Author Topic: Is Palin qualified?  (Read 3266 times)

onebigelf

Is Palin qualified?
« on: September 07, 2008, 07:25:39 AM »
What was George W. Bush before he was elected? Governor of Texas
What was William Jefferson Clinton before he was elected? Governor of Arkansas
What was RONALD freaking Reagan before he was the best President this country has had since Teddy Roosevelt? Governor of California

Did any of them have foreign policy experience? Nope. Ron did a fair job, didn't he? Since when is Governor of a state not qualification? So Palin has only been Governor for less than two years, barry's only been a Senator for three and Sarah goes to work every day. Barry's only found the Senate chambers something like 135 times in 3 years. Give me a break, she'll do fine and she'll get some time as VP before she becomes our first female POTUS.

New ad. "Reagan was a Governor!"

John

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Is Palin qualified?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 07:38:38 AM »
Even more to the point, Palin has a record of achieving change and reform in her state, and in half the time that Barry has held national office.  Barry has no such record.  I doubt even Biden can claim a similar accomplishment. 

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 07:39:31 AM »
Even more to the point, Palin has a record of achieving change and reform in her state.  Barry has no such record. 

Well he does change his mind every now and then.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 08:47:44 AM »
She is qualified to do the few things that our leaders SHOULD be doing.

We don't need a Renaissance superhero or, worse, Napoleon running the State.  We need someone with common sense and basic skills who knows that most of it is up to US.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 10:19:24 PM »
Abraham Lincoln was neither a governor or a Senator before being elected, and he did fine.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 10:29:52 PM »
Yeah, but how many autobiographies has she written?  How many people does her campaign employ?  These are the marks of qualified leadership.
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 10:31:40 PM »
Yeah, but how many autobiographies has she written?  How many people does her campaign employ?  These are the marks of qualified leadership.

She has been too busy raising a family and running a state to write a autobio.  Plus maybe she is waiting until she actually does something before writing it.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 04:31:34 AM »
How many past Presidents have actually had experience formulating US foreign policy?  Even most VP's are just watching it happen.  Ike might be the most qualified in recent times, but that was some pretty unique experience.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 05:44:37 AM »
Abraham Lincoln was neither a governor or a Senator before being elected, and he did fine.

Well, if you consider waging a war that killed over a half-million Americans, and overthrowing the federal republic and instituting a national dicatorship as "doing fine"  angry
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Racehorse

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 05:50:59 AM »

Well, if you consider waging a war that killed over a half-million Americans, and overthrowing the federal republic and instituting a national dicatorship as "doing fine"  angry

4br4ham L1nc0ln was teh 3vil!!!11!!!

Umber

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 06:49:04 AM »
Just as soon as the libs realize that so many people see Palin as much more qualified than Obama, they'll begin tarring Palin with the "overqualified" brush.  Not as qualified as Obama = not qualified enough.  More qualified than Obama = overqualified.

I can just see old Joe B leaning toward Palin across a table in a debate, spittle flying as he screams, "You OVERQUALIFIED mayor of some pathetic Alaskan backwater village..."  And not finishing his sentence because Palin lands a hard right hook just on the point of Joe's chin.

This is not (of course) to say I advocate violence during political debates.  But I can always hope. angel

Umber

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008, 06:50:30 AM »

A valid point.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2008, 01:15:39 PM »
Actually, Honest Abe Lincoln was not honest and he was not a nice person.  He was not overly enamored with individual freedom and limited government.  He pulled stunts a modern president would never attempt.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2008, 01:58:33 PM »
No, no, no.  Lincoln was an enlightened student of The Obama.  We know this, because he bravely opposed James W. Polk's senseless War in Mexico. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife