Author Topic: Sebelius: Obamas race may be a factor  (Read 8182 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Sebelius: Obamas race may be a factor
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2008, 08:36:11 AM »
Obama manages to avoid the use of code language, by using the Spanish language with which to pass on this message:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/detail?blogid=14&entry_id=30479

McCain and his friend Rush, from the campaign that claims its not completely dishonest.

With quotations taken so completely out of context, it's really quite ironic.  The Rush Limbaugh quotation, "shut up or go home," was actually his take on Mexican immigration laws.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2008, 08:39:36 AM »
I admit I have been very, very dense on this issue.  A year ago everyone was saying that, if Obama were nominated, any criticism of him would be dismissed as racism.  No, I thought.  Too easy.  Too obvious. 

I was completely wrong.  Nothing is too low for our left-wing.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MrRezister

• I resist. It's what I do.
  • friend
  • Shank, shank, shank mommy's ankles!
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2008, 08:47:06 AM »
One point a lot of these concerned citizens seem to miss is that about half of the country wouldn't vote for Obama anyway, because of the platform of the Democrat party.  That would be true regardless of his skin color.  So who are the people that they are so concerned about?  The ones that (supposedly) aren't going to turn out to vote for "the black guy"?  Doesn't it have to be Democrats and the ever-important Independents?
He never brought you an unbalanced budget, which is a perennial joke. He never voted himself a wage increase and, to this day, gives back part of his salary every year. He has always voted to preserve the Constitution, cut government spending, lower healthcare costs, end the war on drugs, secure our borders with immigration reform and protect our civil liberties.