Author Topic: NAA mini revolver?  (Read 1546 times)

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
NAA mini revolver?
« on: September 07, 2008, 03:02:44 AM »
Anyone have one?

I have a .22LR that I NEVER use.  It's a tube fed semi-auto.  I just saw one used yesterday for $150.00...it was in a little better shape than mine...I've seen used NAA's for around $150ish...

I'm strongly entertaining trading the rifle for a mini...I know I'd need to come up with a bit of cash...

It probably wouldn't be a carry gun, more as a "toy".  Guns aren't toys, I know, but you know what I mean....

I recently obtained a 10/22, so the other rifle will continue to sit, whereas the mini, well, may get shot on occasion....

Thoughts?
One day at a time.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re: NAA mini revolver?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 03:44:28 AM »
I had one several years ago in .22Mag. Fun shooter, and easy to slip in a pocket when out in snake country; but I think I'd have liked it better if I'd gotten one in .22lr or one with the interchangeable cylinders (.22Mag really needs more barrel length to get going). In fact, I'd probably be tempted to buy a Black Widow now if I saw one at a good price.

No complaints on this end....  cool
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 04:36:21 AM »
Very cute, very neat, very terrifying to shoot. I shot one at the range, and holding involved pinching the handle between thumb an forefinger of strong hand and gripping the cylinder and top strop with weak hand, pointing in very general direction of target (forget sighting) and getting black soot all over the weak hand.

Still cute though.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 04:41:51 AM »
My favorite "Oh, that's so cute" range toy is still the miniscule Jetfire. Not for big hands, it WILL bite you if so, but I still have no idea how they made a microsized semiauto that fires that fast with such a crisp-breaking, smooth trigger.

The NAA just scares me with the gap being so, well...kinda in your palm or not clear of your fingers like that. smiley

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 07:23:22 AM »
The quality of execution of NAA stuff looks good.  Design, OTOH, is atrocious.

Everything they make will stab ya, sting ya, or stick ya while in use.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

mfree

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 07:57:40 AM »
Everything they make will stab ya, sting ya, or stick ya while in use.

Aww. Man up! Smiley

There's a .22mag version in the rental case at the range I work in the afternoons... every so often I go shoot it for kicks. Neat little donuts of orange flame come out the muzzle Smiley

And I've never been burn, skint, or stuck by it. Holding? Squeeze really hard with the middle finger against the palm and wrap the thumb down across the side of the grip, so as to kind of push in on the trigger with the very tip of the index finger. Never had a problem.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 10:15:58 AM »
Fun little gun to use in pop cans at close range.  Long as the can holds still, its safe  laugh

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 01:18:40 PM »
Shot the black powder version once.  That was. ummm, "amusing".  Useful for, maybe, escaping in the fog like a squid that's shot a blast of ink.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

WeedWhacker

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 10:00:11 AM »
It's a fine tool for the purpose it was designed for.

I quit carrying mine around simply because even though five shots of .22 is better than nothing, it's not nearly as good as 11 shots of 9mm (or what-have-you). (If I could find a good holster for it, I might still bring it along as a backup.)

At the range, though, it's a blast. With a little practice, you can actually get to be fairly accurate with the little buggers.
"Higher education" is often a euphemism for producers of fermented, homogenized minds.