Author Topic: Pro President OR ELSE on TFL  (Read 8811 times)

Larry Ashcraft

• Administrator
Pro President OR ELSE on TFL
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2005, 05:00:52 PM »
Quote from: Justin
On a personal note, I have spoken and corresponded with Rich Lucibella a handful of times, and have never found him to be anything less than professional and upstanding.
Same here.

And what Steve said, none of my business.  BUT, I personally know at least a couple of mods on both sites.  Had them in my home, spoke to them on the phone or both.  What you said about TFL's mods is just plain wrong.  IF you were banned, I would say it was your own fault.  Their living rooms, as they say.

I am surprised Oleg hasn't deleted this thread already.

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2005, 05:01:47 PM »
Ha! She didn't vote for Bush, either! Smiley
Neither did I  Wink

Ya'll want something to cuss, cuss my homework assisgnment. I am "trying" to grasp the concepts of learning Visual Basics thru Online classes only.

Gotta use JavaScript, pseudocode and all that jazz. Suppose to use nouns for inputs and adjectives for outputs. Then they "say" I am supposed to use the verbs and adverbs for the actions required.

I'm a Southern boy, I don't think we have nouns,adjectives, verbs and adverbs down here.  I gots the screen to display "Ya'll come back ya here".

Now getting defining diagram, solution diagram, desk checking and done forgot what else ...

All I wants to do is " read from the screen the length and width of a rectangular farm plot and the length and width of the rectangular barn  that has been built on the plot. The alogrithm should then compute and display the mowing time to cut the grass around the barn at the rate of two square miles per minute".

Okay I do that...or I did something.
Dunno what happened, screen shows...somehow a bull done come onto my plot, and I get the famer bailing off the John Deere running for cover...last seen the John Deere was heading toward the pond, bull head down and gaining round.

I cannot wait until I try to input "saucer and blowed coffee" and the ashtray is supposed to "tump" over...

Shotguns are so much easier to "input" and get desired "outputs".

;P

btw how is my thread drift to get this topic forgotten?

Larry Ashcraft

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2005, 05:13:23 PM »
Quote from: sm
"Ya'll come back ya here".
Steve,

it's "hear".

And I agree, let's hijack this here (hear) thread.

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2005, 05:27:53 PM »
Larry...

Well I just did not edit fast enough now did I? Wink

You try typing on Notepad, with "<" , " >" "if", "dowhile" , "endif"  and other fun stuff, tabbing entries and such. Makes my head hurt. I'd...I'd almost rather do the Access database stuff. Just the Visual Basic is due first...

And folks new to English just thing pare, pair , pear, here, hear....are confusing...

Any Bait shops in CO need a fella to run 'em?  

Just my luck I'd get caught in a wooden cane pole vs graphite bream rod debate...

Larry Ashcraft

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2005, 05:49:18 PM »
Hi, Jack!

Hey, we had dinner with Smoke Rizen and his wife tonight (last of the green beans with a ham hock, and some of the best tomatoes ever) and we were talking about Tulsa.

You will be there, right?

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2005, 06:00:16 PM »
Ya'll want something to cuss, cuss my homework assisgnment. I am "trying" to grasp the concepts of learning Visual Basics thru Online classes only.
Child's play.  I'd take online courses over the Asian grad student teacher who can't understand English and whose class is at 8 am and who is trying to teach us asembly anyday

" read from the screen the length and width of a rectangular farm plot and the length and width of the rectangular barn  that has been built on the plot. The alogrithm should then compute and display the mowing time to cut the grass around the barn at the rate of two square miles per minute"
Four input boxes, one for each dimension.  Take the area of the plot, subtract the area of the barn, and then divide by the time to mow a certain amout of grass, which appears to be 2 sq mi/ minuet (damn fast lawnmower, if I may say so)
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2005, 06:11:24 PM »
Tulsa...

I did tell one instructor I would need to attend some "licensure renewals" come spring of '06. It is not good for me to project, planning is okay. I do have to renew my Res CCW, my Non-Res FL is due the following year...

Tulsa falls under "licensure" in case you are wondering...

Long term: I  am just trying to make it to Wednesday of this coming week. Short terrm : get this blasted assignment to work tonight so I can email it in. Then one after that for Monday evening, and Chapter 5 test on Tues, lab skills following the test. Been awhile since I actually  played with Single Mode Fiber Optic , and made patch  cables.

I think next time I attend Tulsa - I need to get a room. I started that last trip in the early am, drove to Tulsa,[ ~ 4 hrs]  attended all day, and drove back. [~ 4 hrs again].

I must be getting old....

grampster

• friend
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2005, 06:17:47 PM »
sm, sm, sm.....COLON CAPITAL P, NOT SEMICOLON CAPITAL P.  Tongue
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2005, 06:26:14 PM »
The homework,

Well...
Seems the thing works in IE.  
Getting it to work in Firefox (which I seem to be the only student using Firefox) - got a glitch in the get-along.

One student ran accross a problem using his Mac. ( only student using a Mac). His will work on his GFs PC, not on the Mac. Seems Safari is more mean to him that Firefox is to me.

Is it too late to go back to Big Indian notebooks and Fat Pencils?  

Sigh...

Some stuff I see real easy, I usually see the hard stuff and new concepts. Some stuff, I admit, I have to work some stuff some find easy.

I decided to try another problem.

Plan G - check all my variable and make sure all are the same.

Err...I bet the "if" and "else" statements are supposed to be lowercase aren't they? cASe SeNsiTive - huh?  I read that part in the hardcopy text stuff -  then how come stupid me used all Caps...oh...I was looking at a online handout that was done that way.

< slaps forehead>

I'll be hiding in Notepad if anyone needs me...

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2005, 06:46:21 PM »
grampster -

yeah, yeah , yeah I know.

I am logged into 3 classes, ( amongst other places) trying to remember my username and passwords, how each class forum is supposed to work...some want "{quote}" and some want "{QUOTE}"  ( yeah I know the "{}" are supposed to be "[]" ) , the smilies are all different- some I have to use email - which is yet another usename (s) / password(s) , some I have to use the forum PM dealie, some stuff has to be sent in via WebCt, some thru Moodle...I have 8 browers open...I am tired, ticked off because I cannot see the obvious, my coffee tastes awful, I ran out of the new Oreo cookies, ( shortbread kinda with the chocolate icing in the middle)  and my Zippo needs a new wick, flint, and fluid refill.

Not complaining - really I am not. I signed up for all this knowing what all was required. I am actually enoying learning all this stuff.  

There is always someone worse off and in worse shape than I am. Gratitude if you will.

I gots a new dealie of  classic Oreos, time for a cookie break I say!

First thing I learned about 'Puters...I control the sucker. 'Puter does  not control me. I can turn it off, disconnect from Internet, and for me...I can close the laptop and stick it in a  desk all alone in the dark it can sit.

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

grampster

• friend
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2005, 06:53:30 PM »
Swmbo made some pumpkin bread yesterday.  Oh, man, it defies description.  I'll go have a piece right now in your honor.  Slathered in butter.  Maybe I'll toast one piece.

PS  If you'll note above, my little jab at you has an edit.  It's because I did a colon and small p---heh heh heh.

Illigitimi non carborundum est, my friend.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Zundfolge

• friend
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2005, 06:55:26 PM »
Quote from: jefnvk
I'm glad we have him instead of Algore or Fuckface.
Well, that's the way to keep it on the high road rolleyes
1. This isn't The High Road Tongue
2. My use of the terms Algore and Fuckface was reference to the recently closed Kim du Toit blog ... I guess I figured most of the folks here would get the reference.

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2005, 07:52:54 PM »
Ah, did not know that, although I can completely believe it having read parts of his stuff.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2005, 08:03:33 PM »
"I've read that you just donate enough money and the power is yours but I could be wrong."

You know, that might be the source of your problem.

Posting gossip without attribution.

I'm fortunate enough to personally know a couple of the moderators on TFL, and call one friend. To a man they say that Rich has NEVER accepted money from them. I'll believe them before I believe anyone else, so I can only say that I find your quasi-assertion/allegation to be totally without merit.

As I also noted, your claim of censorship is rather weak given that there are quite a few of your posts still on TFL.

"Spare me your emotional attack."

Oh please. Pot, kettle, black? Ring any bells?

No?

"It's not the fact that you are small of statue Rich, it's your small mind that galls!"

That's emotional, boyo, and it's not the only emotional pander to which you've resorted.

Now, I've e-mailed you a little note that you might find to be of great interest given one of your other assertions.

Check your e-mail. ALL of your e-mail addresses.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

telewinz

• friend
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2005, 12:12:09 AM »
"you were banned because you started a thread by posting an inappropriate image"

A tatoo of Elmer Fudd on a person's hairy butt?  Yep, banning sure is appropriate.  My last word.

NO email or private message from Rich.
Career Corrections

Art Eatman

• friend
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2005, 03:01:25 AM »
"...even if you're doing your best to agree with him."

Consider the ancient saying, "It is not your duty to understand me.  It is my duty to make myself understood."  That's a two-way street.  Rich had no obligation to understand you.  It is your obligation to be intelligible to him.

I've been moderating for some six years, now.  That's a helluva lot of posts to have read, at both TFL and THR.  I've seen vast numbers of arguments and even flame wars over this very problem of understanding or misunderstanding what somebody really meant in a post.

Shifting emphasis:  I used to get a table at a gunshow on a fairly regularly basis, back in the 1970s/1980s.  Among dealers, there was regular laughter at these creatures we called "Camo Queens" or "Gunshow Commandos".  You've seen them:  Puffy, overweight creatures, dressed in pseudo-military fashion and carrying some para-military rifle around the show and "looking bad"...

So I get  on the Internet and discover Keyboard Commandos, all macho in typewritten postings.  They alternate between bragging about how "bad" they are and spouting put-downs of anybody who seems to know more about reality than they do.

Lots of amusement in this old world...

Smiley, Art
The American Indians learned what happens when you don't control immigration.

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2005, 04:25:43 AM »
Quote from: Blackburn
He's obviously a talented businessman, but Rich can't lose an argument. He also will go out of his way to perceive you as taking some bizarre side in an issue, even if you're doing your best to agree with him. I've experienced it. Remember when I posted asking if anyone here knew what it's like to try to debate a woman?
I do my best to ignore him and that seems to work out OK.  Debate is fruitless.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2005, 04:44:47 AM »
"NO e-mail from Rich..."

Well then maybe you want to get in touch with him. Rich@swatmag.com, I believe.

Tell me, did you get an e-mail from me? I sent it to your AOL address, i.e., your address of record at TFL, I believe.

"but Rich can't lose an argument."

You know, Rich and I have had several very nasty, and very public, disagreements on TFL over the years, and I'm still posting there. I've also won arguments/discussions/disagreements with him, and I've also lost arguments/discussions/disagreements with him. If you're willing to debate honestly, make your case succinctly, and can provide backup for any claims you make or the rational for your opinions, you'll do just fine there, or at any posting board, for that matter.

Debate is only fruitless if you have no solid ground on which to stand.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Justin

• friend
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2005, 06:33:34 AM »
Ok, telewinz, you posted inappropriate material on TFL, evidently flamed the board and got banned for it.

And your response is to go to a different forum, carp about the fact you were banned, and then deliberately spread misinformation and rumors about TFL's staff.  On top of that, you don't even post a link to the thread that you got banned for, which tells me that you probably know that the content was inapropriate for TFL.

Methinks that you and TFL weren't a good fit for each other, and perhaps you should just go find another forum.
Your secretary is not a graphic designer, and Microsoft Word is not adequate for print design.

USP45usp

• friend
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2005, 09:11:06 AM »
Sad.

I thought he (Rich) was getting "softer" in his old age.  He seemed alot tougher when TFL first started and then went off-line for awhile.

I had a big arguement with him right before the board went down.  He didn't ban me and welcomed me back with open arms when the board came back up.

Same as here, Oleg has banned me from THR (my fault, I was being a butt) but welcomed me here at APS with open arms.

As for anti-Bush comments, posts, I see them all the time over there.

All Rich wants is for everyone to back up their posts with facts if something that is said needs to be shown as true, not internet gossip.  

He also wants you to respect the forum rules (you know, those things that will get you banned in no time flat, I know Sad ) and the members.

I would bet that you were emailed by one of the Staff before you were banned (unless it was really grievous) but just kept on going with what you were doing.

Wayne

telewinz

• friend
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2005, 12:31:42 PM »
"Tell me, did you get an e-mail from me? I sent it to your AOL address, i.e., your address of record at TFL, I believe. "

Yes I did and I responded.  It must be a judgment thing...a tatoo of Elmer Fudd on a hairy butt!?
Career Corrections

« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2005, 02:44:51 PM »
Well, I think there's only one way to solve this problem.

We'll have to see the picture. Smiley

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2005, 03:11:41 PM »
Quote from: Blackburn
Quote from: Mike Irwin
"NO e-mail from Rich..."

Debate is only fruitless if you have no solid ground on which to stand.
It's fruitless when you're saying one thing and someone else insists you are saying another, you explain what you are actually saying very clearly, they follow the topic drift, and then suddenly take what you're talking about now and twist it back to what was being talked about at the beginning and tell you that you're full of hyperbole.
Blackburn, take it from me: it's fruitless.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2005, 03:15:41 PM »
Funny, Blackburn, I've never had that problem with Mr. Lucibella, and as I note, I've gone hammer and tong with him on numerous occasions.

Not sure what your problem might be, but I know what the problem isn't.

The Rabbi

• friend
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2005, 03:31:57 PM »
Quote from: Mike Irwin
Funny, Blackburn, I've never had that problem with Mr. Lucibella, and as I note, I've gone hammer and tong with him on numerous occasions.

Not sure what your problem might be, but I know what the problem isn't.
What isnt the problem, Mike?