Author Topic: I Trust Nancy Pelosi  (Read 2078 times)

Intune

• The Shakes
I Trust Nancy Pelosi
« on: October 01, 2008, 06:47:35 AM »
And so should you.  Wake up America.  Go to the money, we will take care of you and your family, Comrade.  Need a house, car or boat loan?  Sign here.  Don't worry, someone else earned it but YOU deserve it. 

Move along now, we have other people in line.  Be sure to catch those darling children singing in the lobby...

The Washington Times
Wednesday, October 1, 2008

OOPS-
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/oct/01/pelosis-pac-pays-bills-for-spouses-firm/
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has directed nearly $100,000 from her political action committee to her husband's real estate and investment firm over the past decade, a practice of paying a spouse with political donations that she supported banning last year.

Financial Leasing Services Inc. (FLS), owned by Paul F. Pelosi, has received $99,000 in rent, utilities and accounting fees from the speaker's "PAC to the Future" over the PAC's nine-year history.

The payments have quadrupled since Mr. Pelosi took over as treasurer of his wife's committee in 2007, Federal Election Commission records show. FLS is on track to take in $48,000 in payments this year alone - eight times as much as it received annually from 2000 to 2005, when the committee was run by another treasurer.

The line forms to the Left, comrade.

longeyes

• friend
Re: I Trust Nancy Pelosi
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 06:51:11 AM »
Obama follows the Chicago model.

Pelosi follows the Baltimore model.

Not much difference.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Intune

• The Shakes
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 07:19:35 AM »
Even better, or worse really, is this-

House Oversight Committee Democrat Henry Waxman has already summoned the former chief of Lehman Brothers, the failed investment bank whose collapse stunned the nation last week, to testify under oath before his committee next week.

And late today, Waxman publicly blasted the former Wall Street titans for not cooperating with requests for documents and emails, saying Lehman's counsel has told the committee "although these documents did exist at one time, they were typically "discarded.""

"It is difficult to understand how Lehman Brothers is unable to produce a single internal document that went to or from the CEO's office over the past six months," the letter stated. "It is also difficult to understand why there is no log, file, or other record documenting where these internal documents went."  shocked

I'm beginning to see why DC opposes the Supreme Court Heller decision.  The camels back is creaking, folks.  People are royally ticked off.  This could get REALLY ugly.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 07:25:29 AM »
What does Heller have to do with corporate malfeasance?
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 07:27:03 AM »
What does Heller have to do with corporate malfeasance?

He's hinting at the "reset" button.

I think we're not that close yet.  Won't happen until civil liberties really start to take a beating.  Crooks don't cause you to overthrow governments... it's tyrants that cause that.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 02:45:37 AM »
folks have been predicting the "revolution" for 50 plus years. different folks same tune.  can't dance to it
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Intune

• The Shakes
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 05:09:05 AM »
Naw, there won't be a revolution.  We don't have the co jones for it.

But when this house of cards comes tumbling down (tick, tock) and the bread & circus show folds its tents, we better be ready to protect our families as best we can.

Plant gardens, serfs.  Your masters have spoken.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 06:50:44 AM »
Maybe there was no revolution because there was a WW II.

To assume things will just drag on ignores the tumult that is history.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 06:55:12 AM »
As long as the lights stay on, there's food on the shelves and American Idol can be watched, the status quo will continue indefinitely.

People only get fed up to the point of revolt if they have nothing more to lose. And people still have too much to lose. So they won't.

Ever.