Main Forums > Politics

McCain blows a chance for a big WIN-WIN

(1/8) > >>

Scout26:
When he first said he wasn't going to the debate, he put Obama in react mode.   Then McCain should have said "The Economic problems are too important, I'm going to stay in DC and wrok on them to get it solved, Country First.  Since Sarah is my VP choice, I'm gonna send her to Ole Miss to debate Obama."

That really would have boxed in Obama.  His options:

1)  Cancel the debate (bringing on the "Scared to debate Sarah" beatdown).

2)  Go ahead with the debate (Win or lose, Obama still loses.  Lose to Sarah = very BAD, Win = Congrats to beat the second string.)

I would have loved to have seen it, as every middle class mom (including Mrs. Scout), would have tuned in.....

Lost opportunity......

longeyes:
McCain played the "bi-partisan" card when he should have played the "maverick" card.

He should have opposed the bail-out--for the right reasons.  He needs to back the middle-class, back the risk-takers, the productive, the savers and investors.

I think he's confused and conflicted, just as Bush has been.  These men are, in their hearts, both liberals, and as liberals can't really deal with an ultra-leftist like Obama.

Leatherneck:
I wouldn't go so far as to call them liberals; I save that term for the odious left wing.

What I think is happening to McCain (and Pallin too, probably) is that they are now enmeshed in the tentacles of the RNC and being fed a steady diet of "what the party thinks." Continued support from said RNC being contingent on their toeing the line of course. I don't much like it.

TC

wacki:

--- Quote from: Leatherneck on September 29, 2008, 07:10:23 AM ---I wouldn't go so far as to call them liberals; I save that term for the odious left wing.

What I think is happening to McCain (and Pallin too, probably) is that they are now enmeshed in the tentacles of the RNC and being fed a steady diet of "what the party thinks." Continued support from said RNC being contingent on their toeing the line of course. I don't much like it.

TC

McCain is cashed strapped while the RNC is rich.  You are probably right.

Gentleman Ranker:
The scary thing is, if Obama can make the bailout thing stick to McCain, he (Obama) may have just won.

I don't think I've seen so many people so angry and upset about something since 9/11, and if the Dems can make people think Bailout = Republicans = McCain, then it's all over. It won't matter a bit how winsome Palin is.

regards,

GR

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version