Author Topic: Pro President OR ELSE on TFL  (Read 8812 times)

telewinz

• friend
Pro President OR ELSE on TFL
« on: September 25, 2005, 09:34:42 AM »
I guess Rich Lucibella on the Firing Line is a little touchy about criticizing Bush.  I'll admit that over the past 18 months my opinion of Bush has done a complete 180, I find his presidency to be a tremendous lost opportunity devoid of any positive/meaningful leadership.  I feel this country is worse off with him at the helm, in fact I believe it is quite possible that with the office vacant we would be in better shape.  None the less,  I think it's sad that Rich has to resort to censureship, I am certainly no harder on Bush than TFL (and Rich) was on Clinton.  He didn't even have the character to email me.  I guess absolute power....(fill in the blank Rich).  BTW: I've been a staunch supporter of the GOP for 35 years, rarely voted democrat and NEVER for President.
Career Corrections

atek3

• friend
    • http://www.geocities.com/atek128/Welcome.html
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 10:10:58 AM »
I just went and checked out the threads over on TFL, talk about heavy handed.  Start a new account and post similar polls about kofi annan or Gerhard Schroder, I guarantee those won't be shut down.

atek3

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005, 10:18:53 AM »
Rich Lucibella is probably about 4' 10" and similarly configured elsewhere.  His idea of responding to criticism is to silence it.  He would make a great totalitarian in some banana republic somewhere.  My understanding is if you are critical of any article in his rag he will proactively cancel your subscription.  Journals dont stay around too long that way.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

telewinz

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005, 10:43:17 AM »
I don't know what the requirements are to be a moderator on the Firing Line, I've read that you just donate enough money and the power is yours but I could be wrong.  None-the-less, Rich closed one thread (anti- Bush, go figure) because he felt since I was against Bush, that met by default that I was maybe proposing the violent overthrow of America.  Now c'mon, ANYONE that has read my past threads (especially on WACO and Ruby Ridge) knows that I am anything but a revolutionary or anti-American!  It's galling but I still have the Armed Polite Society.  It's not the fact that you are small of statue Rich, it's your small mind that galls!
Career Corrections

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2005, 11:01:30 AM »
I don't know what the requirements are to be a moderator on the Firing Line
I think you will find that at least a few mods are shared between THR & TFL.  It would be my guess that they will be along in the not too far future, and can explain how they got the job.

And FWIW, it is my understanding that Rich owns the site.  

Maybe if you could post a link to the closed thread, we could judge.  But, if it is anything like most of the threads, typical Bush-bashing, it probably had some merit to be closed.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2005, 12:12:38 PM »
None of my business.

For the sake of new folks ...

Yes Rich owns the TFL and is Publisher of SWAT.

When Rich closed TFL for a bit, to focus his effort and attention so he , Denny, and others could get SWAT up and running, Rich Challenged TFL members to go forth and do better than the bar raised by TFL for all Forums that Promoted Responsible Firearm Ownership.

Many sites were started, one of which is THR, Oleg, stepped up to the challenge, Derek stepped up and did the server, many folks from TFL became Staff and moderators, many still perform duties not only on THR, TFL , but other Forums as well.

This site, APS, was born from the Roundtable Forum at THR. Concerns of not promoting the Goals of THR, resulted in Oleg, and others to pay out of their pocket , to provide a place for folks whom are like minded to discuss those subjects not condusive to the Goals of THR.

Rules of Conduct for THR came from TFL, many other sites also use TFL as an example. Clearly stated, respective forums are run by Rich/ Oleg, if you want to be a guest, abide by the guest rules. IF not, you are welcome to establish your own site.

Forum Etiquettes- if you will, suggest one is to PM/ Email The Staff member if one has a question about any actions. It is also not proper form to discuss other sites way of doing things.

As Prefaced, none of my business, just information to those new to forums is all.

Yes we have Moderators here on APS that are in fact Staff/ Mods on THR, TFL or both. Elsewhere as well.

Regards,

Steve

Justin

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2005, 01:02:17 PM »
Just when I think he can't go any lower as a hateful, braying jackanape, The Rabbi goes and proves me wrong.  I'm going to guess that you were banned from TFL.  'Nuf said.

Telewinz, I'm a mod at THR which, as stated before, has some crossover among the moderator staff with TFL.

While I am admittedly not plugged into the mod culture of TFL, I have never heard anything even remotely close to what you claim said by any of the mods.  So far as I know, being a mod at TFL is a volunteer job, just like at THR.

On a personal note, I have spoken and corresponded with Rich Lucibella a handful of times, and have never found him to be anything less than professional and upstanding.
Your secretary is not a graphic designer, and Microsoft Word is not adequate for print design.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2005, 01:15:28 PM »
Sometimes it's not what is said, it's how it's said.  Things political can get emotional and may begin to lead down a path which ruffles feathers more than creating thoughtful conversation.  TFL represents responsible firearm owners and there is an image that is important in that regard.  There are many who look in and make judgements accordingly.
I have no problem with mods intervening.  That's what they are there for.  I mean no disrespect for the passion of the previous posters.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2005, 01:20:56 PM »
We've been pretty succesful at APS *not* being the place to bitch about other boards. I'd sure like it to stay that way, if possible.

telewinz

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2005, 01:23:55 PM »
it will, I had to vent.
Career Corrections

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2005, 01:40:05 PM »
Gotcha.

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2005, 01:40:14 PM »
I don't know what the requirements are to be a moderator on the Firing Line, I've read that you just donate enough money and the power is yours but I could be wrong.
About 30 seconds of investigation would have shown you that about half of the mods over there are at least posting members of THR and most of the other half have been posting on TFL for *years*, much longer that Rich has owned SWAT.

I understand why you didnt bother to verify anything you said, afterall that would have taken valuable seconds away from your pointless ranting.

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2005, 01:43:52 PM »
Let's just let it die, huh?

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2005, 01:51:29 PM »
Well one could always visit this forum : http://www.firearmsalliance.org/phpBB2/index.php
Word is the Mod in the Events Forum is "allright".
Take the venting out in the form of a donation so a kid could go shooting...

Tongue

[edit- semicolon captial P... semicolon captial P...semi]

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2005, 02:46:00 PM »
Ha! She didn't vote for Bush, either! Smiley

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2005, 02:47:46 PM »
What the hell are you whining about now?

Did Rich pull a post of yours?

The big question YOU have to answer is what was in it?

I see a lot of other posts you've made on the subject of the president that are still there, so until you show cause otherwise, I'm dubious about your claims.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Zundfolge

• friend
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2005, 03:05:00 PM »
I feel this country is worse off with him at the helm
Worse off then with Gore or Kerry?

I'm not a big fan of W but when you compare him to the options, I'm glad we have him instead of Algore or Fuckface.

As for TFL, its Rich's site ... he makes the rules. Even though I'm not a big fan of W I'm tired of the Bush bashing from the LP types and other non leftists... all that does is empower the democrats and other lefties.

telewinz

• friend
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2005, 03:35:05 PM »
"I understand why you didnt bother to verify anything you said, afterall that would have taken valuable seconds away from your pointless ranting."
"I see a lot of other posts you've made on the subject of the president that are still there, so until you show cause otherwise, I'm dubious about your claims."

Dubious? Whining (I've NEVER complained to a mod)? Spare me your emotional attack.  If you can't convince them Censure them.  I no longer have the "privilege" to post on TFL or even email.  It strikes me as a very low blow since we seldom agree on political points or the wisdom or outcome of the Iraq War (some might call my views "unpopular" and "unpleasant" to contemplate or "flaming").  In short I believe Bush is an incompetent leader whom the dems could best portray as Elmer Fudd (with hair) in a political cartoon/ad.  My Last word, censorship works...in the short run.  

What was it I remember TFL posters saying about CNN?  Something like the Clinton News Network, guess it's different when it's TFL and a Republican President.  sm:  thanks for the web site there is a shortcut on my desktop.
Career Corrections

Ron

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2005, 03:37:31 PM »
I have a good friend who is very non political, never has voted at 40yrs old.

Even he as has taken to saying (with tongue in cheek) it's all Bushs fault.  

Even the non political types mock the anti Bush fervor some demonstrate.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2005, 03:39:43 PM »
A-ha!

I no longer have the "privilege" to post on TFL or even email.
That's why he's pissed off and bad-mouthing a sister forum. Wink
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

telewinz

• friend
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2005, 03:49:12 PM »
"That's why he's pissed off and bad-mouthing a sister forum."

Well, duh.

And not a sister forum, just the heavy handedness and bias of the owner

telewinz, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Career Corrections

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2005, 03:57:38 PM »
I'm glad we have him instead of Algore or Fuckface.
Well, that's the way to keep it on the high road rolleyes
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

tyme

• expat
  • friend
  • Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks?
    • TFL Library
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2005, 04:18:25 PM »
I don't know what the requirements are to be a moderator on the Firing Line, I've read that you just donate enough money and the power is yours but I could be wrong.
Identify your source.  This is some of the more amusing nonsense I've heard.  It does nothing but prove that you don't know Rich and that you're a gossip queen.
Support Range Voting.
End Software Patents

"Four people are dead.  There isn't time to talk to the police."  --Sherlock (BBC)

telewinz

• friend
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2005, 04:26:43 PM »
"but I could be wrong."

Yes, I don't know Rich and never said I did.  Gossip Queen...now that's a convincing argument.
Career Corrections

tyme

• expat
  • friend
  • Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks?
    • TFL Library
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2005, 04:32:18 PM »
I've read that you just donate enough money and the power is yours but I could be wrong.
That's called gossip, and people who spread gossip without corroboration are called gossip queens.

I can pretty much guarantee that you were banned because you started a thread by posting an inappropriate image.  I very much doubt it had anything to do with your opinion about Bush.
Support Range Voting.
End Software Patents

"Four people are dead.  There isn't time to talk to the police."  --Sherlock (BBC)