Author Topic: Daves not here, A lawsuit against the NRA by Obama  (Read 7282 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Daves not here, A lawsuit against the NRA by Obama
« on: September 25, 2008, 10:13:42 PM »
http://www.thebitchgirls.us/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/obama.pdf

Basically, Obama is trying to force the NRA to stop telling the truth.
1984=2008

Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
Re: Daves not here, A lawsuit against the NRA by Obama
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 03:08:27 AM »

Isn't the NRA saying the same thing Hillary said?
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 03:58:17 AM »
This could be interesting.
If Obama clarifies his "what works in Cheyanne might not work in Chicago" or whatever his garbage is, it could be a good thing for him.

Assuming his clarification is "I'll let the states figure out what they want to do" which is preferable to what he's accused of.  (Which is probably closer to the truth, honestly.)
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

ArmedBear

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 04:45:46 AM »
What he means is that his constituents in Chicago won't be burglarizing houses in Wyoming anyway, so he doesn't mind as much if people in Wyoming have guns to defend themselves.

This "suit" is just thuggery, an attempt by Obama to silence his opposition. This is classic Chicago Machine political strategy.

The Obama campaign has used thuggery before, getting supporters to jam phone lines of radio stations, etc. They're not interested in debate, and the only "unity" they want is to suppress anyone who doesn't go along.

Obama is not just an empty suit. He's downright scary, and this is while he's still trying to be "nice".

BTW this is what they're so desperate to suppress: http://volokh.com/archives/archive_2008_09_21-2008_09_27.shtml#1222435425

The ad actually seems pretty mild to me, especially in light of the recent attacks on Sarah Palin by Obama surrogates.

Aside: I wonder if Dave knows that Obama was on the Joyce Foundation board, and who the Joyce Foundation is.

ArmedBear

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 04:52:02 AM »
Isn't the NRA saying the same thing Hillary said?

Yeah, but since the NRA is comprised of law-abiding citizens, Obama's not as scared of us as he is of the Clintons... grin

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 06:51:09 AM »
This "suit" is just thuggery, an attempt by Obama to silence his opposition. This is classic Chicago Machine political strategy.

More precisely, it's typical liberal, "community organizer" and NGO strategy. Sue everybody who doesn't abide by your wishes to give you what you want. I see it everyday at work with lawsuits brought against the government by environmental NGOs because we're not "doing something" <tm>. Obama comes from that same mentality, with a nice dose of that Chicago political machine thuggery thrown in for good measure.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 06:53:51 AM »

More precisely, it's typical liberal, "community organizer" and NGO strategy. Sue everybody who doesn't abide by your wishes to give them what they want. I see it everyday at work with lawsuits brought against the government by environmental NGOs because we're not "doing something" <tm>. Obama comes from that same mentality, with a nice dose of that Chicago political machine thuggery thrown in for good measure.

On a side note, a very well-spoken former "community organizer" called into a show the other day. He said he was involved with a neighborhood group, in Chicago, mind you, when it first started, because they were doing stuff like raising money to buy sports uniforms for the kids, that kind of thing.

Then it became an anti-government radical group, with some more questionable people coming in, and he got the hell out of it.

Very revealing. I had heard that had happened, the former bake-sale groups started becoming fronts for things like Black Panthers and Nation of Islam. But I hadn't heard it from someone who was actually there.

ronnyreagan

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 07:20:37 AM »
They're not interested in debate

I'm not disagreeing with your overall point, but I couldn't help but laugh at this considering it's McCain that's been trying to dodge tonight's debate. grin
You have to respect the president, whether you agree with him or not.
Obama, however, is not the president since a Kenyan cannot legally be the U.S. President ;/

Intune

• The Shakes
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 08:24:19 AM »
Ahh, sure, dodging...  And Obama was playing second fiddle with Nero whilst Rome burned.   cool

ArmedBear

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 09:01:06 AM »
Obama has been dodging a real debate with McCain for months.

McCain saw himself between a rock and a hard place, just like the RNC convention during the hurricane.

He could:

A. Go to DC and do the job he's currently paid for (and act as he has in the past, to help broker a compromise).
B. Act as if it's not his problem, and campaign like nothing else is going on.

He picked Option A. Obama wanted B. I don't think I'd blame either one of them, really.

I find it interesting, though, that Obama didn't use this as an opportunity to prove he could do what he claims: reach across the aisle. Personally, I think he doesn't want anyone to see clearly that he doesn't have that skill -- if he had it, he might have used it earlier. But if he actually CAN do as he claims, he was an idiot not to take an excellent chance to demonstrate it. That might have won him the election.

ronnyreagan

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008, 09:57:07 AM »
Obama has been dodging a real debate with McCain for months.

well no worries, it looks like tonight's debate is on after all.  As for whether or not it's a "real debate", most people don't seem to think so but it will still be more enlightening than Obama debating himself!

I'm not saying McCain (and Obama for that matter) shouldn't be in the senate to vote when that happens, it's just that neither of them are on the relevant committees it's NOT up for a vote yet and it was just a big media stunt. By all accounts, neither of them did anything significant during their visits to Washington and now McCain has decided to debate after all even though nothing has been resolved or even really changed since he decided to "suspend" his campaign. Anyway - there's a whole other thread dedicated to this topic - it's just that I found your wording humorous considering who was suggesting postponing the debates.
You have to respect the president, whether you agree with him or not.
Obama, however, is not the president since a Kenyan cannot legally be the U.S. President ;/

Sawdust

• friend
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008, 10:30:00 AM »
Let us remember that McCain has requested that more debates be scheduled, but Obama has refused.

Sawdust
Retain what's coming in; send off what is retreating.

Well, you going to pull those pistols boy,
or just whistle Dixie?

I'm your huckleberry.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2008, 11:38:01 AM »
They're not interested in debate

I'm not disagreeing with your overall point, but I couldn't help but laugh at this considering it's McCain that's been trying to dodge tonight's debate. grin

you remember mr obamas "anyplace anytime " lie?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2008, 11:55:28 AM »
The debate is on as I'm sure most of you already know.

This whole business about the NRA is humorous.  It paints the correct picture of Obama whether or not he wants to admit it.

Reporter:  Did you vote to ban handguns in Illinois?
Obama:  No, I voted present.  Smiley
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2008, 12:28:12 PM »

Reporter:  Did you vote to ban handguns in Illinois?
Obama:  No, I voted present.  Smiley

No, no....you misquoted him.....he said he meant to give handguns as presents in Illinois....because he is a benevolent, gun-friendly messiah.....and fistful is blameless....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

myrockfight

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2008, 06:43:11 AM »
Obama's tactics aren't limited to just lawsuits. He's actually notified Missouri police to try to silence people/groups who put out "untruthful" ads. I attached a link to a video - http://www.kmov.com/video/index.html?nvid=285793&shu=1

Poper

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2008, 08:29:11 AM »
My rock fight:

That piece of video about BO's campaign enlisting local law enforcement to police opposition advertising is chilling!  That's right out of Hugo Chavez's playbook!
Sean Hannity has said Jounalism died in 2008.  It appears it may also be the death of the 1st Amendment and the introduction attempt of true thug dictatorship. 

YIKES!

Poper

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2008, 08:34:07 AM »
Video won't load for me.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Poper

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2008, 08:47:56 AM »
Mike,
It worked just fine for me.
Poper

buzz_knox

• friend
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2008, 12:17:25 PM »
Obama said he was going to change politics, and he has.  He's taken every hairbrained scheme the libs have talked about doing to shut down opposition and he's acting on them.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2008, 05:50:41 PM »
In case any of you guys didn't get "Daves Not Here" grin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hArSps
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2008, 11:54:44 PM »
In case any of you guys didn't get "Daves Not Here" grin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hArSps

Yup.  Used to have that album.  In vinyl.  I miss it.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2008, 03:21:45 AM »
I don't know what's more disturbing....that Obama asked MO LEO's to "police" the campaign...or that MO LEO's are actually DOING it... shocked

Methinks some 1st. Amendment-based civil rights lawsuits will be in order...if not a MO "tea party", per se....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2008, 05:16:04 AM »
No, it's me Dave! I've got the stuff!
Dave's not here man!
Avoid cliches like the plague!

buzz_knox

• friend
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2008, 03:11:21 PM »
I'd love to see the NRA seek a temp. restraining order against Obama's actions.  If he wanted to stop it, he'd have to go on record to prove the ad is false.  He'd either lose outright or the evidence would be very helpful in the future.