Author Topic: Cue the Rattlesnakes!  (Read 2917 times)

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Cue the Rattlesnakes!
« on: September 08, 2008, 07:22:48 PM »
Looks like Trooper Gate and BabyMomma Gate are not going to stick hard enought to sink Palin. Hmm, what to do......consults liberal playbook......hmmm......I know, she's a religious kook! 

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/08/palin.pastor/index.html

WASILLA, Alaska (CNN) -- For more than two decades, current Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin was a practicing Pentecostal.
Gov. Sarah Palin

Sarah Palin asked church members to pray for $30 billion natural gas pipeline in Alaska.

She belonged to the Wasilla Assembly of God church in her hometown of Wasilla, Alaska. But though she attended the church from her teenage years through to 2002, she hasn't talked much about her religion since joining the Republican ticket.

Palin's former pastor, Tim McGraw, says that like many Pentecostal churches, some members speak in tongues, although he says he's never seen Palin do so. Church member Caroline Spangler told CNN, "When the spirit comes on you, you utter things that nobody else can understand ... only God can understand what is coming out of our mouths."

Some Pentecostals from Assembly of God also believe in "faith healing" and the "end times" -- a violent upheaval that they believe will deliver Jesus Christ's second coming.

"Our basic belief is that God is God and he knows where history is going and he has a purposeful plan and within the middle of that plan we live in an environment in our world where certain events would take place," says McGraw. "Sarah wasn't taught to look for one particular sign -- a cataclysmic sign. She knew as every Christian does ... that God is sovereign and he is in control."...

Continues on link. If she comes out and says we need to have a nuclear war with Iran because it's in the Bible then I'll believe she's a nut. Until then, who cares! This article is not slamming her as a nut, this is just the wiffle ball CNN tosses up for the blogs to pound. Ought to be funny, good timing to bury the Musli....errr Christian tongue tied fellow.  grin

What's next? Prime time interview with a neighbor that reveals she didn't cut her grass often enough?
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Dntsycnt

• friend
Re: Cue the Rattlesnakes!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 07:26:21 PM »
You see that video of her speaking in church?  Where are today's biblical values!?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 04:29:26 AM »
How is that worse then Rev. Wright?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

lacoochee

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 05:25:44 AM »

Not a good comparison, just sayin....

Praying for a pipeline in an energy driven community is no different than praying for rain in a farming community.

I am sure the Obama as a CHRISTIAN also prays for good things to happen to his community.

Praying does not mean you are an extremist, it simply means that you recognize a higher power.  I am amazed at the number of people who are threatened by that.
Deo Vindice

* "[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
---James Madison,The Federalist Papers, No. 46.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 05:26:12 AM »

Because she's a Republican. If it was a Democrat, it'd be perfectly fine.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 06:07:04 AM »

Surely you jest?
She's simply asking for prayer for a pipeline.....Wright spews forth hate and blames the white man for everything.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 06:09:05 AM »

Surely you jest?
She's simply asking for prayer for a pipeline.....Wright spews forth hate and blames the white man for everything.

I think he's referring to how the Media drags this out and hollers about it vs. how they didn't want to say much about Wright.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 06:24:35 AM »
I think the Left has Palin confused with...Osama Bin Ladin.

Standard-issue projection, I'd say.

Of course the culture war in America is coming down to "God," isn't it?  It turns out the real "God-fearing" aren't the Christians but the anti-Christians.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 07:17:47 AM »
They said the same stuff of AG John Ashcroft, because he belonged to an Assembly of God church.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MrRezister

• I resist. It's what I do.
  • friend
  • Shank, shank, shank mommy's ankles!
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 07:27:21 AM »
Well I think it's just sick that she would be caught on camera praying to some magic beard in the sky to bless those she loves and help them do the right thing, like some sort of religion-spouting wingnut!  I mean I do that with my family every night and NOBODY FILMS ME! 

Now I'm jealous.
He never brought you an unbalanced budget, which is a perennial joke. He never voted himself a wage increase and, to this day, gives back part of his salary every year. He has always voted to preserve the Constitution, cut government spending, lower healthcare costs, end the war on drugs, secure our borders with immigration reform and protect our civil liberties.

freedom lover

• resident high school student
  • "Who is the Coon?"
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 02:32:10 PM »
Oh teh noes!  shocked A crazy Christian fanatic! Everyone knows Christianity and other religions are the cause of all the world's problems.  rolleyes rolleyes Withot religion the world would be perfect.  rolleyes rolleyes  laugh laugh

Seriously, the accusers on the left can't pin anything on her.