Author Topic: Well It Seems We have a Bailout  (Read 1570 times)

Waitone

• friend
Well It Seems We have a Bailout
« on: September 28, 2008, 03:15:02 AM »
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D93FJ1182&show_article=1
<snip>
The plan calls for the Treasury Department to buy deeply distressed mortgage-backed securities and other bad debts held by banks and other investors. The money should help troubled lenders make new loans and keep credit lines open. The government would later try to sell the discounted loan packages at the best possible price.
<snip>

If the US government has given a single source franchise to a European bank, why is it the US treasury is buying up bad assets.  Seems to me it is time for the franchise holder to fall on the sword; to take one for the team so to speak.

Other thing I noticed in the article is there is mention of a quick vote but no mention of publishing the agreement on the internet.  I do not trust these people.  I intend to tell my representative so.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

longeyes

• friend
Re: Well It Seems We have a Bailout
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 07:54:26 AM »
We have no reason to trust an unholy alliance of gov't and business that sees the U.S. Treasury as an ATM machine for the rich, stocked by the U.S. taxpayer.

I think this current crisis has major "Boston Tea Party" potential.

A lot of things are coming to a head in America.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 09:01:02 AM »
Well, at least if they do approve the bailout I'll be able to take advantage of the "bump" it should give the Dow.  That'll make getting the hell out of stocks and cutting my losses much less painful.

This aint over yet, and no amount of Fed "rescue" is going to stave off the inevitable.

BReilley

• Just a frog in a pond.
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 12:25:09 PM »
You know, after hearing so many liberal complaints about government being in the pockets of big business... it strikes me a bit strange that this abomination is the solution offered by liberals.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 04:02:59 PM »
ugh.  This baffles me.

I can understand buying out failing banks so they can be sold off in managed and stable way rather then a firesale.

However, buying just the bad assets?  Thats insane.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.