Author Topic: Matt Damon: Sarah Palin Presidency Would Be Like a 'Really Bad Disney Movie'  (Read 23587 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Well, I'll be sure to ask him the next time I want an informed opinion on US politics. Also, I'll consult Julia Roberts for all my future medical problems, and Britney Spears for all my financial consulting rolleyes.

Next up: Alec Baldwin with important advice on anger management.

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Dntsycnt

• friend
Don't forget Mel Gibson for spiritual counseling.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
And Jamie Lynn Spears for chastity advice....  laugh
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

agricola

• friend
Don't forget Mel Gibson for spiritual counseling.

isnt Gibson a Republican? 
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

Dntsycnt

• friend
I believe he follows the Alcoholic party.

agricola

• friend
I believe he follows the Alcoholic party.

Either that or the Death to Britain party... its sad, one would have thought he would have forgiven us for invading and occupying nearly every one of the countries he has filmed in / has family members from.  Some people are just bitter, I guess.

"Make peace, you fools"

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
I'm not comfortable with the idea of Palin cracking lipstick jokes with Putin.  Of course, all she'll have to do is take one look at his crucifix and she'll know that he's an honest man.

Huh?

A reference to GWB stating once he looked into Putin's eyes and knew he was an honest man, I think.

OK, but what does that have to do with a crucifix?  I wasn't aware that Putin had pretenses of piety. 

Nor do I understand the apparent implication that Palin is an air-head. 

Again, I say Huh?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Marvin Dao

OK, but what does that have to do with a crucifix?  I wasn't aware that Putin had pretenses of piety. 

Nor do I understand the apparent implication that Palin is an air-head. 

Again, I say Huh?

http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200503/starobin

From outward signs at least, Putin is a religious man.

Wildalaska

• friend
Who's Matt damon?
I'm just a condescending, supercilious,  pompous ass .But then again, my opinion is as irrelevant as yours, and keep in mind kids, it's only the internet! If I bug ya that much, ignore me. Anyway, need something? Call me at 800/992-4570.
?If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers?

http://www.hyperarts.com/pynchon/gravity/index.html

http://www.therealwildalaska.com/blog/

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Who's Matt damon?

Some hollywierd pretty boy who don't know jack.

But, but, but, HE'S FAMOUS!  rolleyes

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Wildalaska

• friend
But, but, but, HE'S FAMOUS!  rolleyes

So are the guys with pics hanging up in the Post Office and I don't pay attention to their opinions either *snark snark* grin
I'm just a condescending, supercilious,  pompous ass .But then again, my opinion is as irrelevant as yours, and keep in mind kids, it's only the internet! If I bug ya that much, ignore me. Anyway, need something? Call me at 800/992-4570.
?If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers?

http://www.hyperarts.com/pynchon/gravity/index.html

http://www.therealwildalaska.com/blog/

Waitone

• friend
Years ago Jane Fonda sponsored a school in Hollywood to train up and coming actors on the proper way to do things like conduct interviews, dress, speak and so forth.  A healthy component of the class work was the proper political stance to take on various issues.  Evidently up and coming actors signal their intent to be part of the system by going public on their political stances.  I am quite positive the Matt was one of the pupils as was his sidekick Ben Afleck.

To paraphrase the Blond Bomber, "Matt, shut up and act".
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Dntsycnt

• friend

It was not just Putin's pretty eyes that convinced Bush of Putin's outstanding character.  He made good note of the crucifix Putin wore, and how it assured him Putin was a trustworthy man.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
I did not know that.  But if you think Bush really meant that...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
Look up Putin sometime. He's got some highly-advanced belt in some far-eastern martial art, highest level for a non-oriental, IIRC. This guy tranqs tigers during his vacations, and invades small former Soviet bloc nations whenever he's bored. He sends bombers and battleships into our hemisphere whenever he pleases. He's ex-KGB. I believe he once threatened to castrate reporters.
Now, does America's favorite community organizer come anywhere close to that pedigree?
And Joe Biden vs Putin?
That's scary.

Dntsycnt

• friend
I'm quite glad none of our candidates share Putin's resume.  I want a thug president no more than I want a "hockey mom".

MicroBalrog

• friend
Look up Putin sometime. He's got some highly-advanced belt in some far-eastern martial art, highest level for a non-oriental, IIRC. This guy tranqs tigers during his vacations, and invades small former Soviet bloc nations whenever he's bored. He sends bombers and battleships into our hemisphere whenever he pleases. He's ex-KGB. I believe he once threatened to castrate reporters.
Now, does America's favorite community organizer come anywhere close to that pedigree?
And Joe Biden vs Putin?
That's scary.

Its Judo. He also hunts and fishes.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

agricola

• friend
And Joe Biden vs Putin?
That's scary.

If Putin were American, he would probably be quite popular in some circles here  grin
"Make peace, you fools"

MicroBalrog

• friend
""Russian aircraft  strike, and will continue to strike in Chechnya only against terrorist bases, and it will continue wherever the terrorist are. We will chase them everywhere. If they're in the airport - we'll get them at the airport. If we catch them in the toilet, we'll waste them on the crapper, too. That's all. Question closed."

(c) Putin 2006
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Iain

• friend
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

onebigelf

Do we turn now to ACTORS for political opinion?  What amazes me is that an actor's views are considered relevant or important.  Next thing you know we'll be turning to...  reporters.

John

longeyes

• friend
Regarding my Russia and America as future allies remark, check back in ten years.

Putin's a thug, but he loves Russia.   

We have a lot of "nice" people who don't much love America.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Do we turn now to ACTORS for political opinion?  What amazes me is that an actor's views are considered relevant or important.  Next thing you know we'll be turning to...  reporters.

John

The reporters already tell us what to think.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.