to death
Um, then why *were* you saying you would?

and I never threatened to kill anyone
Yea, but try whipping your firearm out in front of a THR member/APS member, and then pointing it at their dog.  Most people are going to take that as a prelude to attacking them and act accordingly.

As for your final question, one tends to wonder.