Author Topic: LATEST PALIN SCANDAL!!!!!  (Read 6637 times)

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
Re: MAC ID
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2008, 10:26:42 AM »
But, NAT does encapsulate the internal network IP of the requester into the packet headers.  Caches of this information can exist.  It can be separated out by people with the right type of knowledge. 

Networking guy here.  No, NAT doesn't normally contain the internal network address.  It uses the source port to map back to the correct internal address for returning packets, using an internal lookup table/database.  IE port 43562 maps to 192.168.0.5 at the moment.  Port 58927 maps to 192.168.0.3.  Etc...

There are some protocols that would capture and forward on the internal IP address, but they're not part of basic TCP/IP, or UDP/IP.

BTW, turn on your laptop, right click on the wireless NIC, go to properties.  Hit the "configure" button.  You can probably find MAC address imitation (or some other similar wording) in there.

Yep, and there are utilities if that doesn't work.  I also haven't seen a home gateway without the ability to spoof MACs - too many ISPs attempt to lock accounts to the MAC, so in order to enable you to use the router, you have to be able to spoof the device's MAC.

ETA:  Not that it's something that will help this guy.  He's probably got the NSA on his *expletive deleted*ss right now.  He'll get nailed for this, and for kiddie pr0n from 16 year old Czech girls or the like.  He'll be gone for a long time.

I'm half convinced it's a fake.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
Re: LATEST PALIN SCANDAL!!!!!
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2008, 11:40:25 AM »
ya know, it wouldn't have been a bad honeypot to engage and await the inevitable cracker
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2008, 09:01:26 PM »
Tennessee Man Indicted in Hacking of Palin's E-Mail Account
WASHINGTON: A federal grand jury in Tennessee has indicted a man in connection with the hacking of the e-mail account of Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin.

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

A federal grand jury in Tennessee has indicted a man in connection with the hacking of the e-mail account of Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin.

Federal officials say that 20-year-old David Kernell of Knoxville, Tenn., was indicted by a federal grand jury in Knoxville for intentionally accessing without authorization the e-mail account of Palin, Alaska's governor.

Kernell has turned himself in to authorities and is scheduled to be arraigned Wednesday before a magistrate.

Kernell faces a maximum of five years in prison, a $250,000 fine and a three-year term of supervised release.
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2008, 11:27:24 PM »
Probably an innocent oversight that they didn't happen to mention the fact Mr. Kernall is the son of a Democratic politician ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design