Author Topic: Palin interview excerpts  (Read 16086 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: Palin interview excerpts
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
I think saying another set of beliefs is "irrational" etc is a rather poor way to attempt to foster debate dntsycnt. The example of mocking a deranged paulistinian is again more of an insult than an attempt at debate.

"You're wrong" is fine, "Your beliefs are ludicrous and I doubt the mental stability of anyone who holds them" is neither useful nor polite.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
To address the end times "nuts" think not being constructive:  I believe it is constructive. 

I didn't just say it's not constructive.  It's also a stupid thing to say.  I have asked you to explain what is so "nuts" about a belief that the world will end.  And I really would like to see you try to defend that absurd point of view.  Have at.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
To address the end times "nuts" think not being constructive:  I believe it is constructive. 

I didn't just say it's not constructive.  It's also a stupid thing to say.  I have asked you to explain what is so "nuts" about a belief that the world will end.  And I really would like to see you try to defend that absurd point of view.  Have at.

It's also a faith based assumption. Which makes it as a viewpoint that disparages faith, hypocritical as well as unconstructive.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

Dntsycnt

• friend
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
Yes...how could beliefs based off of an ancient acid trip about three headed dragons and magical men flying back to earth and palaces built of gold be considered absurd?  How could the notion of people suddenly disappearing and being zapped to a meeting with a grand magician be absurd?  How idiotic of me.

The fact that you don't find it self evidently absurd says a good deal toward your frame of mind concerning this issue, which is why I have so far not responded to your pointless question.  No matter what I say, you will respond that I don't understand your views, then go pat yourself on the back for your Enlightened perspective, shaking your head that I should be so blind.

Thankfully, I have never listened to or considered the arguments for such things, and have no concept of what could be metaphorical because I have my Faith in Nothing to close my mind.  I'll go weep and flagellate myself in the name of Not Believing.

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
...because I have my Faith in Nothing to close my mind.  I'll go weep and flagellate myself in the name of Not Believing.

Indeed you do. Welcome to the faith community by the way.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
...because I have my Faith in Nothing to close my mind.  I'll go weep and flagellate myself in the name of Not Believing.

Indeed you do. Welcome to the faith community by the way.

laugh
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
Yes...how could beliefs based off of an ancient acid trip about three headed dragons and magical men flying back to earth and palaces built of gold be considered absurd?  How could the notion of people suddenly disappearing and being zapped to a meeting with a grand magician be absurd?  How idiotic of me.

The fact that you don't find it self evidently absurd says a good deal toward your frame of mind concerning this issue, which is why I have so far not responded to your pointless question.  No matter what I say, you will respond that I don't understand your views, then go pat yourself on the back for your Enlightened perspective, shaking your head that I should be so blind.

Thankfully, I have never listened to or considered the arguments for such things, and have no concept of what could be metaphorical because I have my Faith in Nothing to close my mind.  I'll go weep and flagellate myself in the name of Not Believing.

I'm not interested in whether you understand my views.  I'm interested in knowing why it is "nuts" to think that the world could end.  If there is something irrational about it, I would like to know, so I can stop believing in it. 

But if it makes any difference to you, Sarah Palin probably doesn't believe there will be any three-headed dragons or magicians involved.  At least I've never met any Christians that did.  Don't recall any gold palaces, either, but that could just be me. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2005, 10:18:52 PM »
Personally, I think it's more interesting to understand why this thread just ended...

'tards.

That's why.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.