Author Topic: Father hits naked boyfriend in daughters bedroom, now the DAD is facing charges?  (Read 52757 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
Or she will throw a shoe at you.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

MicroBalrog

• friend
The father in the OP has been cleared of wrongdoing. Whether you believe/trust him or not is irrelevant.

I did not know he was cleared. I apologize, I missed fistful's post.

Regardless, as I stated previously, I believe he should have been cleared based on the facts of the case. Whether or not I believe or trust him is irrelevant, indeed, except to my moral judgment of the situation.

I explicitly stated that my opinion does not pertain very much to the OP. I apologize for derailing the thread, though I insist I was not discussing anybody's sexual mores, but rather what I perceived, perhaps wrongly and rashly, as the opinion of some posters that it would be correct to employ lethal force even outside the bounds of self-defense (e.g. in any situation where you spot someone with your offspring).
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

The Annoyed Man

i hope you have lots of kids girls! and that they are just like you!

mtnbkr

• friend
You guys aren't "sex positive" enough.

Chris

MicroBalrog

• friend
You guys aren't "sex positive" enough.

Chris

What does this have to do with your approach to sex?

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages

In my view, if you see a person having sex with your 17-year-old daughter, then the proper response is to close the door and get out, unless you have indication that the act is violent. Though the law may permit it it in your locality, it doesn't seem moral to me to use lethal force just because you think 'this looks suspicious' (and generally when two people are having sex, it's rather obvious if it is a rape).

If you actually know that the person is not a rapist and is just your daughter's classmate doing what young men in that age, and still go after the young man with a steel pipe, then that's just deranged.

You don't have any kids, do you?
The last thing I need is my daughter getting knocked up, or an incurable STD while living under my roof.  I will do my damndest to educate her.  But I'm not going to stand by while some future baby daddy pokes her in my house!  He will get run out, with force if necessary!
The same goes for evil spawn number one.....if I catch him with a young lady under my roof, I will pry them apart, tan his ass with a belt, tape his eyelids in the open position and make him watch several hours of movies about STD's and Pregnancy. 
Children do not have reproductive rights. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

MicroBalrog

• friend
...me having no children is relevant, how?

And sixteen-year-olds are not children. For them to have sex is legal where I live, as well as 40 of the 50 states. Your own home state appears to be Virginia, where the age is 15.

Regardless, again, the question is not where it is okay for 16-year-olds to have sex, but whether it is okay to use lethal force against them for this.

wmenorr67

• friend

And sixteen-year-olds are not children. For them to have sex is legal where I live, as well as 40 of the 50 states.

What he is saying is that a lot of people's attitudes about things seem to change once they move out of Mommy and Daddy's basement, get married and have children of their own.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

MicroBalrog

• friend

And sixteen-year-olds are not children. For them to have sex is legal where I live, as well as 40 of the 50 states.

What he is saying is that a lot of people's attitudes about things seem to change once they move out of Mommy and Daddy's basement, get married and have children of their own.

Which doesn't render their opinion better. Mind, my father's policy is roughly equivalent to mine - he had no problem with me bring young ladies under his roof when I was 17.

wmenorr67

• friend

Which doesn't render their opinion better. Mind, my father's policy is roughly equivalent to mine - he had no problem with me bring young ladies under his roof when I was 17.

But did he know you were doing it or did you hide it behind his back?  That is a big difference.

Jamisjockey

• friend

They sure are children.  Legal or not, my two spawn are mine and I will do everything possible to raise them right.  That includes trying to prevent her

from being pregnant at 16

or him

from being a loser baby-daddy without a future at 16.

Our society expects kids to grow up so fast.  What ever happened to just letting them be kids?  
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

MicroBalrog

• friend

But did he know you were doing it or did you hide it behind his back?  That is a big difference.

Why would I need to hide behind his back?

Jamisjockey

• friend

He might have rethought that policy if you had become a baby daddy at 17.  Sure puts a damper on doing something with your life when you've got an extra mouth to feed right out of the starting blocks.
JD

MicroBalrog

• friend
Legal or not, my two spawn are mine and I will do everything possible to raise them right.

Look. AGAIN. I am not intending to criticize people who think they need to avoid their teenage offspring having sex.

I am merely suggesting that lethal force is not the right way to do it.

And you know, there ARE ways of preventing pregnancy. My Dad was big on reminding me to use condoms.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
I believe he should have been cleared based on the facts of the case.

And I believe that this is what happened.  Since the details of the case were perhaps marginal, they went ahead and arrested pending investigation and consideration(possibly before a grand jury).

That he was secretly in the house, in my mind at least, is enough to trigger the first part - him being there illegally.  It's not the daughter's residence.  She KNEW the boy wouldn't be approved to be there, so she helped him sneak in.  He KNEW he was sneaking in.

As for hitting the kid in the head of the pipe - we don't know if the daughter was presenting for some athletic position while the kid was standing on the bed, or if she was under the covers, asleep and he was getting ready to go to the bathroom or get dressed to sneak out, or if the article has a mistatement and the kid was actually standing by the bed, not on it.

I figure all those details came up during the investigation; most of which we have absolutely no information about.

HankB

• friend
Daughter was underage. Stranger was naked in her room. Best case scenario for our naked Lothario, assuming he was invited in by the underage girl and their actions were consensual - statutory rape. And this charge fits even if the perp is himself underage. (And don't say they were only playing "You show me yours, and I'll show you mine."  rolleyes )

Given the circumstances, the father's actions were quite restrained, and in no way criminal.

It would appear prosecutors agree.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
Daughter was underage.

Depending on state, the fact that the boy was underage as well might actually make it not statutory rape.

For example, in North Dakota:
3.  When criminality depends on the victim being a minor fifteen years of age or older,
the actor is guilty of an offense only if the actor is at least three years older than the
minor.
Florida:
(1)  A person 24 years of age or older who engages in sexual activity with a person 16 or 17 years of age commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. As used in this section, "sexual activity" means oral, anal, or vaginal penetration by, or union with, the sexual organ of another; however, sexual activity does not include an act done for a bona fide medical purpose.
Nebraska:
(1) A person commits sexual assault of a child in the second or third degree if he or she subjects another person fourteen years of age or younger to sexual contact and the actor is at least nineteen years of age or older.

We don't have the age of the daughter, so assuming she was at least 15, as long as he's under 18(and we know he was), it wouldn't be SR under the laws of North Dakota, Florida, and Nebraska*.

As far as I know, most state's SR laws have stuff like this.  So, no, in general a couple of minors of the about the same age screwing aren't committing SR.

*I have been a resident of the above states, but I don't claim to be a lawyer, laws were pulled from state websites.

Jamisjockey

• friend
Legal or not, my two spawn are mine and I will do everything possible to raise them right.

Look. AGAIN. I am not intending to criticize people who think they need to avoid their teenage offspring having sex.

I am merely suggesting that lethal force is not the right way to do it.

And you know, there ARE ways of preventing pregnancy. My Dad was big on reminding me to use condoms.

Yeah, that works.
 rolleyes
There is only one form of birth control that works.
JD

MicroBalrog

• friend
Yeah, that works.

Yeah, you know, a physical barrier between the two partners decreases the chances of pregnancy.

You're... joking, right?

Jamisjockey

• friend
Yeah, that works.

Yeah, you know, a physical barrier between the two partners decreases the chances of pregnancy.

You're... joking, right?

Yes, I was joking.  The only form of birth control that works is abstience.  Obviously I intend to educate my children fully on thier options and the consequences of bad choices.  But I'm not willing to tolerate allowing a teenage partner to visit them in my house without supervision.  No, I'm not going to whack some kid with a steel pipe.  But I'm going to remind him or her in a quick and unplesant fashion that they are not welcome in my casa.
JD

wmenorr67

• friend
Jamis beat me to it.

MicroBalrog

• friend
My view, and my policy on Junior, when he/she will be born has been stated in the past:

I will explain to him/her/it that the only 100% birth control is avoiding vaginal sex altogether. I will however be also cognizant of the fact that teenagers had been having sex since the dawn of man and will educate him/her about his/her options for STD prevention and birth control. If he or she will get a boyfriend or girlfriend, if that person is not a complete filthy gang-banger or some other person I disapprove of, they will be encouraged to bring them over, and will be allowed to have privacy in Junior's room, after Junior reaches a certain age.

Regardless, even if it is a person I disapprove of, I will not take to attacking him with lethal force. My disagreement with you is only as to that point, and that point alone. I respect your choice otherwise.

Jamisjockey

• friend
My view, and my policy on Junior, when he/she will be born has been stated in the past:

I will explain to him/her/it that the only 100% birth control is avoiding vaginal sex altogether. I will however be also cognizant of the fact that teenagers had been having sex since the dawn of man and will educate him/her about his/her options for STD prevention and birth control. If he or she will get a boyfriend or girlfriend, if that person is not a complete filthy gang-banger or some other person I disapprove of, they will be encouraged to bring them over, and will be allowed to have privacy in Junior's room, after Junior reaches a certain age.

Regardless, even if it is a person I disapprove of, I will not take to attacking him with lethal force. My disagreement with you is only as to that point, and that point alone. I respect your choice otherwise.

No, I'm not going to whack some kid with a steel pipe.  But I'm going to remind him or her in a quick and unplesant fashion that they are not welcome in my casa.  
JD

MicroBalrog

• friend
That's quite cool with me. Not what I would do, but cool with me.

Manedwolf

• friend
Yeah, that works.

You're... joking, right?

I don't consider it wise to trust one's life and future to a thin film product manufactured at the lowest possible cost.

I am IN the medical industry. I read the journals that come in. It's almost a joke how little regulation of microscopic flaws there are for those as opposed to surgical films.

And sorry, but everytime I've seen the product of overly permissive parents, they've been one messed-up kid. And I used to teach in summers. I could see which were heading for trouble because their parents wanted to be their friend instead of an authority figure.